Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Tucker's FBI conspiracy theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tucker's FBI conspiracy theory

I don't need Tucker to tell me FBI had a hand in orchestrating (or the very least helped provoke) the riot of January 6th, because I'm not now, nor ever have been, under any illusion of what the FBI stands for. I'm just kind of surprised this was on Fox News of all networks.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/peop...iot/vi-AAL7KZ9

I know what the left will say because they all of sudden are the biggest advocates of FBI. It will be interesting to hear the opinions of the political right about this.

Originally posted by seanD View Post
    I don't need Tucker to tell me FBI had a hand in orchestrating (or the very least helped provoke) the riot of January 6th, because I'm not now, nor ever have been, under any illusion of what the FBI stands for. I'm just kind of surprised this was on Fox News of all networks.

I know what the left will say because they all of sudden are the biggest advocates of FBI. It will be interesting to hear the opinions of the political right about this.
    So do you agree that congress should investigate the January 6th riot?

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

FNC has increasingly had a healthy skepticism about the FBI (and various intel agencies) since Comey vs. Trump and FBI Swat vs. Roger Stone. They're gradually realizing it was not just one or two bad apples.

Some -- mainly Tucker, I think -- have expressed concern that the efforts at "gun control" + the "defund the police" movement will, intentionally or otherwise, put even more power in the hands of the FBI.

(Silly side note: My best friend is Little Miss Spoonerism. She can't keep from calling the FNC personality in question "Carl Tuckerson." But nothing will ever top X-Men star "Jack Human.")
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Why would we trust a Democrat lead congress?
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Unfortunately that is a very big question.

First, given that the country (especially congress) is horrendously and aggressively partisan, I don't trust the ability of members of congress to investigate something that can be used to score points against their opponents. It creates too much opportunism to omit, spin, or mislead the public.

I also do not see January 6th as being an isolated incident. I believe January 6th is the culmination of this rise of use of political violence. There has been low-level political violence since Trump was elected, from liberals and republicans alike. The entire summer of 2020 was full of political violence, often violence that went un-punished. I believe that without the normalization of political violence, especially during the summer, there likely would not have been a January 6th. Unfortunately, democrats wanted to investigate the 6th as an isolated incident that occurred in a vacuum.

So, do I believe there should be a congressional investigation? No. I don't even want a bipartisan investigation. I however would not mind a completely independent, impartial investigation into January 6th, and the political violence that led up to it.

Comment

Maybe an investigation of all the violence that took place in our streets last year. And not by Congress. We had enough clown shows with the impeachment circuses.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Maybe an investigation of all the violence that took place in our streets last year. And not by Congress. We had enough clown shows with the impeachment circuses.
              Agreed. All Congress really wants to do anyway is investigate Trump ad nauseum.

But the FBI could use some oversight or an investigation. Remember when the FBI claimed last year that there were indications that there would be violence at polling stations in every major city in every state? And what we got was absolutely nothing? That was after they got caught unaware on some other major developments, and they announced this as to save face (or something). It seems as though major events happen and they don't know about them, and they announce major events that never happen. A clown show.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Agreed. All Congress really wants to do anyway is investigate Trump ad nauseum.

But the FBI could use some oversight or an investigation. Remember when the FBI claimed last year that there were indications that there would be violence at polling stations in every major city in every state? And what we got was absolutely nothing? That was after they got caught unaware on some other major developments, and they announced this as to save face (or something). It seems as though major events happen and they don't know about them, and they announce major events that never happen. A clown show.
                Announcing that they are aware of something will tend to have a chilling effect on anyone allegedly plotting something, so we shouldn't dismiss it as ineffective.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Announcing that they are aware of something will tend to have a chilling effect on anyone allegedly plotting something, so we shouldn't dismiss it as ineffective.
                  That's logical, but it doesn't seem to fit reality. The fact everyone knew rioters were going to hit the streets every night in Seattle and Portland, as well as Minneapolis and Kenosha, didn't dissuade them from showing up and starting fires and breaking windows.

I really think the FBI was just trying to stay relevant in a chaotic world where they had/have become ineffectual.

Comment

That's logical, but it doesn't seem to fit reality. The fact everyone knew rioters were going to hit the streets every night in Seattle and Portland, as well as Minneapolis and Kenosha, didn't dissuade them from showing up and starting fires and breaking windows.

I really think the FBI was just trying to stay relevant in a chaotic world where they had/have become ineffectual.
                    I tend to think of it as "The Biden administration has set the domestic terrorism alert level to orange"

Comment

That was when they knew the police had been ordered by the Democrat leadership of those cities to stand down.

Look, I'm not defending the FBI here. The last few years revealed that they are in dire need of a massive shakeup starting at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I tend to think of it as "The Biden administration has set the domestic terrorism alert level to orange"
                        I tend to think of it as "People don't trust us anymore, criminals don't fear us anymore. We don't know what's going on, so let's make up something or exaggerate it so everyone will think we're 'in the know'."

Comment

I tend to think of it as "People don't trust us anymore, criminals don't fear us anymore. We don't know what's going on, so let's make up something or exaggerate it so everyone will think we're 'in the know'."
                          And what I men by my original statement is this:

Originally posted by wikipedia
                          Political manipulation[edit]

The lack of disclosure made the system vulnerable to manipulation by government officials. These attributes had been criticized by cartoonists,[13] journalists,[14] entertainers,[15] and security experts.[16]

The alert level was raised once in 2004, an election year, leading some critics to speculate that the Bush Administration used them for political rather than strictly security reasons.[17][18] In 2009, Ridge alleged in his book The Test of Our Times: America Under Siege ... and How We Can Be Safe Again that top aides to President Bush (including defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld and attorney general John Ashcroft) pressured him to raise the alert level on the eve of the November 2004 presidential election. Ridge refused. "After that episode, I knew I had to follow through with my plans to leave the federal government for the private sector," he said.[19]

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

And what I men by my original statement is this:
                            Ah. Well, I agree the FBI is a political animal. That was my first thought when they announced violence at polling places last year: "Who are they trying to hurt with this press release? Trump or Biden?" It may have been a political strategy, difficult to say.

Comment

In the bigger picture the intellectually honest will admit it is impossible for Antifa to exist if the institutions of the DOJ and FBI were functioning normally as part of the national law enforcement system.

A few dozen arrests for transparently obvious violence, combined with a few RICO cases against the financial systems that support Antifa, and the entire violent group and support network essentially disappears. Therefore, it is worth accepting the obvious…. The DOJ and FBI are part of the support structure that allows political violence to exist.

I would personally take it (confidently) a step further and say: Antifa simply could not exist without the explicit support of the DOJ/FBI.

Sometimes that support comes in the way of willful blindness or ignoring their activity. Regardless of each momentary example, the fact remains – both the DOJ and FBI do absolutely nothing to eliminate specific threats to our domestic tranquility, even when specific individuals carry out extreme violent acts with public visibility and reckless abandon.

[...]

Actual, real-life, Domestic Violent Extremists called Black Lives Matter and Antifa, tried to burn Washington DC in the summer of 2020. Not a single arrest. Not one. Not a single public FBI tweet about “help us find those arsonists who attempted to burn St. John’s church”. Nothing.

The DOJ and FBI willfully and purposefully turn a blind eye to literal acts of domestic violence, shootings, beatings, arson, murder, riots and chaos -even attacks on federal buildings- and do nothing. NOTHING.

Just like federal contractors purposefully given the keys to NSA/FBI databases to exploit and extract information for political targeting, so too is Antifa essentially operating as a federal contractor for domestic violence.

In essence, the FBI is Antifa…. and before that the FBI was Occupy…. and before that the FBI was supporting the 2007 SEIU/AFSCME political thugs. Go ahead and prove me wrong, but you better bring receipts; because there is a mountain of historical evidence to support my position.

Russia has a state police that CNN, the New York Times and Washington Post likes to talk about as a negative attribute to the former communist bloc. However, The United States has the FBI. Go ahead and tell me the difference between Russian “state police”, and the FBI as U.S. “state police“?

The FBI controls who gets security clearances for key positions in the U.S. government that require them. The FBI controls the investigations to support the clearance application. Knowing what you know about how the FBI operates: wouldn’t the FBI use that authority as a filtering tool against any entity who would disrupt or dismantle their power structure? Of course they do, there have been articles written about the delays and denials of security clearances with no legitimate reasoning.

If you start from the framework that the FBI as an institution is a political operation intent on protecting the currently corrupt systems that function as weapons within the United States government, then of course they would organize, coordinate and conduct subversive operations against groups and individuals they perceive as their enemy.

The largest recent example was their operation(s) against presidential candidate Donald Trump. That campaign included 50 FBI agents later assigned to the Weissmann/Mueller operation to create an obstruction case against President Trump in order to remove him from office.

That’s FIFTY FBI agents participating in the Mueller operation. Not a single one of those fifty FBI agents ever spoke out EVEN AFTER all evidence surfaced about how the FBI was manipulating the evidence inside the investigation itself. [Example: Chris Steele’s primary sub-source refuting the Steele dossier to the investigative agents, yet the FBI/DOJ continued with the Title-1 surveillance warrant, FISA renewals, against Carter Page.]

The FBI is a corrupt ideological institution that targets their political opposition. Of course the FBI planned, organized, assisted and in some ways carried out the January 6th operation to create the exact narrative currently being used to grant them more authority.

Do you think the FBI would be publicly behaving like this (picture below 2020) if they were not a politically ideological institution?

fbi-takes-a-knee.jpg

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ludes-the-fbi/

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment