Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"It’s dehumanizing"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Under German law, 11yo is below the age of consent of 14. So, legally, even in your own country, an 11yo cannot give consent, and would have been considered raped.
    I did not suggest it was legal. In fact I made that point in an early reply. However, sexual fantasies do not abide by what is legal and young people have sexual fantasies before they are legally old enough to have sex.

Come on CD don't try and tell me you never had fantasies about an older girl, or a particular movie star, or singer when you were still legally under the age of sexual consent.
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Here was an interesting video I found a while back on the topic:
      Yep. And there it is....all such a joke.
      Sexual assault and rape are dreadfully serious offences but our countries still haven't fixed the bigotry and one sidedness of these offences.

Young man gets sexually assaulted on a bus. Meh......

Young woman gets sexually assaulted on a bus.
      Shock horror! How can this happen?

Such mindsets are slowly changing, as are our laws about male rape etc, but it's going to take a couple more generations, maybe.

Comment

Under German law, 11yo is below the age of consent of 14. So, legally, even in your own country, an 11yo cannot give consent, and would have been considered raped.
        True.
        Over here, if a 16 yr girl seduces or forces a 12 the boy she commits a serious sexual offence.
        If she's 18 yrs then she would get prison time, probably.

We chuck teachers in prison who sexually touch any student of 18 or under, it doesn't matter the sex of victim or teacher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

I did not suggest it was legal. In fact I made that point in an early reply. However, sexual fantasies do not abide by what is legal and young people have sexual fantasies before they are legally old enough to have sex.

Come on CD don't try and tell me you never had fantasies about an older girl, or a particular movie star, or singer when you were still legally under the age of sexual consent.
          But, you questioned whether he was raped. The answer was unequivocally, yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by eider View Post

Sexual assault and rape are dreadfully serious offences but our countries still haven't fixed the bigotry and one sidedness of these offences.

Such mindsets are slowly changing, as are our laws about male rape etc, but it's going to take a couple more generations, maybe.
            It doesn't help when you have rape apologists like Hypatia around either.

Comment

It doesn't help when you have rape apologists like Hypatia around either.
              Why do you feel the need to flagrantly lie about what I have written? Does it give you some kind of kick?

That combined with your disturbing attempts to start threads about me [or directed towards me] and your repeated gossiping to others about me, makes me begin to wonder if I have an internet stalker.
              "It ain't necessarily so
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

That video is a very long way from the initial scenario referenced by CivilDiscourse where a twelve year old boy was seduced [no other word for it] by his sixteen year old female baby sitter who then became pregnant [no idea how often they had sex for that to occur - it could have just been the one time]. You can read the article here. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...-child-support.

The young boy later contended he should not pay child support because he had been too young at the time to give his consent to sex and was taken advantage of by the older girl.

"It ain't necessarily so
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Why do you feel the need to flagrantly lie about what I have written? Does it give you some kind of kick?

That combined with your disturbing attempts to start threads about me [or directed towards me] and your repeated gossiping to others about me, makes me begin to wonder if I have an internet stalker.
                  That's not a lie, it's an observation. You were given an example of a raped child, and you questioned whether it was even possible to rape a guy. That is the action of a rape-apologist. I'm sorry your actions have outed you, but that's your problem.

Here's what you've written on the subject:
                  Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Can a woman actually "rape" a man?
                  Not necessarily. He may have not wanted to engage initially but surely biology kicked in. He must have been able to penetrate and release at least some sperm if only a dribble.

I would suspect that male rape victims have to first be identified as having been raped - a point to which my comments had relevance.

Again, we were talking about an 11 year old child being raped, and these were your comments.

YOU ARE A RAPE-APOLOGIST.

Comment

That's not a lie, it's an observation. You were given an example of a raped child, and you questioned whether it was even possible to rape a guy. That is the action of a rape-apologist. I'm sorry your actions have outed you, but that's your problem.

Here's what you've written on the subject:

Again, we were talking about an 11 year old child being raped, and these were your comments.

YOU ARE A RAPE-APOLOGIST.
                    I've flagged this to a moderator your fixation is becoming very disturbing. Please leave this thread.

"It ain't necessarily so
                    To read in the Bible
                    It ain't necessarily so
                    ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Moderated By: Bill the Cat

Civil Discourse, the thread starter has requested you to leave the thread. Please refrain from posting here further. Thanks

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                      Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

That video is a very long way from the initial scenario referenced by CivilDiscourse where a twelve year old boy was seduced [no other word for it] by his sixteen year old female baby sitter who then became pregnant [no idea how often they had sex for that to occur - it could have just been the one time]. You can read the article here. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...-child-support.

The young boy later contended he should not pay child support because he had been too young at the time to give his consent to sex and was taken advantage of by the older girl.
                        She committed a sexual offence, at least in the UK she did.
                        She was carrying out responsible duties of care, professionally and took advantage of the child she was supposed to be protecting.

A person in a position of responsibility seducing a child/pupil goes on our sexual offender list and will probably get prison or tag time.

The civil case for child support is for judges to worry about, I reckon.

Comment

She committed a sexual offence, at least in the UK she did.
                          She was carrying out responsible duties of care, professionally and took advantage of the child she was supposed to be protecting.

A person in a position of responsibility seducing a child/pupil goes on our sexual offender list and will probably get prison or tag time.

The civil case for child support is for judges to worry about, I reckon.
                          Oh I do not deny for one moment that this young girl committed an offence but who knows what her feelings were? Maybe she was sweet on the boy. Some twelve year olds can look older than their years. The point I was making was about rape. He was coerced/seduced but I do not know if we can use the word rape in that situation. The one you described most definitely yes. But a young boy at home with a young girl [albeit one some years older]. I just don't know. We also have no idea of what took place nor how often they had sex. Was it just the one time?

The issue that I think was being considered was should young men who have been assaulted in that manner [and it was assault] be expected to pay towards the child that may result from such incidents. And that is another matter entirely.
                          "It ain't necessarily so
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Oh I do not deny for one moment that this young girl committed an offence but who knows what her feelings were? Maybe she was sweet on the boy. Some twelve year olds can look older than their years. The point I was making was about rape. He was coerced/seduced but I do not know if we can use the word rape in that situation.
                            Where I live that is a form of rape.

The one you described most definitely yes. But a young boy at home with a young girl [albeit one some years older]. I just don't know. We also have no idea of what took place nor how often they had sex. Was it just the one time?
                            Try turning the whole scenario around.
                            A 16yr old boy is baby sitting a 12yr old girl.
                            He seduces her. They have sex.
                            Take it from there.
                            If your feelings are in any way different then there is no gender balance .

The issue that I think was being considered was should young men who have been assaulted in that manner [and it was assault] be expected to pay towards the child that may result from such incidents. And that is another matter entirely.
                            He was less than a youth, he was a junior. He died not work.
                            His parents thought he was safe... He was not.
                            Civil judgements will differ by country, but I don't think a UK court would find against the child, nor his parents.

Comment

Where I live that is a form of rape.
                              Fair enough.

Originally posted by eider View Post
                              Try turning the whole scenario around.
                              A 16yr old boy is baby sitting a 12yr old girl.
                              He seduces her. They have sex.
                              Take it from there.
                              If your feelings are in any way different then there is no gender balance .
                              The only difference is anatomical. A woman can be penetrated non consensually [as of course can a man anally].

However, can a male be forced to penetrate? I honestly do not know and have no experience of these matters.

The scenario you recounted was horrendous.

"It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Fair enough.

The only difference is anatomical. A woman can be penetrated non consensually [as of course can a man anally].

However, can a male be forced to penetrate? I honestly do not know and have no experience of these matters.

The scenario you recounted was horrendous.
                                I suppose you need to look carefully at whether you want to excuse a man accused of rape if there is any element of arousal involved with the woman. If not, then the reciprocal also applies. The simple truth is the male sex drive is something you put walls around to control, not something that is easily stopped once begun, So pretty much all that is needed to get a young man to have sex with a woman against their (non aroused) will is to get them sufficiently aroused. The male sex drive will take care of the rest. Jacob ran from Potiphar's wife because had he hung around, she'd have gotten what she wanted - against his will.
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment