Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Filibuster and Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

Sorry about the busted link.

How the Texas voting bill would have created hurdles for voters of color

Comments are closed now, but if you'd like to email the author, it's amy.gardner@washpost.com. If you'd prefer to interact with my thoughts, feel free to read them.
    So here's what's really odd....

Our faith-based help center, in which I am intimately involved, has basically two streams of help.

When we provide food or goods to people from "our own" stream - private donations, corporate donations, goods and services - we have a sit down with the applicant and discuss their needs, and help where we can.

We also have a major component where we provide, as an agent of the government, goods and services from FEMA or Texas Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program (CEAP), or SMART, or CHIP or any other government agencies - we are required to obtain a photostatic copy of their drivers license and or social security card --- every single time.

When WE provide the help, no. When we provide the help as an agent of the government - every stinkin' time, no matter how well we know the recipient.

There have only been a few times we've had people who couldn't offer some type of acceptable ID, but we have a squad of people (headed by yours truly) who will work with DPS and Social Security and the County Courthouse, and we help them obtain - within DAYS, not weeks - the required documentation at no cost to them.

This "hurdles" crap is... well.. crap.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So the number of COVID cases amongst the dems that skedaddled is up to 6 now. Did they not take their shots?

Comment

Republicans pass law stating you are not allowed to go to the polls naked. Democrats cry that nudist votes are being suppressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          So the number of COVID cases amongst the dems that skedaddled is up to 6 now. Did they not take their shots?
          You don't need to imagine how the MSM would be all over this as a potential super-spreader event if they had been Republicans

01FAN1DA3JQMPZ68CK6JP027VW.jpeg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
            Republicans pass law stating you are not allowed to go to the polls naked. Democrats cry that nudist votes are being suppressed.
            And publish tons of articles about how it adversely effects poor and minority nudists in particular.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              And publish tons of articles about how it adversely effects poor and minority nudists in particular.
              Because they're too stupid to know how to put on clothes.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Because they're too stupid to know how to put on clothes.
                [*looks down at my present state of (un)dress*]

I'm gonna go take a shower and get dressed.

Comment

[*looks down at my present state of (un)dress*]

I'm gonna go take a shower and get dressed.
                  But at least you know how.

Comment

But at least you know how.
                    Um... About that.

360_F_135930975_URtjvt8p0hVmT776A12FIl2z1cOTPi6j.jpg

At least I figured out that the underwear doesn't go over the head

Comment

Um... About that.

360_F_135930975_URtjvt8p0hVmT776A12FIl2z1cOTPi6j.jpg

At least I figured out that the underwear doesn't go over the head
                      So? It's Backwards Wednesday! You're in style!!!

Comment

So? It's Backwards Wednesday! You're in style!!!
                        Yeahhhh. That's it. I MEANT to do that.

Comment

Yeahhhh. That's it. I MEANT to do that.
                          I got your back, bro.

(But I think I just stuck myself with your tie clip)

Comment

Nudecists!

Comment

Ms. Mace obliterating the phony leftist election racism narrative in 5 minutes...

Facts are just so racist.

Comment

The latest is that they got a judge to restrict the state legislature from compelling a quorum. So, now they can return home, collect their money, not show up for work, block legislation, while calling for a workaround to the filibuster in the us senate so it doesn't block legislation...

Comment