Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ronald Green and more killer cops.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronald Green and more killer cops.

If this is allowed to continue, there will come a time when they don’t bother to cover things up.

Is this story in the Christo-Conservative news?
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

It appears there's not a lot of information about this case in the news. The few mentions I can find are from disreputable sources like CNN and the New York Times which don't go into a lot of detail and give a slanted perspective. It seems there are no definitive answers at the moment -- the family claims brutality; the police say that the suspect was injured when he crashed his car during a high speed chase -- and so the investigation continues.

As usual, it's best not to jump to conclusions here.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

A link would be helpful instead of some vague comment.

Comment

Here is a local TV news report including police body cam vids and some pretty graphic pictures (viewers forewarned)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          A link would be helpful instead of some vague comment.
          T’was deliberately vague to see if you guys get to hear about this sort of thing. I suspect not.

Rachel knows.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

T’was deliberately vague to see if you guys get to hear about this sort of thing. I suspect not.

Rachel knows.
            Does Ross or Monica?

Comment

Rachel knows.
              Isn't she still busy telling everyone not to believe what she says?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                Rachel knows.
                sei_33137025-926c-e1540297492156.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Isn't she still busy telling everyone not to believe what she says?
                  I don’t think so.

At first, police told Ronald Greene’s loved ones that he died in a car accident — plowing into a tree late one night in 2019 after driving past a traffic stop, according to a lawsuit filed by the man’s family.

Video told a different story, and a familiar one to critics of a state police department plagued by allegations of excessive force against drivers of color.

Body-camera footage published by the Associated Press — withheld for two years by authorities — captures Greene wailing and saying, “I’m sorry!” as Louisiana state troopers violently arrest him, deploying what the AP identifies as a stun gun after the Black man appears to raise his hands inside his car.

Troopers later punch Greene in the face, drag him briefly by his shackled ankles and leave him to moan alone while handcuffed for more than nine minutes, according to the AP.

Comment

I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                      I don’t think so.
                      Here's the thing: you will not find a single person here who will defend police brutality, but you will also not find the more conservative among us quick to condemn the police in the absence of facts.

If Ron Green was killed as a direct result of unwarranted police conduct, then those officers should to be held accountable, but these cases are rarely cut and dry.

Comment

The medical examiner thought there was something fishy about the cop’s story when he found taser hooks in Greene’s body.

Comment

The medical examiner thought there was something fishy about the cop’s story when he found taser hooks in Greene’s body.
                          From what I can tell by what little I read and saw, Greene was not just some innocent victim in all this. He was driving at reckless speeds of over 115MPH through populated areas. He didn't seem to have any regard for anyone else's well being or lives during his wild ride. That doesn't excuse any abuse by the police or the coverup, but it does show that this wasn't just some evil cops out to kill a black man. To me it looks like they got out of control trying to arrest the guy and then tried to cover it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Here's the thing: you will not find a single person here who will defend police brutality, but you will also not find the more conservative among us quick to condemn the police in the absence of facts.

If Ron Green was killed as a direct result of unwarranted police conduct, then those officers should to be held accountable, but these cases are rarely cut and dry.
                            You get the Police force you deserve. Part of the reason that the Police are thugs, or allow thugs in their ranks, is because you turn a blind eye, thus giving them permission to behave badly. And the reason you are so careless has to do with you not being the victim of Police brutality. You don’t care that the blacks suffer.

Comment

You get the Police force you deserve. Part of the reason that the Police are thugs, or allow thugs in their ranks, is because you turn a blind eye, thus giving them permission to behave badly. And the reason you are so careless has to do with you not being the victim of Police brutality. You don’t care that the blacks suffer.
                              That's quite a straw man you are building there!

Comment