Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Liberals Gone Wild: School board removes all holiday names from calendar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liberals Gone Wild: School board removes all holiday names from calendar.

New Jersey school district removes names of all holidays from school calendar

NEW JERSEY - After an outcry at a raucous public meeting over a previous decision to rename Columbus Day as Indigenous Peoples Day, the board of education at a New Jersey school district decided to strip all holiday names off of the school calendar.

So holidays like Thanksgiving will not be on the calendar and will simply be called "day off". Jewish holidays of Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur were also stripped off the calendar by the move.

"If we don't have anything on the calendar, we don't have to have anyone be hurt feelings or anything like that," board member Dorene Roche said.

The board members made the move in an effort to not offend anyone who feels slighted by days that reference a person, holiday, or ethnic group.

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/new-jers...chool-calendar

Maybe someone should complain to the school board that the days are named after various pagan gods and this is offensive and suggest they switch to Day 1 for Sunday, Day 2 for Monday, Day 3 for Tuesday etc. and see if they bite. It looks like this Dorene Roche would.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Honestly, this is a big ho hum for me. I recognize this is a molehill.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        ... decision to rename Columbus Day as Indigenous Peoples Day ...
        I can totally see liberals up in arms over that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

I can totally see liberals up in arms over that one.
          A lot of Italians in New Jersey. Many of them take attacks on Columbus Day as something almost personal, regardless of political views.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Let's get rid of the days of the month while we are at it. Since they are named after Pagan gods. But I guess you cannot expect consistency.

Comment

And our months... some named after Roman deities, others after Roman emperors, and others after Roman numbers. Wasn't Italy originally the Roman Empire?
              When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
                Honestly, this is a big ho hum for me. I recognize this is a molehill.
                It's cumulative. Don't look at it as just one incident, look at it as a pattern of incidents -- some minor, some not so minor -- that are all stemming from the same common leftist ideological lunacy.

Comment