Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The GOP and the man-god Trump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

You play like a child on a playground that thinks he can bully the fellow that won't fight back.
    You really think you don't fight back? Talk about a complete lack of self-awareness!
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

You really think you don't fight back? Talk about a complete lack of self-awareness!
      Well, he has these evil hateful thoughts, but he's a better man because he's going to bridle his tongue and not say them, but he wants me to know he's thinking them.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Well, he has these evil hateful thoughts, but he's a better man because he's going to bridle his tongue and not say them, but he wants me to know he's thinking them.

I guess I'll wait for another Bible Battle Assault.
        "Dear God, thank you that I am able to bridle my tongue, unlike those louts around me who obviously don't have my self-control. Amen."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

"Dear God, thank you that I am able to bridle my tongue, unlike those louts around me who obviously don't have my self-control. Amen."
          I have some thoughts about you that I could share, you low life scumbag poor excuse of a human being, but I'm bridling my tongue, so, no, I ain't sayin, cause I'm speerchul!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Once long ago I ran into a fellow that had fallen away. I tried to talk to Him about the Lord, and he was willing to talk. But he was full of foul mouthed and lude comments, really nasty stuff. But I kept trying thinking maybe something I said could break through. This was at a gathering with mothers and small children and what he was saying - loudly - was simply and completely inappropriate.

What i came away from that with was the realization that some people are so full of hate you just have to leave them to themselves. Anything you say to them will just make them even worse, and there will be collateral damage.
            Once you learn to stop coming across as so sanctimonious, people might start to listen to you.

Comment

• Does a Facebook algorithm explain Trumpism?
              Five years ago, Facebook gave its users five new ways to react to a post in their news feed beyond the iconic “like” thumbs-up: “love,” “haha,” “wow,” “sad” and “angry.”

Behind the scenes, Facebook programmed the algorithm that decides what people see in their news feeds to use the reaction emoji as signals to push more emotional and provocative content — including content likely to make them angry. Starting in 2017, Facebook’s ranking algorithm treated emoji reactions as five times more valuable than “likes,” internal documents reveal. The theory was simple: Posts that prompted lots of reaction emoji tended to keep users more engaged, and keeping users engaged was the key to Facebook’s business.

Facebook’s own researchers were quick to suspect a critical flaw. Favoring “controversial” posts — including those that make users angry — could open “the door to more spam/abuse/clickbait inadvertently,” a staffer, whose name was redacted, wrote in one of the internal documents. A colleague responded, “It’s possible.”

The warning proved prescient. The company’s data scientists confirmed in 2019 that posts that sparked angry reaction emoji were disproportionately likely to include misinformation, toxicity and low-quality news.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Once you learn to stop coming across as so sanctimonious, people might start to listen to you.
                That simply isnt true sparko. The hatred people here have for me is irrational. Like something I've never seen before or since and I don't see anywhere else. Supposing I am 'sanctimonious' - can that possibly justify the obvious joy people get in telling me off, or saying things to me they would never say to a person in real life.because they know it would be 100% wrong to do so? The problem is- the more I point things like that out, the more it entrenches people into a hateful position. How does that even work amongst people that claim Christ as Lord?

My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

That simply isnt true sparko. The hatred people here have for me is irrational. Like something I've never seen before or since and I don't see anywhere else. Supposing I am 'sanctimonious' - can that possibly justify the obvious joy people get in telling me off, or saying things to me they would never say to a person in real life.because they know it would be 100% wrong to do so? The problem is- the more I point things like that out, the more it entrenches people into a hateful position. How does that even work amongst people that claim Christ as Lord?
                  Last post:

I know of only one thing that can generate the obvious joy many here find in telling another person how much they despise who they are:

hate.

My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

You have a victim complex. Nobody here hates you or derives joy from correcting you. But I suppose you find that easier to believe than to open your eyes and see your own faults.

Comment

That simply isnt true sparko. The hatred people here have for me is irrational.
                      Jim, I don't hate you. Not even a little bit. Not even dislike. I feel sorry for you, and I really get tired of your condescending judgmental attitude, but I don't hate you.
                      You have falsely accused me of hatred before, but it's simply not there.
                      I have come to the conclusion that you appear totally unaware of your own conduct, and your "preaching" to the rest of us just rings so hollow.

But I don't have even the teensiest tiniest bit of hate for you. I just don't put up with your crap.
                      I really feel sorry for you.

Comment

Last post:

I know of only one thing that can generate the obvious joy many here find in telling another person how much they despise who they are:

hate.
                        The hate is in your own heart, Jim. I don't know ANYBODY here who hates you, and it's absolutely ludicrous to think that anybody gets JOY out of standing up to your antics.
                        It is IRRATIONAL to think that we get JOY from disagreeing with you. That appears to be part of some martyr complex or something.

Your constant obsession of TRUMP shows how easy it is for you to spew forth hatred.
                        Yes, you try to justify it by his conduct, but you go SO overboard it's not even funny.
                        That's when it's most obvious.

But it slips out when you are posting to others, and you can't even see that.

You have falsely accused me of hatred and other things. but that's absolutely false.

The reason that you see HATE in the hearts of others is because you are projecting.
                        You come across as an angry hateful old man who then uses scriptures like "bridle your tongue" to others, not realizing YOU are the one doing so much of the condemnation and judging.

The way you address me could EASILY be seen as hate, Jim, but I simply consider the source.

Get the hatred out of your own heart before accusing others of getting "JOY" out of "attacking" you.

I think the reason I make you so angry is because, deep down somewhere, you actually know I'm right.

Comment

When nearly everyone seems to have a problem with you, maybe they aren't the problem, Jim. Maybe it really is you.

You come across as extremely paranoid and sanctimonious. You keep preaching about how we should act like you if we were "real" Christians, and when anyone disagrees with you or points out your behavior, you claim it is a personal attack, yet you never see your own actions as personal attacks. I am sure this will be seen as a personal attack too, but at this point I really don't care how you see it. I am merely trying to point out that you are simply getting back what you dish out, and you do indeed come across as sanctimonious.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                            Does a Facebook algorithm explain Trumpism?
                            The entire algorithm crap was exposed as deliberately biased awhile back and is incredibly easy to beat by employing various tricks. Several notorious posters used them so successfully that they are now specifically monitored (when not suspended) because the algorithms are routinely "bypassed" by them.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Jesus in heaven is crying his eyes out - my people, my people, why have you forsaken me?

Only one political movement has made a point of denying the existence and legacy of racism, assuring White people that they are equally subject to prejudice, and defending the Confederacy and its monuments as “our heritage.” This is perhaps the ultimate in absurd bothsidesism. My side suffers from economic stagnation and the unfair application of affirmative action. Your side was shipped like coal and sold like cattle; suffered centuries of brutality, rape, family separation and stolen wages; and was then subjected to humiliating segregation and the systematic denial of lending, housing and justice. Who can say which is worse?

Only one president — as released documents show — attempted to overturn the results of a fair election, tried to block the certification of his successor and discussed in the Oval Office the possibility of imposing martial law. Only one president had minions prepare the step-by-step instructions for a constitutional coup.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                                Jesus in heaven is crying his eyes out - my people, my people, why have you forsaken me?
                                There are no tears in Heaven.

Comment