Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Democrats, Republicans and the "n-word"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    It is odd that that you choose to call my comments whataboutism but when those of your own persuasion write similarly you choose to ignore it.
    So your response is more "whataboutism?" Hilarious!

Precisely. We don't know if it has been proven.
    So I guess we should have used that excuse for everything the democrats flung against Trump for the last 5 years?

That is your prejudice petticoat showing.
    No, just pointing out what Snopes is doing.

I have no idea.
    Gee you would think that if some newspaper was selling a bunch of lies which is being spread around the world, Hunter would want to nip that in the bud and deny it, eh? Of course a denial woudln't be proof it was lies, but it would at least put some doubt out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Gee you would think that if some newspaper was selling a bunch of lies which is being spread around the world, Hunter would want to nip that in the bud and deny it, eh? Of course a denial woudln't be proof it was lies, but it would at least put some doubt out there.
      His attorney has declared that the laptop isn't Hunter's but he has also sued to have it returned...

Maybe it's just me but you can't have something that you claim isn't yours "retuned" to you.

IOW, for those on the short bus , the moment they filed to get the laptop returned they admitted in court that it's Hunter's laptop, notwithstanding any claims to the contrary.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I have no idea if this actually took place precisely as rogue06 presented it. If Biden did indeed use the language it was inappropriate and potentially offensive.
        The word that you're fumbling about trying to avoid is "racist."

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Texts of Eric Trump regularly using the n-word in conversations with his (white) attorney have surfaced showing that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Eric Trump repeatedly used the n-word in the exchange in the cavalier manner seen only in those who are comfortable using the word in conversation and employ it frequently.

The MSM has of course erupted in rage demanding that his father, Donald Trump be impeached again, and... that...

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Read what I said, as opposed to what you think I said.

YOU didn't say anything in the post I replied to.

You quoted material commenting about snopes but which indicates their actual bias is low.

But you were replying to HA's challenge to rogue of an accusation of significant bias by snopes.

Given the context, you were ostensibly providing commentary that supported rogue's assertion. But you actually provided the opposite, hence my comment.

Perhaps instead of 'did you notice that' I should have said 'was that your intent'.

My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Do you doubt it for a moment if it had happened

Comment

So your response is more "whataboutism?" Hilarious!
                And there you go again.

So I guess we should have used that excuse for everything the democrats flung against Trump for the last 5 years?
                It appears you are engaging in whataboutism!
                "It ain't necessarily so
                The things that you're liable
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life
                Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

YOU didn't say anything in the post I replied to.

You quoted material commenting about snopes but which indicates their actual bias is low.

But you were replying to HA's challenge to rogue of an accusation of significant bias by snopes.

Given the context, you were ostensibly providing commentary that supported rogue's assertion. But you actually provided the opposite, hence my comment.

Perhaps instead of 'did you notice that' I should have said 'was that your intent'.

I gave context to the argument. I will leave it to others to argue if the bias is worth taking into consideration. As I said, I would take their grey rulings as something to look deeper into, as that tends to be where it slips in.

Comment

On occasion and usually with regard to people who are celebrities and of course royals. "Sources close the prince/princess remarked" or "A close friend of [insert famous name here] said".

That way the paper and journalist covers their respective proverbials.

However, the number of books that came out about the Trump administration does suggest that something was awry.
                    You seem to have cut off the remainder of the quote...almost mining it...

Comment

The word that you're fumbling about trying to avoid is "racist."
                      Only to black people. It is not racist for a white man to call another white person that term because it is patently not true. The word's origin comes from the Latin for black. White people are not black

It is inappropriate because the word is extremely offensive to black people and is demeaning to them. It is also rather juvenile but for one white to use it to another white cannot be racist.

If Biden was alleged to have used the term "honky " would that have been racist?
                      "It ain't necessarily so
                      The things that you're liable
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life
                      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

And there you go again.

It appears you are engaging in whataboutism!
                        Uh Yeah. That was the point of the question.

I am just trying to follow your rules of argumentation:

1. Distract/Derail
                        2. Use Whataboutism
                        3. Use some obscure words to try to confuse people and pretend to be smart.
                        4. Demand sources when all else fails
                        5. Go to 1.

That's about it right?
                        Last edited by Sparko; 06-14-2021, 12:12 PM.

Comment

I gave context to the argument. I will leave it to others to argue if the bias is worth taking into consideration. As I said, I would take their grey rulings as something to look deeper into, as that tends to be where it slips in.
                          I think perhaps my statement was more aggressive than it needed to be, and you left vague your purpose. Lessons to be learned. Hopefully saying that will not also create offense.
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Do you doubt it for a moment if it had happened
                            Trump.jpg

Comment

I know you have no idea. You just said it's a standard tactic for the "journalist" to have simply made it up. You said Tabloid, but it wasn't limited to tabloids. Saying it came from an anonymous source was common during the trump admin.
                              My favorite was "those familiar with the president's thinking", which could literally be anybody.

​​​​​​
                              ​​​​​​But in this case with Hunter, it's not "sources say" since we can see the actual text messages for ourselves.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Only to black people. It is not racist for a white man to call another white person that term because it is patently not true. The word's origin comes from the Latin for black. White people are not black

It is inappropriate because the word is extremely offensive to black people and is demeaning to them. It is also rather juvenile but for one white to use it to another white cannot be racist.

If Biden was alleged to have used the term "honky " would that have been racist?
                                I'm trying to figure out of you seriously believed what you wrote or are gaslighting.

Comment