Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

President Biden Pushes BlueAnon Conspiracy Theory. About Jan. 6th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Another symptom is he has occasional bouts of speech slurring. Sometimes he speaks clearly, but other times he talks like he has a mouth full of marbles. That's usually a sign of some neurological problems. Or drinking.
    You know he is a stutterer, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Backup View Post

We know that is what his handlers claim to try to handwave away his mental decline. And perhaps he was a stutterer at a young age. But his speech since becoming a senator has not indicated that. Only the last couple years have we seen thse major declines in speech/memory. So if he was a stutterer when young, and this is simply his 'stutter' now then that's pretty indicative that his mental state has declined to such a point that he's regressed to that time.

But as someone who has a kid who was a stutterer through late middle school, his gaffes/slurs/rapid shifts in topics/forgetfulness does not present as a stutter.

Comment

Sorry, but what we've seen from Joe over the last two-years, such as forgetting which office he was running for (more than once during the presidential campaign, he proclaimed that he was running for senate), or repeatedly confusing between Syria and Iran in the same statement, or suddenly stopping midsentence and staring blankly for up to 10-seconds and then continuing with a completely different thought, can not be attributed to a stutter.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

"‘I keep forgetting I’m president."
          -Joe Biden

A truthful statement passed off as a joke?

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

We know that is what his handlers claim to try to handwave away his mental decline. And perhaps he was a stutterer at a young age. But his speech since becoming a senator has not indicated that. Only the last couple years have we seen thse major declines in speech/memory. So if he was a stutterer when young, and this is simply his 'stutter' now then that's pretty indicative that his mental state has declined to such a point that he's regressed to that time.

But as someone who has a kid who was a stutterer through late middle school, his gaffes/slurs/rapid shifts in topics/forgetfulness does not present as a stutter.
            So you think he has dementia, and his “handlers” are lying about his stutter to hide this fact?

How do you feel about the letter from the 350 psychologists that said Trump’s mental health was deteriorating dangerously?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Sorry, but what we've seen from Joe over the last two-years, such as forgetting which office he was running for (more than once during the presidential campaign, he proclaimed that he was running for senate), or repeatedly confusing between Syria and Iran in the same statement, or suddenly stopping midsentence and staring blankly for up to 10-seconds and then continuing with a completely different thought, can not be attributed to a stutter.
              So you think he should step down and let Harris take charge?

Comment

So you think he has dementia, and his “handlers” are lying about his stutter to hide this fact?

How do you feel about the letter from the 350 psychologists that said Trump’s mental health was deteriorating dangerously?
                I think it opened the door to this type of criticism. Suggesting Biden should take an acuity test and we should seriously consider removing biden by the 25th...if we follow the same course as those who supported that letter.

Comment

I'm obviously not thrilled about the idea of Willie Brown's mistress sitting in the Oval Office, but Joe is clearly not mentally fit enough to serve as president.

Comment

You know he has no record of mumbling and slurring like this in his nearly 50 years in the public eye up until just the last couple of years, right?

Listen to when he talks as recently as when he was still VP. Even in the last year.

You won't see a trace of what everyone sees now.

Moreover, virtually everyone knows a stutterer, or are/were a stutterer. People know the difference between stuttering, and either slurring, mumbling, taking long awkward pauses trying to collect your thoughts, and the uh, you know, you know, the thing.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So you think he has dementia,
                      As someone who watched his grandparents, and several older uncles and aunts deteriorate with dementia - I don't simply 'think' he has dementia, it is clear as bloody day that he does.
                      and his “handlers” are lying about his stutter to hide this fact?
                      Certainly. They're doing all they can to shelter him and his deteriorating brain.

I wasn't a Trump supporter so your whataboutism falls rather flat (indeed, I thought Trump was too old and likely had some health deterioration)

Comment

I think he should. And I hate Harris and everything about her, even more than I despise Biden. That should say something.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          You know he has no record of mumbling and slurring like this in his nearly 50 years in the public eye up until just the last couple of years, right?

Listen to when he talks as recently as when he was still VP. Even in the last year.

Moreover, virtually everyone knows a stutterer, or are/were a stutterer. People know the difference between stuttering, and either slurring, mumbling, taking long awkward pauses trying to collect your thoughts, and the uh, you know, you know, the thing.
                          Leftist gaslighting about something so obvious about Biden that we can see and hear with our own eyes and ears is even creepier than the fact we elected an old guy with dementia.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

So you also think his “handlers” are hiding his dementia, and using the stuttering as an excuse?

So do you believe these “handlers” are really in control of the presidency? How can they be sure he won’t say something really crazy when he’s on live TV?

Did you hold Trump to the same standards over his verbal slip ups, and much more bizarre and erratic behavior?

Comment

So you also think his “handlers” are hiding his dementia, and using the stuttering as an excuse?

So do you believe these “handlers” are really in control of the presidency? How can they be sure he won’t say something really crazy when he’s on live TV?

Did you hold Trump to the same standards over his verbal slip ups, and much more bizarre and erratic behavior?
                              LiconaFan/DivineOb is that you?

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

LiconaFan/DivineOb is that you?

Don't think so. I'm aware of backup fom "the other" forum.

He's so far tamer than he was there. I'm hoping this positive change holds.
                                Last edited by CivilDiscourse; 06-19-2021, 01:52 PM.

Comment