Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The GOP and the man-god Trump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    [*Overwrought drama queening*]
    Funny how the author of this codswallop has to compare what is taking place today ("economic stagnation and the unfair application of affirmative action") to what took place centuries ago ("shipped like coal and sold like cattle").

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Only one political movement has made a point of denying the existence and legacy of racism, assuring White people that they are equally subject to prejudice, and defending the Confederacy and its monuments as “our heritage.” This is perhaps the ultimate in absurd bothsidesism. My side suffers from economic stagnation and the unfair application of affirmative action. Your side was shipped like coal and sold like cattle; suffered centuries of brutality, rape, family separation and stolen wages; and was then subjected to humiliating segregation and the systematic denial of lending, housing and justice. Who can say which is worse?

Only one president — as released documents show — attempted to overturn the results of a fair election, tried to block the certification of his successor and discussed in the Oval Office the possibility of imposing martial law. Only one president had minions prepare the step-by-step instructions for a constitutional coup.
      Only one political party led by old white men tries to convince black people that they are victims and repressed and only they can save them, if they stay on the welfare plantation and vote the right way, or they are not black.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Only one political party led by old white men tries to convince black people that they are victims and repressed and only they can save them, if they stay on the welfare plantation and vote the right way, or they are not black.
        And that same old white man fought tooth and nail trying to keep blacks out his kid's schools because admitting them would turn the schools into "a jungle. A racial jungle."

And that same old white man recently declared that blacks, unlike Hispanics, all think alike, as well as being not bright enough to get on the internet or hire a lawyer or CPA if they open a business.

Oh, and let's not forget this gem from old Joe's zoom talk with various black leaders

the country is doomed and "not just because of African Americans" meaning that blacks are
        dooming America but they aren't the only reason

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• We see far too much bad-temper on this website too. Come on Americans, behave yourselves!

The incident occurred on a flight from New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport to John Wayne Airport in Orange County, Calif. It prompted the pilots to divert the flight to Denver, where the passenger was detained.

The flight attendant apparently bumped the passenger while moving through the first-class cabin, according to Julie Hedrick, president of the Association of Professional Flight Attendants, which represents those who fly for American Airlines. The flight attendant apologized, but the passenger left his seat, confronted her as she stood in the aircraft’s galley, then punched her in the face, Hedrick said.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
            We see far too much bad-temper on this website too. Come on Americans, behave yourselves!

The incident occurred on a flight from New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport to John Wayne Airport in Orange County, Calif. It prompted the pilots to divert the flight to Denver, where the passenger was detained.

The flight attendant apparently bumped the passenger while moving through the first-class cabin, according to Julie Hedrick, president of the Association of Professional Flight Attendants, which represents those who fly for American Airlines. The flight attendant apologized, but the passenger left his seat, confronted her as she stood in the aircraft’s galley, then punched her in the face, Hedrick said.
            It was clearly Trump's fault.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Was there ever any doubt?

Comment

An airline insurrection!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

An airline insurrection!
                  Wanna bet it was Flight 106

Don't make me explain the joke

Comment

Americans used to be courteous to each other, and to strangers. Not so much after 5 years or so of Trumpism. So, you might well have a point there.
                    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post

Americans used to be courteous to each other, and to strangers. Not so much after 5 years or so of Trumpism. So, you might well have a point there.
                      You're absolutely right. In fact, anything bad that has ever happened throughout human history can clearly be traced back to one Donald John Trump. Not even time and space can restrain his negative influence on mankind.

I mean, just look at the sort of stuff he said: "I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors. I want you to talk to them whether they are independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face,"

Oh, wait, that was Obama, but I'm sure Trump was in the background orchestrating the whole thing.
                      Last edited by Mountain Man; 10-29-2021, 11:13 AM.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The insane apoplectic violence-fueled reaction that the left had during that period was indeed like a five year long temper tantrum.

Comment

You are confusing us with Canadians.

Comment

• democracy’s greatest enemy:

Tucker Carlson, the most popular voice in conservative media, drew condemnation Thursday for the trailer of a new series he plans to debut next week promising to “tell the true story” of the Jan. 6 insurrection, in which one subject appears to float a baseless conspiracy theory that the Capitol riot was covertly orchestrated by the government.

“False flags have happened in this country,” an unidentified female speaker is heard to say in the clip of “Patriot Purge” aired on Carlson’s Fox News show Wednesday night, “one of which may have been January 6.”

Carlson said the three-part series will air as a “Tucker Carlson Original” on the streaming service Fox Nation starting Monday. “We believe that it answers a lot of the remaining questions from that day,” he said, arguing that the U.S. government has “launched a new war” on American citizens by prosecuting participants in the insurrection who ransacked the building and attacked law enforcement officers.

Comment

democracy’s greatest enemy:
                              nancy.jpg

Attached Files
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

democracy’s greatest enemy:
                                Source?
                                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment