Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harris: Don't come! We will protect our border!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harris: Don't come! We will protect our border!

Kamala Harris tells Guatemala migrants: 'Do not come to US'

US Vice President Kamala Harris has urged would-be migrants in Guatemala not to try to enter the United States illegally.

Speaking on her first overseas trip since taking office, she said the journey north was dangerous and would mainly benefit people smugglers.
    Ms Harris warned people they would be turned back at the border.
    She has been tasked by President Joe Biden with controlling a surge in migration at the southern border.

Ms Harris has described her task as finding solutions to tackle the root causes of the border crisis, including corruption and the lack of economic opportunities. Her staff say this first visit is primarily an information-gathering trip.

In a news conference alongside Guatemalan President Alejandro Giammattei, she warned against illegal migration to the US, saying: "Do not come. Do not come. The United States will continue to enforce our laws and secure our borders."
    She added: "If you come to our border, you will be turned back."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57387350

My oh my, how their tune has changed in only a few months. Next thing you know Biden will have a brilliant novel idea to build a border wall.

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

US Vice President Kamala Harris has urged would-be migrants in Guatemala not to try to enter the United States illegally.

Speaking on her first overseas trip since taking office, she said the journey north was dangerous and would mainly benefit people smugglers.
    She has been tasked by President Joe Biden with controlling a surge in migration at the southern border.

Ms Harris has described her task as finding solutions to tackle the root causes of the border crisis, including corruption and the lack of economic opportunities. Her staff say this first visit is primarily an information-gathering trip.

In a news conference alongside Guatemalan President Alejandro Giammattei, she warned against illegal migration to the US, saying: "Do not come. Do not come. The United States will continue to enforce our laws and secure our borders."

My oh my, how their tune has changed in only a few months. Next thing you know Biden will have a brilliant novel idea to build a border wall.

This happened after Giammattei flat out blamed Biden's messaging for people leaving to go to the US. The message was more damage control than anything else.

And, naturally, AOC blasted her for that message.

Comment

"Do not come. Do not come. The United States will continue to enforce our laws and secure our borders. If you come to our border, you will be turned back."

That's what Willie Brown's mistress says, but what the Democrats actually do is another matter. People who enter the country illegally are given a one way bus ticket to the city of their choice where they're allowed to simply disappear, never to be heard from again unless they commit a crime.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

How long ago was Harris placed in charge of the border by old Joe? Did she ever once visit it? And now after all this time she finally issues a statement consisting of what she could have said on Day one.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          "Do not come. Do not come. The United States will continue to enforce our laws and secure our borders. If you come to our border, you will be turned back."

That's what Willie Brown's mistress says, but what the Democrats actually do is another matter. People who enter the country illegally are given a one way bus ticket to the city of their choice where they're allowed to simply disappear, never to be heard from again unless they commit a crime.
          And in many of those jurisdictions the Democrats will literally release prisoners that ICE has issued a detention order for, letting them leave the jail through a back door so if the Feds arrive they won't see them slipping out and away into the night. We even had a mayor in (what was it, Oakland?) issuing public service announcements warning illegals to not go to work because the Feds were going to be conducting a major raid.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            How long ago was Harris placed in charge of the border by old Joe? Did she ever once visit it? And now after all this time she finally issues a statement consisting of what she could have said on Day one.
            https://twitter.com/AlexThomp/status...103587846?s=19
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              She still hasn't visited the border.

Comment

I can imagine Kamala as a child being asked if she has done her homework first saying she did, and when called out on her lie responding "and I haven't cleaned my room. I don't understand the point you're making."

Aside from sounding very Hillary-ish there at the end (shades of "what difference does it make?") she understood the point well enough to try to bluff her way through by lying about it.

Comment

... That's what Willie Brown's mistress says, ...
                  There is no limit to the depths US conservative Christians will descend to.

Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                  MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Ignorant Roy View Post
                    For a liberal like you, it doesn't get much lower than speaking the truth, does it?

Former San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown addressed his past extramarital relationship with U.S. Sen. Kamala Harris in his weekly column Saturday, saying he may have boosted the presidential hopeful's career.

"Yes, we dated. It was more than 20 years ago," Brown wrote in the San Francisco Chronicle.

"Yes, I may have influenced her career by appointing her to two state commissions when I was [California] Assembly speaker. And I certainly helped with her first race for district attorney in San Francisco."

[...]

The former mayor also connected Harris with campaign donors, which helped her outraise her opponent for San Francisco district attorney, Business Insider reported. Brown's involvement in her election raised questions as to how Harris would remain impartial, given his enormous political clout.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/for...-kamala-harris

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                      Which is worse...

A prominent politician (the current VP!) who got her start by umm, "servicing" a powerful figure sexually

or

Someone pointing out that prominent politician got her start by umm, "servicing" a powerful figure sexually.

We can see which you believe is worse but I suspect that most would strongly disagree.

Comment

Typical Leftist rhetoric. With them, it's all about words and no action.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Typical Leftist rhetoric. With them, it's all about words and no action.
                          Don't you first have to enforce our laws and secure our borders in order to continue doing so? Old Joe pretty much opened the borders and threw down a welcome mat almost immediately after he wandered into the White House.

If I lived down there I'd see Harris' remarks as given with a wink and a nod.

Comment

lb210609c20210609111841.jpg

Comment

Yeah that's my take. complete mixed message. I guess she figures that way they can swing either way, depending on which of their constituents they are talking to. Yes! We are [pick one] (helping downtrodden people get into the country) / (helping to keep our borders secure and upholding our laws and stopping illegal immigration)

Comment