Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ami Horowitz at Portland State University

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ami Horowitz at Portland State University

    That's what
    - She

    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    Stephen R. Donaldson

  • #2
    Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    American college campuses are hotbeds for Anti-Semitism

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

      American college campuses are hotbeds for Anti-Semitism
      That goes way beyond antisemitism though. Congratulating them for choosing schools and clubs as targets....
      That's what
      - She

      Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

      I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      Stephen R. Donaldson

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

        That goes way beyond antisemitism though. Congratulating them for choosing schools and clubs as targets....
        And he makes it clear that the donations will support terrorist attacks.

        I'm always still in trouble again

        "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

        Comment


        • #5
          I've never liked these types of videos.

          The first is that they obviously are choosing the people that end up best supporting the thesis, and ignore the people that don't.

          It also tends to ignore that many people will be agreeable, even in the face of dumb stuff. Magicians even have a term called "instant stooging" where they can bring someone up on stage and they will immediately help them perform the trick.

          All in all, I tend to look at these videos regardless of what they are peddling with an eye of skepticism.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
            I've never liked these types of videos.

            The first is that they obviously are choosing the people that end up best supporting the thesis, and ignore the people that don't.

            It also tends to ignore that many people will be agreeable, even in the face of dumb stuff. Magicians even have a term called "instant stooging" where they can bring someone up on stage and they will immediately help them perform the trick.

            All in all, I tend to look at these videos regardless of what they are peddling with an eye of skepticism.
            No doubt they are selectively edited but they still serve to expose a real problem on our campuses.

            I'm always still in trouble again

            "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              No doubt they are selectively edited but they still serve to expose a real problem on our campuses.
              As I said, they also don't take into account people's agreeableness when talking.

              This would've been a bit more convincing if it was simply a "Hamas" table where the students took the initiative to talk as opposed to dealing with someone approaching him.

              These types of videos are honestly very weak. Regardless of which side is producing them.

              Comment

              Related Threads

              Collapse

              Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by CivilDiscourse, Yesterday, 06:43 AM
              9 responses
              69 views
              1 like
              Last Post CivilDiscourse  
              Started by CivilDiscourse, Yesterday, 06:27 AM
              14 responses
              55 views
              0 likes
              Last Post CivilDiscourse  
              Started by seer, 06-17-2021, 11:25 AM
              7 responses
              70 views
              0 likes
              Last Post oxmixmudd  
              Started by oxmixmudd, 06-17-2021, 11:16 AM
              54 responses
              322 views
              1 like
              Last Post eider
              by eider
               
              Started by seanD, 06-16-2021, 11:57 PM
              31 responses
              188 views
              0 likes
              Last Post Gondwanaland  
              Working...
              X