Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Israel and Hamas exchanging missiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
    Has there really been that significant of a difference in policies from the leadership since then? I don't think so.
    I think I can find a good deal of daylight between Netanyahu or Sharon and someone like Rabin.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Hm..... but he did start it though. He knew exactly how to kick the hornets nest with sending the police in to try to kick people out of homes they've lived in for decades in order for jewish settlers to take over. And then, you know, sending them to throw flashbangs into one of the oldest mosques while it was packed full for ramadan. That's what kicked this off. He knew well what he was doing, and knows that he needs a conflict or war to get a chance at forming a government.
      I think you're hearing and believing one side of the story.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Has there really been that significant of a difference in policies from the leadership since then? I don't think so.
        Just like the border crisis -- there was an expectation of what the Harris administration would and would not do, and it's all about messaging.
        Trump was very firmly in Israel's corner - the Dems not so much.

The enemies of Israel pretty much expected they could prod and push, and not get any resistance from the current administration.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It was, though. They've lived there for decades. It's certainly not any Israeli's property. Indeed, the people there were forced to live there after being previously expelled from other land by Israel's expansion.

No one was stoning police in the mosque. They were there worshiping during Ramadan.

Who is the one trying to force people out of the homes they've had for 72+ years so Jews can move into them? Don't think it was Mahmoud Abbas. This is on Netanyahu and his policies. Stop simping for Bibi.
          You are wrong on all counts.

In 1875, the chief rabbis of Jerusalem purchased buildings in the neighborhood and registered their purchase with the Ottoman—and later, British—authorities. In 1948, with the Jordanian conquest of the neighborhood, the buildings were listed under Jordan's "Register of Enemy Property" and leased to local Arabs. After Israel liberated and unified Jerusalem in 1967, the Jewish landowners registered their buildings again with the Israel Land Authority and began a process that has dragged on ever since of attempting to restore sovereign control over their properties. The Arab tenants, for their part, recognized the Israeli Jewish ownership of the buildings in a 1982 lawsuit. But in the ensuing 39 years, they have appealed every court ruling requiring them to vacate the premises.

https://www.newsweek.com/what-stands...pinion-1590666

Israeli police deployed in large numbers as Muslim worshippers were holding evening prayers at the site. It was unclear what sparked the violence, but videos circulating online showed worshippers throwing chairs, shoes and rocks at police, who fired stun grenades and rubber-coated bullets to disperse them. Smaller clashes broke out elsewhere in Jerusalem.

The Israeli police said protesters hurled stones, fireworks and other objects at them, wounding six officers who required medical treatment. “We will respond with a heavy hand to all violent disturbances, riots and attacks on our forces,” it said in a statement.

https://abcnews.go.com/International...-bank-77550538
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I think you're hearing and believing one side of the story.
            Nope, it appears you are though. That you don't like the truth of the story, does not make it false.

Comment

Nope, it appears you are though. That you don't like the truth of the story, does not make it false.
              You're right.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Just like the border crisis -- there was an expectation of what the Harris administration would and would not do, and it's all about messaging.
                Trump was very firmly in Israel's corner - the Dems not so much.

The enemies of Israel pretty much expected they could prod and push, and not get any resistance from the current administration.
                I see what you did there.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment