Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

AR Cop Sued for Flipping Pregnant Woman’s SUV B/C She Didn’t Pull Over Fast Enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

I've noticed that people who complain about others being too obsessed with race sure have a tendency to drag the subject of race into unrelated subjects.
    I don't think I've ever made an argument about the left being obsessed with race. My argument has always been that the left is projecting their own racism onto the right, and that their arguments about police violence against minorities and why it happens is based on lies and not factual. And that they also conveniently use racism to deflect subjects and control the argument.

That's not to say that others haven't complained about the left being obsessed with race, but I don't recall ever doing that.

Comment

Since the state drivers' license manual directs drivers to do exactly what she did, I can't imagine why the department continues to double down that she acted incorrectly. That they protect their own in the face of even official government instructions says a lot about the culture of the department.

Also, since there have been many instances of creeps impersonating police officers and putting flashers on their cars, many police departments have encouraged drivers to call the non emergency line if they have doubt about who is pulling them over. This seems like a more than reasonable practice for ordinary traffic stops, and I would like to think that most officers would be understanding of a short delay for such reasons. (edit: I see rogue posted about this as I was typing)
      The State Police are gonna lose HARD on this one.

Turns out it's not just the drivers license manual that says it. In 2017 on Facebook, the very same State Police (who are now trying to cover for this officer) posted this on their facebook:
      https://twitter.com/tracetrace__/sta...307192833?s=19
      E3idDdJVgAMH48E.jpeg
      Last edited by Gondwanaland; 06-10-2021, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Yeah she is gonna win big time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Yeah she is gonna win big time.
          Though to be fair they just say you won't be charged with fleeing, they don't specifically say you won't be rammed off the road by a psychopath cop i

Comment

This stupid cop is going to cost his department a lot of money and grief. If I was in charge, he'd be canned immediately.

There's no way he was taught to do that simply because someone was slightly speeding. They would need to be extremely reckless driving or fleeing some violent altercation somewhere. Doing a pit maneuver on a soccer mom? PuHLeeze!

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
              This stupid cop is going to cost his department a lot of money and grief. If I was in charge, he'd be canned immediately.

There's no way he was taught to do that simply because someone was slightly speeding. They would need to be extremely reckless driving or fleeing some violent altercation somewhere. Doing a pit maneuver on a soccer mom? PuHLeeze!
              Did you see the statement from the State Police Department? The cop was obviously doing what they expected him to do.

Comment

I think they are trained this way. It's the "militarization of police" problem. Maybe not specifically in how he initiated the maneuver, but they're trained to be aggressive and treat citizens like their the enemy. Check out this video...

(warning there is objectionable language)

Yeah, he's being uncooperative, but listen how they talk to this guy. Like authoritative robots. "You're fixing to ride the lightening, son"? I mean, what is that? I think the problem is that a lot of these guys are ex-vets and they think they're still in Fallujah dealing with terrorist insurgents.

Comment

Losing his job is the least that should happen to that fool. He should have all his assets confiscated and given to the victim, then he should be locked in his cruiser and pushed over a hill.
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                    Losing his job is the least that should happen to that fool. He should have all his assets confiscated and given to the victim, then he should be locked in his cruiser and pushed over a hill.
                    It's certainly a textbook case of why we need to end qualified immunity for cops.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

I think they are trained this way. It's the "militarization of police" problem. Maybe not specifically in how he initiated the maneuver, but they're trained to be aggressive and treat citizens like their the enemy. Check out this video...

Yeah, he's being uncooperative, but listen how they talk to this guy. Like authoritative robots. "You're fixing to ride the lightening, son"? I mean, what is that? I think the problem is that a lot of these guys are ex-vets and they think they're still in Fallujah dealing with terrorist insurgents.
                      I can't make a judgment on anything regarding that video. I don't know that these cops weren't chasing someone dressed as a lieutenant who just killed a cop at an earlier traffic stop. Backstory is everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Did you see the statement from the State Police Department? The cop was obviously doing what they expected him to do.
                        Can you direct me to it? I am missing it.

Comment

I can't make a judgment on anything regarding that video. I don't know that these cops weren't chasing someone dressed as a lieutenant who just killed a cop at an earlier traffic stop. Backstory is everything.
                          If the guy was a major threat they never would have approached his window like that (with only a taser and not his gun drawn), and I'm not even experienced in police affairs to know that. Once they approached the window and found out he wasn't a threat, the human thing to do was to deescalate and talk to the guy, but they just kept pushing, I guess because that's their training -- approach with heightened aggression as though they're dealing with a terrorist insurgent.
                          Last edited by seanD; 06-10-2021, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

If the guy was a major threat they never would have approached his window like that (with only a taser and not his gun drawn). Once they approached the window and found out he wasn't a threat, the human thing to do was to deescalate and talk to the guy, but they just kept pushing, I guess because that's their training -- treat everyone like a terrorist insurgent.
                            Again, I don't know the backstory. If he was simply speeding, then of course it is outrageous conduct by the cops.

Gondwanaland knows my history elsewhere, and can vouch that I have always been highly critical of police in general. But I also want to know all the details before condemning either side of an altercation.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                              I don't support the death penalty for assault.
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I don't support the death penalty for assault.
                                It's not necessarily death. If he survives, hooray for him. The odds of survival would approximate those of his victim. I'm fully in favor of a justice system that incorporates both restitution and tit-for-tat retribution, with those in positions of power being treated more severely, not less so.
                                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment