Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What Are Birthing People?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are Birthing People?

Did I miss something?

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

This was discussed here around Mother's Day. Apparently it's the left's new way of describing anybody who gives birth. Even "men".

And my is not for you.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      Did I miss something?

Yes, you are obviously not part of the cult.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        This was discussed here around Mother's Day. Apparently it's the left's new way of describing anybody who gives birth. Even "men".

And my is not for you.
        Yup they don't want to be exclusive.

A lot more in the other thread To all the mothers out there... Happy Birthing Persons Day!, which shows it has moved well beyond the fringe. You might notice some prominent faces in this video:

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And my is not for you.
          But men can't give birth...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

But "men" can.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

But "men" can.
              can'tdisagree.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yeah. But women who identify as "men" can. That's the whole point of the use of "birthing people" instead of women or mothers. Because the sick minds of those who claim to be able to change their sexual identities say so.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Yeah. But women who identify as "men" can. That's the whole point of the use of "birthing people" instead of women or mothers. Because the sick minds of those who claim to be able to change their sexual identities say so.
                  I was actually going to object to that last part but then I thought about it and yeah you can legitimately describe them as sick minds. Not in the sense of being perverted/evil but in the sense that they are truly sick in the literal sense: disordered, have something genuinely wrong with their mind much like people who are anorexic or otherwise have other body dysphoria.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

I was actually going to object to that last part but then I thought about it and yeah you can legitimately describe them as sick minds. Not in the sense of being perverted/evil but in the sense that they are truly sick in the literal sense: disordered, have something genuinely wrong with their mind much like people who are anorexic or otherwise have other body dysphoria.
                    The dysphoria may be part of a small fraction of those who think they can change their gender. But for the majority of those who think so, it is indeed a desire to go against the natural order of gender for the sake of a perverted idea of sexual "freedom".

Comment

The dysphoria may be part of a small fraction of those who think they can change their gender. But for the majority of those who think so, it is indeed a desire to go against the natural order of gender for the sake of a perverted idea of sexual "freedom".
                      Not so. Dysphoria is what drives the diagnosis that engenders support for the change in the medical community. We can debate whether or not that is real, or whether or not altering the outward appearance and custom is the best solution for dealing with the dysphoria itself, but from everything I've read and from anyone I've dealt with dealing with the issue, gender Dysphoria is the first diagnosis that leads to the follow on adjustments to their lives. They are not - in the majority - just people doing this 'for the sake of a perverted idea of sexual "freedom"'.

For some Christian perspectives on this that are not just derivatives the Westboro Baptist Church viewpoint, see information from Preston Sprinkle https://www.prestonsprinkle.com/

https://www.amazon.com/Embodied-Tran.../dp/0830781226

and Mark Yarhouse (Wheaton) https://www.wheaton.edu/academics/fa...mark-yarhouse/

https://www.amazon.com/Emerging-Gend...87434342&psc=1
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Not so. Dysphoria is what drives the diagnosis that engenders support for the change in the medical community. We can debate whether or not that is real, or whether or not altering the outward appearance and custom is the best solution for dealing with the dysphoria itself, but from everything I've read and from anyone I've dealt with dealing with the issue, gender Dysphoria is the first diagnosis that leads to the follow on adjustments to their lives. They are not - in the majority - just people doing this 'for the sake of a perverted idea of sexual "freedom"'.

For some Christian perspectives on this that are not just derivatives the Westboro Baptist Church viewpoint, see information from Preston Sprinkle https://www.prestonsprinkle.com/

and Mark Yarhouse (Wheaton) https://www.wheaton.edu/academics/fa...mark-yarhouse/

No. And for you to assume that I somehow follow anything from Westboro is not only in great error, but offensive. I will read scripture only, and use that for my thinking on what God intended male and female to be.

True gender dysphoria is not that common, it is an excuse. And the push to allow even little children to change their gender out of some imagined dysphoria is vile and evil and smacks of satanic influence in this world that at this point in history belongs to him.

Comment

The mask just keeps peeling off, bit by bit.

Comment

No. And for you to assume that I somehow follow anything from Westboro is not only in great error, but offensive. I will read scripture only, and use that for my thinking on what God intended male and female to be.
                            Westboro offers nothing but condemnation to the lost over these sexual issues. Your comment was in that spirit, and that is why I made the reference.

True gender dysphoria is not that common,
                            It is unfortunately more common that many of us understand or wish to believe.

it is an excuse.
                            That is a judgement based on ignorance, which is why I offered you some more nuanced Christian perspectives on the issue.

And the push to allow even little children to change their gender out of some imagined dysphoria is vile and evil and smacks of satanic influence in this world that at this point in history belongs to him.
                            I do believe Satan is involved here, but perhaps not only in the way you think.

This is an issue for our culture, just like the rest of the LGBTQ+ things is. Dealing with it by beating people over the head and demeaning them and accusing them of being Satan's spawn is not the way. Hard as it may be, I encourage you to take a look at and listen to some of Mark Yarborough's discussions of this issue from a Christian perspective and see if there are not some things he has to say that can inform your position.
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Westboro offers nothing but condemnation to the lost over these sexual issues. Your comment was in that spirit, and that is why I made the reference.

It is unfortunately more common that many of us understand or wish to believe.

That is a judgement based on ignorance, which is why I offered you some more nuanced Christian perspectives on the issue.

I do believe Satan is involved here, but perhaps not only in the way you think.

This is an issue for our culture, just like the rest of the LGBTQ+ things is. Dealing with it by beating people over the head and demeaning them and accusing them of being Satan's spawn is not the way. Hard as it may be, I encourage you to take a look at and listen to some of Mark Yarborough's discussions of this issue from a Christian perspective and see if there are not some things he has to say that can inform your position.
                              So apparently telling people the truth about what scripture says is wrong now, based on what worldly "Christians" say we should be saying.

I'm sorry, but God's word supersedes anything that you or anybody else says.

Just because something is "an issue for our culture" doesn't mean we should go along with it. The truth matters, even to people who don't want to hear it. And that is the problem with a lot of Christians today, they so badly want to be accepted by the culture that they will compromise the truth.

That is what you are doing, oxmixmudd. I don't care what your reasons are, I don't care what you read or think other people should read, God's word is extremely clear about gender and that is all there is. I suggest that you read God's word and see if there are some things it has to say that can inform your position.

I did NOT say that people are the spawn of Satan. You are putting words into my mouth that I did not say. And that is something you accuse people of all the time, so you had best be careful. Satan IS in control of this world, and you, like so many "Christians" haven fallen under his influence in swallowing everything the culture throws at you.

Comment