Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Tucker's FBI conspiracy theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Are you saying that there is something wrong with federal court documents referring to undercover agents or criminal informants merely as “persons”?

If you were paying attention, you would have realized earlier that this sometimes happens. Revolver News mentioned Steve Robeson, for example.

Of course, he had been an informant for the federal government for 35 years, so they had legitimate reason to avoid exposing him as an informant. But they didn't call him an "unindicted co-conspirator".

I'm saying there is a vast difference between your "fact checker" information and the information from your latest source.

"An undercover FBI informant or agent cannot be an unindicted co-conspirator," said Ira P. Robbins, a law and justice professor at American University who has studied and written about unindicted co-conspirators.
    It is not common for federal court documents to refer to undercover agents or criminal informants merely as “persons.”
    "Cannot be" and is "is not common" as I understand it in the English language give two very different impressions.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

I'm saying there is a vast difference between your "fact checker" information and the information from your latest source.

"Cannot be" and is "is not common" as I understand it in the English language give two very different impressions.
      That's because they refer to two different things.

Cannot be an unindicted co-conspirator.

It is not common for them to be described merely as "persons".

Comment

That's because they refer to two different things.

Cannot be an unindicted co-conspirator.

It is not common for them to be described merely as "persons".
        It's clear from the docs that the "persons" being referenced are engaging in activity leading up the riot. There's no reason to think these aren't the "unindicted co- conspirators."

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

It's clear from the docs that the "persons" being referenced are engaging in activity leading up the riot. There's no reason to think these aren't the "unindicted co- conspirators."
          Are you suggesting that someone referred to as a "person" in one place is referred to as an "unindicted co-conspirator" in another place?

Comment

Are you suggesting that someone referred to as a "person" in one place is referred to as an "unindicted co-conspirator" in another place?
            Unindicted co-conspirators are not named and are commonly referred to as "Person 1" "Person 2" etc.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Unindicted co-conspirators are not named and are commonly referred to as "Person 1" "Person 2" etc.
              Good point. I should have said someone referred to "merely as a person".

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

You'd think something so obvious wouldn't be consciously missed.

Comment

Or, they only wanted to focus on the political violence that was an actual threat to our democracy.
                  And literal armed insurrection isn't? Are you serious or trolling?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Backup View Post

What’s to investigate about the antifa/BLM protests?

I’m not saying there were no bad actors and opportunists, but they were obviously a reaction to perceived violence by police against black people.

We need to know if the MAGA traitors planned their insurrection in advance or were motivated to violence by Trump.
                    Still amusing to see you call those who participated in the Jan 6 as "traitors" while bending over backwards acting as an apologist for actual armed insurrectionists (you can't be much more of a traitor than that).

giphy-9.gif
                    Backup responding to several months of looting, rioting, and even a few cold-blooded
                    murders by armed insurrectionists.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      And literal armed insurrection isn't? Are you serious or trolling?
                      If you are referring to Seattle, I'm not sure that is even the business of the national government.

Comment

If you are referring to Seattle, I'm not sure that is even the business of the national government.
                        Not just Seattle, and I don't know what world you live in to think that an armed insurgency group taking over part of an American city isn't the federal government's business.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Not just Seattle, and I don't know what world you live in to think that an armed insurgency group taking over part of an American city isn't the federal government's business.
                          I don't see that it requires a congressional investigation in the same way as, say, a direct attack on the Capitol Building itself.

Comment

So do you agree that congress should investigate the January 6th riot?
                            Not until they release the footage - all of it.
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I don't see that it requires a congressional investigation in the same way as, say, a direct attack on the Capitol Building itself.
                              You mean like this?

aoc-51-protesters-arrested-2018.jpg

Or how about the angry liberal mob storming the Senate during the Kavanaugh hearings, with many screaming "lock him up" (which kccd has assured us is an act of violence in and by itself) and unfurling banners. This even led now VP Kamala Harris into telling her fellow travelers "We will not be bullied" and resulted in hundreds being arrested after swarming into the Senate buildings and galleries, including the Russell Senate Office Building rotunda. Moreover, a couple of them even forcibly entered an elevator with then Senator Jeff Flake in order to physically intimidate him into asking for the FBI to do yet another investigation (which found nothing) and delaying the process for several days. The MSM hailed that confrontation where he was likely in far greater danger than AOC and her drama queen act ever was (not even being in the same building), which the same media was incredibly sympathetic toward.

Comment

I think that once per month, Pelosi's office should be stormed and people with muddy shoes should put their feet on her desk. It's amusing.

Comment