Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Wicked, Freedom Hating Judge Rules Against Christian College...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wicked, Freedom Hating Judge Rules Against Christian College...

Judge rules against Christian college in lawsuit claiming Biden rule would 'place males in girls' dorms'

A federal judge has ruled against a Christian college in Missouri arguing that a Biden administration rule would require the school to open women's dorm rooms and showers to biological males.

The College of the Ozarks sued the administration in April, arguing that a federal directive "requires private religious colleges to place biological males into female dormitories and to assign them as females’ roommates," which goes against the school's rules prohibiting male students from female dorms and vise-versa.

If you have a male who identifies as female, that student must be allowed to access female dormitories and bathrooms, Bangert explained.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/christian...les-biden-rule
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Judge rules against Christian college in lawsuit claiming Biden rule would 'place males in girls' dorms'

A federal judge has ruled against a Christian college in Missouri arguing that a Biden administration rule would require the school to open women's dorm rooms and showers to biological males.

The College of the Ozarks sued the administration in April, arguing that a federal directive "requires private religious colleges to place biological males into female dormitories and to assign them as females’ roommates," which goes against the school's rules prohibiting male students from female dorms and vise-versa.

If you have a male who identifies as female, that student must be allowed to access female dormitories and bathrooms, Bangert explained.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/christian...les-biden-rule
    Gotta have courts decide on it in order for it to get to SCOTUS

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Gotta have courts decide on it in order for it to get to SCOTUS
      But why would any judge find against the college unless he was an evil anti-constitutionalist...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

But why would any judge find against the college unless he was an evil anti-constitutionalist...
        Because the constitution is a "living breathing document" and hence be construed it whatever manner necessary to support what we want at any given moment.

Sheesh. I'm surprised that I had to spell that out. Didn't you go to skewl or nuthin?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

What jurisdiction does the government have over a private institution?
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            What jurisdiction does the government have over a private institution?
            From what I understand, none at all. That isn't the issue. The president of the United States has the authority to issue an executive order holding back federal funding to any organization, even Christian churches and schools, that segregate perverts from normal people. I believe the term is "extortion".

The problem as I see it is that if Christian organizations accept and become addicted to federal money, they have no choice but to either compromise their standards or pay the price. The Biblical term for that is "fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness".
            When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Because the constitution is a "living breathing document" and hence be construed it whatever manner necessary to support what we want at any given moment.

Sheesh. I'm surprised that I had to spell that out. Didn't you go to skewl or nuthin?
              I failed leftism 101...

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post

From what I understand, none at all. That isn't the issue. The president of the United States has the authority to issue an executive order holding back federal funding to any organization, even Christian churches and schools, that segregate perverts from normal people. I believe the term is "extortion".

The problem as I see it is that if Christian organizations accept and become addicted to federal money, they have no choice but to either compromise their standards or pay the price. The Biblical term for that is "fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness".
                But this isn't about holding back federal funds.

Comment

I could be confusing things. Under Betsy DeVos there was a big push for government funding of private schools, charter schools and school choice. Biden plans on voiding many of her decisions.
                  When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                    I could be confusing things. Under Betsy DeVos there was a big push for government funding of private schools, charter schools and school choice. Biden plans on voiding many of her decisions.
                    Send those kids back to the schools -- which aren't open because the teacher's union has decided they prefer to stay at home and get paid.

Comment