Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

President Biden Pushes BlueAnon Conspiracy Theory. About Jan. 6th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Biden Pushes BlueAnon Conspiracy Theory. About Jan. 6th

It appears that BlueAnon has reached all the way to the office of president in its spreading of conspiracy theories (we already saw on a prior thread a month or so ago, that its tendrils reached out to even this forum).

Biden claimed today that the rioters on January 6th killed a police officer. This is one of the more commonly pushed BlueAnon conspiracies, one that has been debunked for some time now, including by a coroner's report which ruled the death (which occurred the day after the Capitol incident) to be from natural causes due to pre-existing conditions.

President Biden on Wednesday inaccurately indicated that rioters who breached the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 killed a police officer.

"Mr. President, when President Putin was questioned today about human rights he said the reason why he's cracking down on opposition leaders is because he doesn't want something like Jan. 6th to happen in Russia," a reporter asked Biden on Wednesday, adding that Putin communicated that he does not want the formation of groups like Black Lives Matter. "What's your response to that please?" the reporter inquired.

Biden said he believes "that's a ridiculous comparison. It's one thing for literally criminals to break through cordon, go into the Capitol, kill a police officer and be held unaccountable, and it is for people ... marching on the Capitol and saying, 'You are not allowing me to speak freely. You are not allowing me to do A, B, C or D.' And so they're very different criteria."

U.S. Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick passed away on Jan. 7, the day after the riot, but the Washington D.C. chief medical examiner determined that the manner of death was natural and Sicknick had suffered strokes.

https://justthenews.com/government/w...-killed-police
    Just goes to show how pervasive BlueAnon is, even in the upper reaches of government.

It's possible his handlers hadn't briefed him on the details of Jan 6. Or, he has forgotten the details in his demented state. Biden seems too 'out of it' to entertain conspiracy theories.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
      It's possible his handlers hadn't briefed him on the details of Jan 6. Or, he has forgotten the details in his demented state. Biden seems too 'out of it' to entertain conspiracy theories.
      The same guy who delivered the notorious "They're going to put y'all back in chains" speech? But then again, that was nearly a decade and much more with it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        The same guy who delivered the notorious "They're going to put y'all back in chains" speech? But then again, that was nearly a decade and much more with it.
        It's scary thinking he's meeting with people like Putin or Xi. These guys will walk all over him. But he probably won't remember after he leaves the room. Maybe the translators will.

Comment

It's scary thinking he's meeting with people like Putin or Xi. These guys will walk all over him. But he probably won't remember after he leaves the room. Maybe the translators will.
          Most likely after his meeting with Putin the latter had to fight the urge to do cartwheels out of the room now that he has personally confirmed that the current U.S. president is an enfeebled duffer who has trouble completing any sentence he hasn't repeatedly rehearsed.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If you keep repeating a lie long enough, it becomes part of the narrative and people will continue to believe it despite it being a lie. At least that is the strategy.

Comment

Most likely after his meeting with Putin the latter had to fight the urge to do cartwheels out of the room now that he has personally confirmed that the current U.S. president is an enfeebled duffer who has trouble completing any sentence he hasn't repeatedly rehearsed.
              I loved the very small clip that they showed on the local news of Biden's press conference after meeting with Putin. He started,"I don't know how I became President", and then he paused, and carried on with whatever else he said. I quipped to my husband, "The first part of his sentence was the truest thing he ever said".

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I doubt this was a mistake. Democrats have been willfully pushing all kinds of lies about January 6.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I doubt this was a mistake. Democrats have been willfully pushing all kinds of lies about January 6.
                  Willful lies about Jan 6th that greatly benefits them politically.

It's sort of like the neocons' version of 911, in that it justifies all sorts of fearmongering about "domestic terrorist boogiemen" out to get us and allows them to pass policies to fight this so-called terrorism they normally wouldn't be able to pass without that event.

Comment

I suppose it's worth asking how much of this is really Joe, and how much of it is his puppet masters. After all, we are talking about a guy who starts a press conference by saying, "As usual, folks, they gave me a list of people I'm going to call on..."

Comment

I suppose it's worth asking how much of this is really Joe, and how much of it is his puppet masters. After all, we are talking about a guy who starts a press conference by saying, "As usual, folks, they gave me a list of people I'm going to call on..."

Those are the names of the members of the White House press corp that bent the knee and submitted their questions in advance for approval and so old Joe could be told what answer to give.

Comment

Those are the names of the members of the White House press corp that bent the knee and submitted their questions in advance for approval and so old Joe could be told what answer to give.
                        At which point he proceeds to stumble and stammer and lose his train of thought even with notecards in hand.

Comment

He apparently uses index cards, even when it met with Putin (though I haven't really been able to verify this) so that should be a pretty clear clue.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

He apparently uses index cards, even when it met with Putin (though I haven't really been able to verify this) so that should be a pretty clear clue.
                            And the White House declined to send Joe out for a joint press conference with Putin, which was a significant show of weakness and gave Putin the golden opportunity to say pretty much whatever he wanted with no pushback.

Comment

Here is old Joe responding to a reporter's question about him once calling Putin a killer. Forget the commentary and just watch the question and Biden's response about 40 seconds in.

Ouch.

Talk about cringe worthy. Biden completely losing his place yet again and a very long awkward pause followed with a very weak ending.

Comment