Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden's Racist Policies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Here's the problem, you keep using the word "fair". I didn't say that word. I pointed out that you have to balance the wrongs of the past with the immediate impact on those in equal situations.

Lets go to your school funding comment. If a school is in the wrong color neighborhood, but is in as bad a shape as the others. While you are re-balancing school budgets, do you tell that school and it's parents/students/teachers that "too bad, you guys are the wrong color, your school doesn't get help."
    It seems to me that in bringing schools up to a standard you don't need to target black schools specifically. Most of the bad ones are in the black neighborhoods due to the history of racism. Where it might get tricky is if you have limited funds per year and have to use a phased approach. Then you target the worst schools first. Again, most of the time because of the racism and discrimination that has driven the problematic, hat will also be in a black neighborhood. But supposing for some odd reason your very worst school gad a mostly white population. Then I think you need to put at least 1 or 2 of the poorer black schools ahead of it. One in deference to how much has been taken from them over the years (my kids and the sandwich analogy) and 2 because sometimes funding dried up and, again, the point is to create balance in the population wrt education with an eye to eliminating disparities that can be clearly discerned simply by looking at race
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

It seems to me that in bringing schools up to a standard you don't need to target black schools specifically. Most of the bad ones are in the black neighborhoods due to the history of racism. Where it might get tricky is if you have limited funds per year and have to use a phased approach. Then you target the worst schools first. Again, most of the time because of the racism and discrimination that has driven the problematic, hat will also be in a black neighborhood. But supposing for some odd reason your very worst school gad a mostly white population. Then I think you need to put at least 1 or 2 of the poorer black schools ahead of it. One in deference to how much has been taken from them over the years (my kids and the sandwich analogy) and 2 because sometimes funding dried up and, again, the point is to create balance in the population wrt education with an eye to eliminating disparities that can be clearly discerned simply by looking at race
      See, this is where I lean on the problem. There are likely many race-neutral programs that can be created to deal with the situation. If we have two people/groups in largely equal present situations, we should not be deciding which one gets help based on skin color.

As you've pointed out years of racist acts and policies have resulted in blacks being statistically grouped in certain measurements. It stands to reason then that you can aim policies at those statistical measures, helping everyone who is in that area without having to resort to race-based criteria.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

See, this is where I lean on the problem. There are likely many race-neutral programs that can be created to deal with the situation. If we have two people/groups in largely equal present situations, we should not be deciding which one gets help based on skin color.

As you've pointed out years of racist acts and policies have resulted in blacks being statistically grouped in certain measurements. It stands to reason then that you can aim policies at those statistical measures, helping everyone who is in that area without having to resort to race-based criteria.
        I think where that works it is a better plan. But things like bias in the justice system have to be addressed directly. E.g Excessive incarceration of one race over another dure to overt or intrinsic bias perpetuates the problems of poverty and community disfunction. It also tends to create career criminals.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Another defeat for this racist policy.

Federal judge grants preliminary injunction to stop the program's enforcement

Scott Wynn is a lifelong farmer who has run Wynn Farms in Jennings, Florida, producing sweet potatoes, corn, and cattle since 2006. COVID-19, however, hit the family’s finances hard. Steep drops in beef prices and too little help and supplies to grow sweet potatoes meant less income, nearly all of which went toward federal farm loan repayment. A farm loan forgiveness provision is baked into the COVID-19-driven American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, but Scott is not eligible—because he is white. The law allows loan forgiveness of up to 120 percent but only for minority farmers and ranchers, who the law automatically treats as “socially disadvantaged,” regardless of their individual circumstances. Because government cannot use racial classifications to decide who gets government benefits and burdens, Scott is fighting back to restore his right to equal treatment for all farmers.

https://pacificlegal.org/case/farm-loan-forgiveness/
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment