Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The GOP and the man-god Trump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    And he believed his own press as evidenced by shortly after becoming president he flew to Europe to encourage the Olympic Committee to pick Chicago as the site for an upcoming Olympics. So what did he do? He informed the committee that if they selected Chicago they would please him. That was pretty much it.

Chicago was the first city to be eliminated from consideration. Apparently the Committee was composed of true-believers ready to do anything to please the Obamessiah
    You guys play up the rhetoric wrt Obama as much as you play down the real corruption and atrocities of the Trump admin. What a tragedy.

Obama was never the threat to this country you imagined him to be, yet you ignored Trump as he bribed foreign countries to dig up dirt on his political opponents, as he explicitly violated tge emoluments clause, as he focused on undermining trust in our elections to the point we had an insurrection trying to stop the certification of the results and as he continues to sow lies and distrust in our election process.

It's so bizarre watching people who I know care about this country and who sincerely desire to follow Christ be so completely deceived and misled. I feel like i'm in some marvel or bond movie where the supervillian has some sort of mind control device going full tilt.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

You guys play up the rhetoric wrt Obama as much as you play down the real corruption and atrocities of the Trump admin. What a tragedy.
      We don't play it down, but we put it in perspective without all of the emotional attachments that Leftists cling to. Like "atrocities". Weren't you just accusing me of using sloppy exaggeration?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
        What's amazing is how Obama treated Britain, so poorly that they should despise him. I recall on his first trip there he completely disregarded protocol while visiting with the queen (not that I am big on monarchs, but you have to respect your host country's institutions).

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...british-gaffes
        During his infamous apology trip where he bowed before world leaders (actually embarrassed the Japanese by bowing like a servant), the only one he didn't bow to was the Queen of England. And let's not forget how he removed a bust of Winston Churchill from the White House and gave PM Gordon Brown a box of old DVDs as a gift and refused to host a dinner for him or even a press conference during his visit saying he was "too tired." And then a couple months later refused five requests to meet with Brown during a U.N. summit.

Apparently Obama inherited his hatred of the Brits from his father who's father was involved with the anti-British Mau Mau terrorists.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

We don't play it down, but we put it in perspective without all of the emotional attachments that Leftists cling to. Like "atrocities". Weren't you just accusing me of using sloppy exaggeration?
          I thought I changed the word atrocities realizing it was over the top and not the word i was looking for. Apparently that save didn't take.

Beyond that , you can lie to yourself about Trump all you want. But reality has consequences and pretending things are not what they are typically takes one out in the end.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I thought I changed the word atrocities realizing it was over the top and not the word i was looking for. Apparently that save didn't take.
            I think it is telling. Deep down you envision Trump running an Auschwitz somewhere. People on the Left tend to argue with emotion rather than reason.

Beyond that , you can lie to yourself about Trump all you want. But reality has consequences and pretending things are not what they are typically takes one out in the end.
            How am I lying to myself? I've never defended Trump on a personal level. His policies were/are good for America, and is why Biden is slowly having to reinvent many of those same policies (although acting like they're his own).

Comment

During his infamous apology trip where he bowed before world leaders (actually embarrassed the Japanese by bowing like a servant), the only one he didn't bow to was the Queen of England. And let's not forget how he removed a bust of Winston Churchill from the White House and gave PM Gordon Brown a box of old DVDs as a gift and refused to host a dinner for him or even a press conference during his visit saying he was "too tired." And then a couple months later refused five requests to meet with Brown during a U.N. summit.

Apparently Obama inherited his hatred of the Brits from his father who's father was involved with the anti-British Mau Mau terrorists.
              I should add that the excuse given for Obama's bowing was that the other leaders were shorter. While this was true of the Japanese it was not true of the Saudis and others. Moreover, Elizabeth was the shortest of the lot and she was the only one he refused to bow to.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I think it is telling. Deep down you envision Trump running an Auschwitz somewhere. People on the Left tend to argue with emotion rather than reason.

How am I lying to myself? I've never defended Trump on a personal level. His policies were/are good for America, and is why Biden is slowly having to reinvent many of those same policies (although acting like they're his own).
                Evidenced by how often you hear it isn't what you think that is important, it's what you feel.

Comment

Evidenced by how often you hear it isn't what you think that is important, it's what you feel.
                  And is why this country is on the verge of chaos. And, IMO, may be the result of the decline in testosterone (accompanied by dropping IQ scores).

https://www.forbes.com/sites/neilhow...h=3077709a8b7f

Comment

Well, you are in the right direction, but exaggerating again.

The word I wanted would encompass 'lies, zenophobia, incitement of hatred, and racism'. Things that often precede atrocities. And that I suppose is the connection. The use of the word does show that I consider the direction Trump is taking us is capable of leading us to such extremes, but it doesn't mean I think we are there. That you don't understand that what Trump has done and is doing has commonly been a predecessor to atrocities (or just don't believe it possible) shows extreme ignorance of history.

How am I lying to myself? I've never defended Trump on a personal level. His policies were/are good for America
                    Not by a long shot. Not that there were not some good elements mixed in there. Certainly funding getting the vaccines ready in record time was a big plus in his column, but his rhetoric about the vaccine and the medical professionals around him undermined that effort to such an extent we will have a very hard time realizing their promise. Which is just the story on almost every front with him wrt those things he did that could be considered 'good' for our country. Add in the conspiracies, the lies, the vengeance, the corruption, the undermining of trust in our elections and the insurrection the absolute unwillingness to concede when his legal options failed, followed by a continued campaign to undermine trust in the election and we end up with one of the most destructive men to ever occupy the office.

and is why Biden is slowly having to reinvent many of those same policies (although acting like they're his own).
                    Trump's policies that were good need to be maintained. But my guess would be that Biden will not self-destruct those same good policies while he attempts to fix Trumps myriad errors in implementation, nor will he likely add to them the above massively destructive dysfunction I described. Making sure I note that I am not for many of the more liberal leaning elements of Biden's agenda.
                    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-10-2021, 08:56 AM.

Comment

look in that mirror carefully rogue.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

This is the usual "eye of the beholder" crap. YOU believe it is mostly "metaphorical." But leftards are often infidels. They don't have a real deity to worship, and so for them their veneration of Obamessiah fills the same space.
                        You look at a Newsweek cover of Obama in the pose of the Nataraja and think Newsweek staffers believe him to be a literal god?

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Regarding the IPSOS article:

"Specifically, a plurality of Americans (40%) believe it is true that COVID-19 was created in a lab in China – more answered true than false. There is no indication this is true." -- Blatantly false. The bat/pangolin stuff was always a hoax.

"Nearly half (47%) believe the majority of protests this summer were violent, while just 38% correctly indicated that this is a false statement." -- Blatantly false. There was plenty of video evidence of the violence, as well as the documented existence of the insurrectionist-occupied "CHOP" zone.

"Thirty-nine percent of Americans agree there is a deep state working to undermine President Trump – another tenet of QAnon. This belief is driven primarily by Republicans and FOX News viewers (a majority of both groups agree with this), though nearly half of white men and rural residents (49% each) agree as well." -- Seriously misleading. Many of us have known for decades of the "deep state." The main change under Bad Orange Man is the terminology. Until recently, it was more commonly called the "permanent bureaucracy." It works to undermine anyone who tries to rock the boat by opposing its agenda of leftism, state-ism, globalism, and endless wars.
                        Even if your assessments are accurate, that's an after the fact interpretation of the data. If you take no issue with the poll's methodology, why would you reject it? And even if you did, I cited a second poll that supports my claim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post

You look at a Newsweek cover of Obama in the pose of the Nataraja and think Newsweek staffers believe him to be a literal god?
                          In that instance they are presenting the Obamessiah as how they think he is perceived. Given that the magazine's own editor had said "I mean in a way Obama's standing above the country, above -- above the world, he's sort of God" ...

Comment

In that instance they are presenting the Obamessiah as how they think he is perceived. Given that the magazine's own editor had said "I mean in a way Obama's standing above the country, above -- above the world, he's sort of God" ...

without condoning the conference of godlike status on any man,

I find it telling that you condemn the democrats for embracing a man as a potential christ like figure who portends healing and peace and love, but you embrace the Republicans conference of godlike stature to one like loki, full of lies, chaos, and hatred.
                            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-11-2021, 08:29 AM.

Comment

I find it telling that you condemn the democrats for embracing a man as a potential christ like figure who portends healing and peace and love, but you embrace the Republicans conference of godlike stature to one like loki, full of lies, chaos, and hatred.
                              Give it a rest Jim. The Obamessiah lied just as much as Trump. And we can see the hatred spilling forth as he has been letting lose with his contempt for whites.

Moreover, if the MSM treated old Joe a fraction of the way that they treated Trump, we would be regaled daily about the lies that he regularly tells (although to be fair nobody is sure if he is "with it" enough to determine if he even knows the difference).

And he has been a full-on racist gaffe machine since he's been elected, zinging one out on a nearly monthly basis which the MSM has been dutifully and studiously ignoring. First it was that blacks are monolithic in their thinking (they all think alike) as opposed to Hispanics. Blacks aren't smart enough to figure out how to go online. Blacks aren't smart enough to hire a lawyer or CPA. And proclaiming that the country is doomed and "not just because of African Americans" Be honest Jim, what would your reaction be if Trump had said just one of these things?

And he continues his merry way sexualizing little girls (listen to his voice when he "flirts" with a 9-year old -- it sounds like barely contained lust ), and all the MSM cares about is what flavor ice cream did his keepers give him, if it has sprinkles, and can we get some next time (these were actual questions asked of old Joe from the White House press corp on the same day -- along with probing questions about what video game he was playing).

Comment

The only ones who confer any godlike stature on President Trump are liberals like you, because you have convinced yourselves that conservatives worship President Trump the way you worship Obama. Meanwhile, conservatives shrug their shoulders and say, "Trump is just a man who happened to become president."
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment