Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Stupid Customs and Traditions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Customs and Traditions.

I have noticed that the forum is a little quiet and thought that it would be okay to post a link to something I came across whilst reading the Daily Mail.

I used to quite like the Prime Minister of Australia until I saw this picture of him and Jacinda Ardern rubbing noses. Really! In this neurotic Covid world of mask wearing and social distancing and sanitising. Even without Covid who wants to get so up close and personal by rubbing noses with people in greetings other than close family and friends.., and even then.. This is a stupid custom and tradition. In my opinion of course.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tradition.html

I think people are just stupid, generally.

As a traditional Maori greeting it may simply be virtue signalling.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      I think people are just stupid, generally.

As a traditional Maori greeting it may simply be virtue signalling.
      Yes twice as stupid then. Grr getting so grumpy in my old age and all I want is to be a nice sweet little old godly lady he he.

Comment

It's the traditional Maori greeting (called 'hongi'), which is probably why PM Ardern is doing it.

Presumably you wouldn't like to 'faire la bise' in France (Kiss new acquaintances and friends on both cheeks when you meet them)...
        ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
          It's the traditional Maori greeting (called 'hongi'), which is probably why PM Ardern is doing it.

Presumably you wouldn't like to 'faire la bise' in France (Kiss new acquaintances and friends on both cheeks when you meet them)...
          Same in many Arab countries where kissing someone on both cheeks is accompanied with a hug.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment