Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Rising Crime? Cut Police...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rising Crime? Cut Police...

They really are insane...

St. Louis' murder rate, already highest in US, soared last year; mayor vows to defund the police

Mayor Tishaura Jones' budget proposal would close a city jail, divert $4M from police to social programs and cut nearly 100 police jobs

In St. Louis, Mo., the worst-in-country murder rate is at a 50-year high, the police department has nearly 100 unfilled jobs, and the mayor wants to defund the department and shut down a city jail.

St. Louis' Tishaura Jones, who became the city’s first Black female mayor last month, had campaigned on a promise to enact progressive criminal justice reforms.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/st-louis-...tishaura-jones
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Obliviously it's all nothing more than just a co-inky-dink.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      They really are insane...
      The irony is that my peaceful little suburb is overloaded with police. They're everywhere and have nothing to do but park behind billboards and pass out tickets to soccer moms.

Not much crime? Keep adding police officers.
      Lots of crime? Reduce your police officers.

Makes sense in the Bizarro world.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

The irony is that my peaceful little suburb is overloaded with police. They're everywhere and have nothing to do but park behind billboards and pass out tickets to soccer moms.

Not much crime? Keep adding police officers.
        Lots of crime? Reduce your police officers.

Makes sense in the Bizarro world.
        My little community is pretty heavily policed relative to its size, and crime is statistically zero even though we're in the middle of a large city. There was an incident a couple years ago where some drunk guy broke into someone's house and fell asleep on the couch. The way the department promoted his arrest on Facebook, you'd think they had solved the crime of the century. Granted, it was more excitement than they had seen in years. Having nothing to do but watch for speeders must get pretty monotonous.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

My little community is pretty heavily policed relative to its size, and crime is statistically zero even though we're in the middle of a large city. There was an incident a couple years ago where some drunk guy broke into someone's house and fell asleep on the couch. The way they promoted his arrest on Facebook, you'd think they had solved the crime of the century. Granted, it was more excitement than they had seen in years. Having nothing to do but watch for speeders must get pretty monotonous.
          My gripe is the equation they work under. I know they keep adding officers because the population is growing, but the population growth are with a lot of NEW single-family dwellings and professionals coming in. They aren't gangsters shooting each other.

Comment

Minneapolis mayor admits that calls to 'defund the police' led to a spike in crime

https://www.theblaze.com/news/minnea...ce-crime-spike
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I wonder if anyone has done a comparison between cities that actively promoted and supported the Defund the Police movement and those that didn't wrt what has happened to crime rates there.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment