Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harris: Don't come! We will protect our border!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    197380586_1314780835586330_5710644659145905197_n.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
      There is no limit to the depths US conservative Christians will descend to.
      At least conservative US Christians generally don't celebrate the murder of unborn children by the millions.

Which is worse? Commenting on the sexual exploits of the VP or killing millions of babies inside the womb?

Oh, and don't forget the glee of the left and the Godless over Trump's past peccadillos. That was certainly fair game, wasn't it? Goose and gander, perhaps?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

At least conservative US Christians generally don't celebrate the murder of unborn children by the millions.

Which is worse? Commenting on the sexual exploits of the VP or killing millions of babies inside the womb?

Oh, and don't forget the glee of the left and the Godless over Trump's past peccadillos. That was certainly fair game, wasn't it? Goose and gander, perhaps?

Just to make clear, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo ordered that bridges and government buildings be lit up with pink lights to, in his words, "celebrate" legalizing the aborting of a baby up to the moment of birth.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Just to make clear, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo ordered that bridges and government buildings be lit up with pink lights to, in his words, "celebrate" legalizing the aborting of a baby up to the moment of birth.
          Yes. I was thinking of that little display when I posted.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

There is no limit to the depths US conservative Christians will descend to.
            For a liberal like you, it doesn't get much lower than speaking the truth, does it?
            It's not the truth. Your own source says that their relationship was 20 years ago.

Even if it was the truth, it's not relevant to the issue of Guatemalan immigrants.

It was a completely unnecessary lie intended only to smear a disliked politician. Despicable.
            Last edited by Roy; 07-15-2021, 09:42 AM.
            Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
            MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

I've never celebrated the murder of unborn children, and you have absolutely no reason to think I ever have other than your own bigotry.

Which is worse? Commenting (unnecessarily) on the sexual exploits of the VP, or falsely accusing some-one of celebrating mass abortion?

You've joined MM in the gutter.

Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Ignorant Roy View Post
                Your own source says that their relationship was 20 years ago.
                And? Let's circle back to my original post and see if you have anything worthwhile to say in response:

"Do not come. Do not come. The United States will continue to enforce our laws and secure our borders. If you come to our border, you will be turned back."

That's what Willie Brown's mistress says, but what the Democrats actually do is another matter. People who enter the country illegally are given a one way bus ticket to the city of their choice where they're allowed to simply disappear, never to be heard from again unless they commit a crime.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And? Let's circle back to my original post and see if you have anything worthwhile to say in response:
                  There was nothing worthwhile to respond to.

Comment

I've never celebrated the murder of unborn children, and you have absolutely no reason to think I ever have other than your own bigotry.

Which is worse? Commenting (unnecessarily) on the sexual exploits of the VP, or falsely accusing some-one of celebrating mass abortion?

Roy, she didn't say you celebrate them. Her reference to "US Christians" should have clued you in that she's talking about a situation that is far from uncommon here in the U.S. -- which unless you recently moved, you are not even close to.

Look at my example of Andrew Cuomo ordering bridges and buildings lit up in order to "celebrate" (that's the word he used) allowing babies to be aborted right up to the moment of birth in NY.

image_35255.jpg
                    Please note the word he used

A few years ago there was a piece in the Huffington Post urging women to celebrate Mother's Day with abortion. Talk about the world turned upside down. Since then others have celebrated Valentine's Day with abortion such as TeenVogue.com which posted a "What to Get a Friend Post-Abortion" guide including this (crass and crude warning to those who click on it). And the Vegan website VegWeb.com was promoting a "Valentines Day Sale" for abortion pills.

Likewise, Michelle Wolf, the host of Netflix's The Break with Michelle Wolf devoted a portion of her 4th of July episode two years ago to celebrating abortions (calling it a "Salute to Abortion") shouting "God bless abortions and God bless America." She talked at length about how women have the unique ability to create life and then cheered on the idea that they should terminate those lives.

When I brought some of this up before Adrift noted "Lena Dunham's podcast last year [2016] when she claimed that she wished she could have an abortion as a stand of solidarity for women's rights."

And the entire #ShoutYourAbortion movement is little more than an effort to celebrate abortions

Meanwhile, Planned Parenthood informs us what shouldn't be celebrated about abortion is that the number of abortions is dropping! "Let me be clear: celebrating the drop in abortion rates stigmatizes abortion for everyone, but especially for those who have had one." (bolding in original).

PP is only happy when abortion rates increase as you can see from how they hand out awards to the facilities that increase the number of abortions they perform.

Source: Planned Parenthood Gives Clinic Award for 'Exceeding Abortion Visits' of Previous Year

Proving once and for all that Planned Parenthood's business is abortion, Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains gave its Aurora abortion clinic an award certificate for "exceeding abortion visits [in the] first half of FY12 compared to the first half of FY13."

Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains is the 2nd largest Planned Parenthood facility in the U.S.

The picture of the award was snapped by a former worker who saw it posted on a bulletin board in Denver. The board displays awards satellite clinics have earned.

The award challenged the Planned Parenthood worker's thinking, since it showed that clinics were given abortion "quotas" to meet, and that this particular clinic had "exceeded" expectations and received an award for doing so.

From a blog post by Abby Johnson, former Planned Parenthood director turned pro-life advocate:

Ever since I left Planned Parenthood, I have been talking about the abortion quotas that are established inside abortion facilities. Many abortion supporters refused to believe it, citing that surely Planned Parenthood wants abortion to be safe, legal and RARE. If they want something to be RARE, they certainly wouldn't have quotas, right?

Planned Parenthood had a net revenue of $1.21 billion last year, and received $540.6 million in U.S. taxpayer funding.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Originally posted by Ignorant Roy View Post
                      There was nothing worthwhile to respond to.
                      So you've got nothin'. Fair enough.

Comment

I never said you did, Roy. I was not attacking you.

And thanks for the compliment. I’d rather be in the gutter with MM than on the pink-lit bridge celebrating abortion.

Comment

And thanks for the compliment. I’d rather be in the gutter with MM than on the pink-lit bridge celebrating abortion.
                          This reminds me of a lyric from the Steve Taylor song "Bad Rap":

Can't understand those Christians so you tap us all in stereo
                          "They're hypocrites! They're such a bore."
                          Well come on in, there's room for one more

Comment