Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The GOP and the man-god Trump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It is incredibly obvious to anybody with a brain that Biden is not "in charge" -- even the liberal press is complaining that he kinda blabbers a bit, then turns and walks away without answering questions.
    Then there was his recent CNN town hall where Anderson Cooper had to repeatedly drag a rambling Joe back on point and remind him what he was talking about. And this was with the benefit of scripted questions and rehearsed answers!
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      What i came away from that with was the realization that some people are so full of hate you just have to leave them to themselves. Anything you say to them will just make them even worse, and there will be collateral damage.
      The fact that you transparently think this applies to everybody but you is largely your problem.

Comment

Jim, I don't hate you. I just have zero respect for you.
        And his lude comments.
        When I Survey....

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Then there was his recent CNN town hall where Anderson Cooper had to repeatedly drag a rambling Joe back on point and remind him what he was talking about. And this was with the benefit of scripted questions and rehearsed answers!
          I don't know many people who are denying the fact that there's definitely something wrong with him.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

The fact that you transparently think this applies to everybody but you is largely your problem.
            I don't think it applies to everybody but me. But you, CP, and a few others here are quite adept at the art of criticism, and have no compunction of any kind about saying very mean and even cruel things about and to others, Christian or not. I dont understand how you can be this way and not feel guilty about it or not wish you could change, but I despise every time you or CP drags me into one of these mud sling fests. I despise what it does to our witness for Christ, what it does in terms of fostering animosity and disrespect. It is a disgrace in every way.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I don't think it applies to everybody but me. But you, CP, and a few others here are quite adept at the art of criticism, and have no compunction of any kind about saying very mean and even cruel things about and to others, Christian or not. I dont understand how you can be this way and not feel guilty about it or not wish you could change, but I despise every time you or CP drags me into one of these mud sling fests. I despise what it does to our witness for Christ, what it does in terms of fostering animosity and disrespect. It is a disgrace in every way.
              So STOP!

(And I don't say mean and even cruel things to Christians)
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't know many people who are denying the fact that there's definitely something wrong with him.
                After that yet another embarrassing performance The Spectator’s Dominic Green asks whether

Is it more worrisome that Joe Biden might not be in charge, or that he actually is in charge?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

...but I despise every time you or CP drags me into one of these mud sling fests.....
                  This says a lot about your true nature, Jim. Nobody "drags you in" - Are you not a grown man? You come charging in like a bull in a china shop.

Do not blame OTHERS for your bad conduct.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    After that yet another embarrassing performance The Spectator’s Dominic Green asks whether

Is it more worrisome that Joe Biden might not be in charge, or that he actually is in charge?
                    That's an EGGcellent question, to which I don't have a good answer.

Comment

Jim, I don't hate you. I just have zero respect for you.
                      Source: james

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless. Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

See how great a forest is set aflame by such a small fire! And the tongue is a fire, the very world of iniquity; the tongue is set among our members as that which defiles the entire body, and sets on fire the course of our life, and is set on fire by hell. For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and creatures of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by the human race. But no one can tame the tongue; it is a restless evil and full of deadly poison. With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the likeness of God; from the same mouth come both blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be this way. Does a fountain send out from the same opening both fresh and bitter water? Can a fig tree, my brethren, produce olives, or a vine produce figs? Nor can salt water produce fresh.

© Copyright Original Source

My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Source: james

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless. Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

See how great a forest is set aflame by such a small fire! And the tongue is a fire, the very world of iniquity; the tongue is set among our members as that which defiles the entire body, and sets on fire the course of our life, and is set on fire by hell. For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and creatures of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by the human race. But no one can tame the tongue; it is a restless evil and full of deadly poison. With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the likeness of God; from the same mouth come both blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be this way. Does a fountain send out from the same opening both fresh and bitter water? Can a fig tree, my brethren, produce olives, or a vine produce figs? Nor can salt water produce fresh.

© Copyright Original Source

Yup, I figured that was next....

Either play "thump the other guy with the Bible", or whine again about being "personally attacked".

Jim, when you can learn to be the Christian you want me to be, lemme know.

Otherwise, leave me alone.

Comment

Either play "thump the other guy with the Bible", or whine again about being "personally attacked".

You play like a child on a playground that thinks he can bully the fellow that won't fight back.

I choose to let you carry on like this CP without laying into you like you actually deserve. I choose to bridle my tongue because it is the right thing to do, and what gives God glory.

At some point in life we realize that the bullies and the abusers such as you are the actual losers in life..

A man who is so proud and so stiff necked he will not even humble himself before God's word. What sort of man is that CP? Even the wayward prophet Balaam yielded to the word of God spoken through a donkey. Think about it CP, consider me the donkey, and James God's word, and humble yourself before God in this matter.
                          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-25-2021, 10:47 PM.

Comment

I despise every time you or CP drags me into one of these mud sling fests.
                            I'm confident the Pharisees felt the same way about Jesus, so at least you're in good company.

Comment

I'm reminded of the joke about a guy drawing lines across the pages of his Bible. Someone asks, "Underlining your favorite verses?" The man snarls, "No! I'm crossing out all the parts that don't apply to me!"

Any time somebody tries to shame somebody else with a Bible passage, it is almost always with the hypocritical air of someone who thinks they are above reproach as far as that particular passage is concerned.

Comment

You play like a child on a playground that thinks he can bully the fellow that won't fight back.

I choose to let you carry on like this CP without laying into you like you actually deserve. I choose to bridle my tongue because it is the right thing to do, and what gives God glory.

At some point in life we realize that the bullies and the abusers such as you are the actual losers in life..

A man who is so proud and so stiff necked he will not even humble himself before God's word. What sort of man is that CP? Even the wayward prophet Balaam yielded to the word of God spoken through a donkey. Think about it CP, consider me the donkey, and James God's word, and humble yourself before God in this matter.
                                Wow, this kinda sounds like the "he who has hatred in his heart has already committed murder" principle. You have all these wicked thoughts and feelings, but you're "going to bridle your tongue".... how very noble.

Not playing your stupid little game, Jim.

Comment