Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Israel and Hamas exchanging missiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
    Yeah I get the feeling it will keep escalating like it did a few years back. Sounds like it came about over Israel trying to evict a bunch of palestinians from an area they've lived in for decades, leading to police crackdowns, leading to missiles from both sides.
    It's also coming at the anniversary of Israel's independence, a time of heightened tensions.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      They've repeatedly made it clear that the only solution they'll accept is one that entails Israel being driven into the sea.
      The video I posted earlier documents the agreements that Arafat rejected, even though he would have gotten about 95% of what he was demanding.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Just wanted to point out your dishonest changing of my words above.

What I said was:

The Jews were there before them, as even the architecture of the region proves (for example, the Dome of the Rock is built on the ruins of the Jewish Temple).

Please don't do this again.
        That looks like an editing error rather than an intentional attempt at dishonesty.

Comment

Gee, who did they invade? The Israelites/Hebrews.
          Not solely. I assume you do know the extant of Alexander's conquests.

Your view of the near middle east history is inaccurate and skewed as you have shown multiple times.
          Have I? How very interesting.

Israel doesn't need any help from it's friends. In fact, they don't have many. Even the US has been a fair weather friend. They can take care of themselves.
          I would agree that insofar as the USA is concerned the tail now seems to be wagging the dog.

"It ain't necessarily so
          The things that you're liable
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life
          Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            It's also coming at the anniversary of Israel's independence, a time of heightened tensions.
            Yep. Also right at the end of Ramadan which given Israel tossed flash bangs in a full mosque (one of the oldest there IIRC), that ramped up tensions even higher

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
              We are specifically talking about Israel here, H_A. You seem to purposefully "misunderstand" when you know you are wrong. The Jews were there before Alexander or the Romans.

You have.

Comment

We are specifically talking about Israel here, H_A.
                Northern Kingdom or Judah? Or are we discussing post exilic Hebrews?

"It ain't necessarily so
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I would agree that insofar as the USA is concerned the tail now seems to be wagging the dog.
                  Agreed, it's long past time for the US to stop sending billions. I forget who said it but it really hit home for me when heard it: the US has been morphing into a colony of Israel.

Comment

Agreed, it's long past time for the US to stop sending billions.
                    I often wonder if someone should send a bill!

I forget who said it but it really hit home for me when heard it: the US has been morphing into a colony of Israel.
                    Not to mention the sheer power of the Israeli lobby and the Israel Friendly Christians with their belief in the End Times.
                    Last edited by Hypatia_Alexandria; 05-12-2021, 10:33 AM.
                    "It ain't necessarily so
                    To read in the Bible
                    It ain't necessarily so
                    ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Yep. Also right at the end of Ramadan which given Israel tossed flash bangs in a full mosque (one of the oldest there IIRC), that ramped up tensions even higher
                      The rocket attacks were in response to an attack on the building Hamas leadership meets in. As usual, they gave a lot of advanced warning in order to minimize civilian casualties -- and it was in retaliation to several bombings carried out by Hamas, which was in turn retaliation... Rinse and repeat.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Northern Kingdom or Judah? Or are we discussing post exilic Hebrews?

I am not going to play your games. Goodbye. Leave my thread.

Comment

Israel doesn't need any help from it's friends.
                          Agreed, lets stop sending them billions of dollars every year
                          In fact, they don't have many. Even the US has been a fair weather friend.

I would argue that they, not us, are the fair weather friend. but hey, maybe I'm biased, I knew someone who was nearly murdered by them on the USS Liberty in their little false flag attack they used to try to draw us into their War

Comment

I am not going to play your games. Goodbye. Leave my thread.
                            It isn't like I didn't try to warn her.

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

You just need the occasional reminder that your attempts at game playing are no longer not just appreciated but are no longer being tolerated by anyone.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Oops...

Israeli airstrike kills top Hamas commander as Netanyahu vows ‘iron fist if needed’

https://www.foxnews.com/world/israel...fist-if-needed
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                                Oops...

Israeli airstrike kills top Hamas commander as Netanyahu vows ‘iron fist if needed’

https://www.foxnews.com/world/israel...fist-if-needed
                                It doesn't look like Netanyahu will be able to form a government which makes me wonder about the timing of all this.

Comment