Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Is ‘financial abortion’ an idea whose time has come?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Ah, I haven't read that far, my bad. When she starts it I'll take both my posts over there.
    I wouldn't hold your breath. This seemed like a deliberate provocation for derail. Her response after being asked to make her own thread on "men can't be raped if they have an erection" was this:

I would suspect that male rape victims have to first be identified as having been raped - a point to which my comments had relevance.

As for male anatomy and sexual behaviour - that is not my area of expertise.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Can a woman actually "rape" a man? A sixteen year old having sex with a twelve year old is illegal in our societies but was the twelve year old boy forced against his consent? He presumably had an erection - otherwise I am thinking the mechanics would have been quite awkward and entailed a lot of fumbling. He presumably also released some sperm, either as drips or a full ejaculation, otherwise she could not have become pregant.

He was certainly seduced by a slightly older girl but I am not sure if one could call it rape. The term statutory rape is a legal definition but I also understand that different US states have local laws pertaining to this offence.

However, the payment of child maintenance for young men in that situation is obviously very difficult.

Even under your own suggestions, as a minor aged twelve, he could not have exercised his prerogative to refuse any financial commitment given that he was not of legal age to engage in sexual intercourse.
      I started an entire thread for you to go down this path.

Comment

Originally posted by civildiscourse View Post

last i checked, abortion was legal.

Lets go ahead and start that discussion about the man's responsibility, shall we?

kccd?

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

kccd?
          Looks like pro-abortion women really don't want to have this discussion.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Looks like pro-abortion women really don't want to have this discussion.
            I'm not surprised, most often the responses are either deferment until abortion is perfect, or arguments, that if used against abortion, would be deemed sexist and controlling.

Comment