Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The GOP and the man-god Trump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

BUT, do you watch zillions and zillions of Youtube vids?
    Actually...

But only because it's part of my job.

Comment

Who?
      She who wrote this:

I am a conservative Republican, and the most conservative of conservative values is reverence for the rule of law. Each of us swears an oath before God to uphold our Constitution. The electoral college has spoken. More than 60 state and federal courts, including multiple Trump-appointed judges, have rejected the former president’s arguments, and refused to overturn election results. That is the rule of law; that is our constitutional system for resolving claims of election fraud.

The question before us now is whether we will join Trump’s crusade to delegitimize and undo the legal outcome of the 2020 election, with all the consequences that might have.

I have worked overseas in nations where changes in leadership come only with violence, where democracy takes hold only until the next violent upheaval. America is exceptional because our constitutional system guards against that. At the heart of our republic is a commitment to the peaceful transfer of power among political rivals in accordance with law. President Ronald Reagan described this as our American “miracle.”
      Does Trumplove trump everything?
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Are you sure it's specifically Trump they support and not just the fact they're showing fervent opposition against what the left has been doing and the policies they've been supporting for over a year?
        Both?
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Both?
          I honestly don't believe it. I think Trump is just jumping on the bandwagon of issues that concern the right against the left because that thrusts him into the media spotlight, so it seems that way. I don't deny there is a small faction on the right that are outright Trump cultists, but I don't think it's as widespread as those on the left claim it is.

Comment

I honestly don't believe it. I think Trump is just jumping on the bandwagon of issues that concern the right against the left because that thrusts him into the media spotlight, so it seems that way. I don't deny there is a small faction on the right that are outright Trump cultists, but I don't think it's as widespread as those on the left claim it is.
            They need their Emmanuel Goldstein

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

They need their Emmanuel Goldstein
              Exactly. Trump is their golden calf to try and salvage what little of their media ratings they have left, so they're going to do everything they can to keep beating that dead horse. And Trump, being the egocentric impulsive celebrity that he is, will happily keep those flames stoked.

And all the TDS leftist nutjobs on this site will keep having subjects to start threads about.

Comment

Exactly. Trump is their golden calf to try and salvage what little of their media ratings they have left, so they're going to do everything they can to keep beating that dead horse. And Trump, being the egocentric impulsive celebrity that he is, will happily keep those flames stoked.

And all the TDS leftist nutjobs on this site will keep having subjects to start threads about.
                Watch what they do to Liz Cheney. She is the sacrificial offering to the man-god. And remember Moses burnt the golden calf in a fire, ground it to powder, scattered it on water, and forced the GOP to drink it.
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

Watch what they do to Liz Cheney. She is the sacrificial offering to the man-god. And remember Moses burnt the golden calf in a fire, ground it to powder, scattered it on water, and forced the GOP to drink it.
                  Like Ronson, you're asking the wrong conservative to show any sympathy towards neocon Liz Cheney. And that sentiment extends well before Trump got into politics. What I think is even more of an absurd political dynamic is the fact the left media is defending a spawn of Dick.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

The RW media is pretty much ignoring it. If you think about it, there's not much they can say about a staunch conservative being drummed out of the party because she won't buy into Trump's big lie, without getting his supporters upset.

Comment

Like Ronson, you're asking the wrong conservative to show any sympathy towards neocon Liz Cheney. And that sentiment extends well before Trump got into politics. What I think is even more of an absurd political dynamic is the fact the left media is defending a spawn of Dick.
                      I think the left-leaning media is making it clear that Liz is a staunch RW supporter of all Trump's policies as shown by her voting record, but that on one issue, his claim of a stolen election, she is not on-board.

Comment

Who?

Comment

Bad Orange Man has been out of office for over three months and Liz is still yammering about him. She needs to shut her festering gob and realize the party has moved on from Shrub/Cheney.

Next cycle, I'll vote for whoever is most America-First conservative and least likely to politely bend over when challenged. If that means another go with Bad Orange Man, great. If someone else credibly steps up, also great.
                          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by dirfloor View Post
                            I’m too stupid to understand this.
                            This is the most accurate thing you have ever said.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                              Bad Orange Man has been out of office for over three months and Liz is still yammering about him. She needs to shut her festering gob and realize the party has moved on from Shrub/Cheney.
                              I don't agree with her politics much, but I greatly respect her for refusing to accept the Big Lie.

Not that that will do her much good.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I don't agree with her politics much, but I greatly respect her for refusing to accept the Big Lie.

Not that that will do her much good.
                                She's a sell out. She's been in the pocket of military-industrialists since day one, and pushes to keep American kids in danger overseas fighting useless wars. A clone of her father. Nothing to respect.

Comment