Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Violent Palestine/Isreal protests in NYC

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Violent Palestine/Isreal protests in NYC

    Source: https://www.foxnews.com/us/protests-break-out-across-u-s-as-violence-escalates-between-israel-and-hamas

    Protesters supporting Israel and Palestine came out to demonstrate in New York, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C. and other U.S. cities on Tuesday as the violence escalated between the two sides overseas.

    Groups on each side clashed in New York City in front of the Israeli consulate where police officers struggled to keep aggressive demonstrators from attacking each other. Physical fights broke out among some of the activists, videos on social media show.

    © Copyright Original Source



    The question, and the topic of the thread is this:

    This is another example of a political protest in the US becoming violent. Can anyone think of what actions over, say, the last 4 years, could have made people think that violent political protests are OK?

  • #2
    Yep, By allowing the nationwide violent protests to go unchecked and even approved by the Democratic party, it has become normalized.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
      Source: https://www.foxnews.com/us/protests-break-out-across-u-s-as-violence-escalates-between-israel-and-hamas

      Protesters supporting Israel and Palestine came out to demonstrate in New York, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C. and other U.S. cities on Tuesday as the violence escalated between the two sides overseas.

      Groups on each side clashed in New York City in front of the Israeli consulate where police officers struggled to keep aggressive demonstrators from attacking each other. Physical fights broke out among some of the activists, videos on social media show.

      © Copyright Original Source



      The question, and the topic of the thread is this:

      This is another example of a political protest in the US becoming violent. Can anyone think of what actions over, say, the last 4 years, could have made people think that violent political protests are OK?
      Here's a video from a local CBS affiliate describing "thousands" of pro-Palestine protesters and a "hand full" of pro-Israeli protesters.



      Apparently this was before it got violent since all that is mentioned is the pro-Palestinian group waving flags at the pro-Israel group.


      Honestly, I wonder how many folks simply joined in seeing it as another opportunity to be violent since they know unless it is a pro-Trump rally, the police will take minimal action.

      I'm always still in trouble again

      "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Yep, By allowing the nationwide violent protests to go unchecked and even approved by the Democratic party, it has become normalized.
        From my reading most protests in the US have not been violent. There have been clashes understandably as emotions on both sides are high.
        "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" Attrib. Seneca 4 BCE - 65 CE

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

          From my reading most protests in the US have not been violent. There have been clashes understandably as emotions on both sides are high.
          The line "mostly peaceful protests" repeatedly spouted by the MSM is pretty much regarded as a joke including among a significant portion of liberals.

          And the clashes have almost all been one-sided.

          But this is a thread about the protest involving supporters of Palestine and Israel, so let's stick to that.

          I'm always still in trouble again

          "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            The line "mostly peaceful protests" repeatedly spouted by the MSM is pretty much regarded as a joke including among a significant portion of liberals.
            What cities have been burned?

            Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            And the clashes have almost all been one-sided.
            Citations?

            "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" Attrib. Seneca 4 BCE - 65 CE

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
              Citations?
              citation1.jpgcitation2.jpg
              "Neighbor, how long has it been since youíve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?Ē

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                What cities have been burned?

                Citations?
                You must enjoy playing the role of fool. Or is it playing?

                I'm always still in trouble again

                "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                  What cities have been burned?

                  Citations?
                  If you want to discuss the protests in the USA, take it to one of the many threads dedicated to that. Here is just one: https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...turned-violent

                  Don't derail this one.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    You must enjoy playing the role of fool. Or is it playing?
                    No I leave that role to you, you are master of it.
                    "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" Attrib. Seneca 4 BCE - 65 CE

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Sparko View Post

                      If you want to discuss the protests in the USA, take it to one of the many threads dedicated to that. Here is just one: https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...turned-violent

                      Don't derail this one.
                      From the OP

                      "The question, and the topic of the thread is this:

                      This is another example of a political protest in the US becoming violent. Can anyone think of what actions over, say, the last 4 years, could have made people think that violent political protests are OK?"


                      Are all these demonstrations violent?
                      "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" Attrib. Seneca 4 BCE - 65 CE

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                        From the OP

                        "The question, and the topic of the thread is this:

                        This is another example of a political protest in the US becoming violent. Can anyone think of what actions over, say, the last 4 years, could have made people think that violent political protests are OK?"


                        Are all these demonstrations violent?
                        What point are you trying to make by asking if "All" the demonstrations were violent?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

                          No I leave that role to you, you are master of it.
                          If I'm a fool then you are most definitely a joke.

                          I'm always still in trouble again

                          "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                            From the OP

                            "The question, and the topic of the thread is this:

                            This is another example of a political protest in the US becoming violent. Can anyone think of what actions over, say, the last 4 years, could have made people think that violent political protests are OK?"


                            Are all these demonstrations violent?
                            OK, carry on then.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              landscape-1463241713-citation.jpg

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by CivilDiscourse, Yesterday, 06:43 AM
                              9 responses
                              69 views
                              1 like
                              Last Post CivilDiscourse  
                              Started by CivilDiscourse, Yesterday, 06:27 AM
                              14 responses
                              55 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post CivilDiscourse  
                              Started by seer, 06-17-2021, 11:25 AM
                              7 responses
                              70 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post oxmixmudd  
                              Started by oxmixmudd, 06-17-2021, 11:16 AM
                              54 responses
                              326 views
                              1 like
                              Last Post eider
                              by eider
                               
                              Started by seanD, 06-16-2021, 11:57 PM
                              31 responses
                              188 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Gondwanaland  
                              Working...
                              X