Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Bad day for NYT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad day for NYT

Nothing political. Far more amusing than anything.

Apparently yesterday the paper published an article making the bizarre claim that watermelons had been discovered on Mars. The story was up for about an hour before being taken down

f2a5ac40-c994-4aaa-b866-916295f392da.jpg
    Screen Capture for the win!

The story contained other such gems as "Authorities say rise of fruit aliens is to blame for glut of outer space watermelons"

As for the Times they are saying that the article was "published in error." That it was part of a test of their content management system. Given the author is "Joe Schmoe" this is probably what happened but given some of the paper's antics over the last few years, there is still a little room for doubt.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

I think they are trying to create a buzz because their subscriptions are down.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
      I think they are trying to create a buzz because their subscriptions are down.
      Meh. Their subscriptions have been steadily dropping for several years, and acting like fools might not be the best strategy for someone who claims they're pretty much the final word in journalism.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Apparently yesterday the paper published an article making the bizarre claim that watermelons had been discovered on Mars. The story was up for about an hour before being taken down

The story contained other such gems as "Authorities say rise of fruit aliens is to blame for glut of outer space watermelons"

As for the Times they are saying that the article was "published in error." That it was part of a test of their content management system. Given the author is "Joe Schmoe" this is probably what happened but given some of the paper's antics over the last few years, there is still a little room for doubt.
        I wonder if Facebook is fact checking it.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Meh. Their subscriptions have been steadily dropping for several years, and acting like fools might not be the best strategy for someone who claims they're pretty much the final word in journalism.
          Leftists used to think that Jon Stewart's show was "news." I think a lot of them also think Saturday Night Live offers news as well. So NYT is thinking "Hey, we'll show them we have a sense of humor too and they'll come back to us."

Just a thought, a premeditated "mistake".

Comment

No there isn't.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

watermelons.jpg

Comment