Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Democrats, Republicans and the "n-word"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democrats, Republicans and the "n-word"

Texts of Eric Trump regularly using the n-word in conversations with his (white) attorney have surfaced showing that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Eric Trump repeatedly used the n-word in the exchange in the cavalier manner seen only in those who are comfortable using the word in conversation and employ it frequently.

The MSM has of course erupted in rage demanding that his father, Donald Trump be impeached again, and... that...

What's that?

It wasn't Eric Trump? Maybe Donald Trump Jr. then. No? The former president himself? No??

Oooooh. It was Hunter Biden. Old Joe's tiresome son.

Well nothing to see here then.

White Democrats can freely bandy about the n-word without fear of consequence while other less special folks typically get fired or cancelled for doing so. Look at former KKK kleagle and Exalted Cyclops Senator Robert Byrd (D-WV) used it matter-of-factly on national TV in 2001 not only was he not censured his comrades promoted him to the position of President pro tempore[1] about a month later.

So we can now clearly see that Hunter is a racist just like dear old dad and of course the MSM yawns. Awhile back when Eric Trump "liked" a tweet that contained racially insensitive language (nothing even close to the n-word), CNN spent an evening discussing it. But now that it is old Joe's problematic spawn...

Anyone care to wager that at the next press conference nobody will bring this up whereas if it were a Republican that would be the first thing brought up not just then but for every Republican elected official until the end of the month.

But I guess it isn't news when a Democrat does it because such behavior is expected. Sort of like how "dog bites man" isn't considered news.

1. the second-highest-ranking official of the United States Senate, who is third in the line of succession to the presidency, after the vice president and the Speaker of the House of Representatives, and who presides over Senate sessions

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

I wonder how many on the left here will come to decry Hunter's behaviour.

i shall not hold my breath...

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I wonder how many on the left will even hear about it.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        I wonder how many on the left will even hear about it.
        The ones here, to whom I was referring, will, if they are reading Civics.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Texts of Eric Trump regularly using the n-word in conversations with his (white) attorney have surfaced showing that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Eric Trump repeatedly used the n-word in the exchange in the cavalier manner seen only in those who are comfortable using the word in conversation and employ it frequently.

The MSM has of course erupted in rage demanding that his father, Donald Trump be impeached again, and... that...

What's that?

It wasn't Eric Trump? Maybe Donald Trump Jr. then. No? The former president himself? No??

Oooooh. It was Hunter Biden. Old Joe's tiresome son.

Well nothing to see here then.

White Democrats can freely bandy about the n-word without fear of consequence while other less special folks typically get fired or cancelled for doing so. Look at former KKK kleagle and Exalted Cyclops Senator Robert Byrd (D-WV) used it matter-of-factly on national TV in 2001 not only was he not censured his comrades promoted him to the position of President pro tempore[1] about a month later.

So we can now clearly see that Hunter is a racist just like dear old dad and of course the MSM yawns. Awhile back when Eric Trump "liked" a tweet that contained racially insensitive language (nothing even close to the n-word), CNN spent an evening discussing it. But now that it is old Joe's problematic spawn...

Anyone care to wager that at the next press conference nobody will bring this up whereas if it were a Republican that would be the first thing brought up not just then but for every Republican elected official until the end of the month.

But I guess it isn't news when a Democrat does it because such behavior is expected. Sort of like how "dog bites man" isn't considered news.

1. the second-highest-ranking official of the United States Senate, who is third in the line of succession to the presidency, after the vice president and the Speaker of the House of Representatives, and who presides over Senate sessions
          Did he? Or didn't he?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hunter-biden-texts/

Or should we all just sing Cole Porter's Let's Call the Whole Thing Off?
          "It ain't necessarily so
          The things that you're liable
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life
          Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Did he? Or didn't he?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hunter-biden-texts/

Or should we all just sing Cole Porter's Let's Call the Whole Thing Off?
            The left routinely cancels folks based on unsubstantiated rumor. This has been verified by several sources, but Snopes, as they typically do when it comes to anything politics, will keep spinning and declaring what people "meant" to say until they hand wave it off.

Comment

The left routinely cancels folks based on unsubstantiated rumor. This has been verified by several sources, but Snopes, as they typically do when it comes to anything politics, will keep spinning and declaring what people "meant" to say until they hand wave it off.
              I do not know if what you have posted in your OP is based on accuracy or authenticity. If you have some attested evidence produce it.
              "It ain't necessarily so
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

And Snopes is oh, so balanced.

Comment

I see that none have shown up yet.

Comment

To demonstrate the difference in coverage, MSNBC and others could hardly wait to get Trump's niece Mary on TV to discuss her completely unverified claim that Trump had said the n-word and Anti-Semitic slurs[1]. Rachel Maddow spent an entire segment on it following an interview she did for WaPo. The MSM were tripping over their feet to line her up as a guest.

1. her credibility gets strained to the breaking point when you consider that Jared Kushner, who Trump is very close to and implicitly trusts is an Orthodox Jew and his son-in-law. That means his grandchildren are Jewish. Further, he has a long history of generously contributing to Jewish charities, including the Anti-Defamation League, and has received the Jewish National Fund’s “Tree of Life” award, and unlike several previous presidential, made good on a pledge to move the U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem. He has been a staunch ally of Israel -- FAR more so than his immediate predecessor. I could go on. But suffice it to say in spite of not a single scintilla of corroborating evidence (unlike with Hunter), and a good deal of contradicting evidence (again, unlike with Hunter) the MSM was eager to report on Mary Trump's assertions.

Comment

I do not know if what you have posted in your OP is based on accuracy or authenticity. If you have some attested evidence produce it.
                      Check yourself to see how little this has been covered by the MSM. They are, with very few exceptions ignoring the story.

Now, if you're demanding that the claim itself be "proven beyond a reasonable doubt" first, then you're trying to establish a standard that no news organization has ever followed. If they did they couldn't report on someone being arrested and charged with a crime since it hasn't been proven. The very first we would hear about Floyd and Chauvin would be after Chauvin's conviction.

Comment

And Snopes is oh, so balanced.
                        I understand it tries to be.

"It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

There is no try. There is only do.

Comment

Not really. At least not when it comes to politics.

In the past they even boasted of how proudly partisan their chief fact checker is. Not something you do if you're interested in the truth.

Further, I can attest to their lack of even an interest in being unbiased from personal experience. Back when Bill Clinton was in his second term as president, and not long after his victory over Bob Dole, I came across an article about Dole on Snopes that was completely wrong. It had something to do with his general reputation for being an old grouch, but in this particular instance it was an urban myth (I cannot remember the exact details any longer at this point).

I contacted them about it and provided multiple sources along with links demonstrating their error and got an email back which essentially said that because Dole was such a mean person in general it didn't matter if the story was accurate and they wouldn't change the article. A month or two later they removed the article without comment.

Their response, and their insistence on "fact checking" the satire news site Babylon Bee, were real eye-openers for me and I learned to take what they said about politics with a large grain of salt after that.

Comment

Not really. At least not when it comes to politics.

In the past they even boasted of how proudly partisan their chief fact checker is.
                              Some valid corroboration would be useful.

Or is this another instance of your unsupported opinion masquerading as attested fact?

"It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment