Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The GOP and the man-god Trump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

wow
    I know my insights can be amazing at times, but really, you're making me blush

Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-19-2021, 07:53 AM.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

A plausible explanation MM. I rescind my remark regarding what it reveals about your attitude towards democrats.

However, I took firstfloor's remark more as a general criticism of the moral decay we see in America today, which I think can be fairly laid at least partially at the feet of both sides of our political debates - though I think it more generally representative of the abandonment of faith in God and respect for what is good and right.
      Interestingly enough, one particular political party in the US seems to be doing everything they can to distance themselves from God, and the other party is at least trying to stand for Religious Liberty and "God and Country".

And, yeah, I know -- the Republicans are dirty rotten politicians, but at least they are not rushing headlong toward Sodom and Gomorrah.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Ecclesiastes 10:2 The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

And a prayer specifically for old Joe:

Scripture Verse: Psalm 109:8

May his days be few; may another take his office!

© Copyright Original Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Interestingly enough, one particular political party in the US seems to be doing everything they can to distance themselves from God, and the other party is at least trying to stand for Religious Liberty and "God and Country".

And, yeah, I know -- the Republicans are dirty rotten politicians, but at least they are not rushing headlong toward Sodom and Gomorrah.
          As I've repeatedly said both parties are determined to take us to hell in a handbasket. It's just that the Democrats are determined to take the express elevator whereas Republicans are content to take the longer, scenic route.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I don't know which is worse CP, embracing atheistic thought about God or marrying Christ directly to gross immorality of the non-sexual kind. See, what is really odd about the conservative side of Evangelical Christian faith is the sexual morality is the single most important kind of morality, and things like kindness, character, grace, mercy, care for the poor, denying self, eschewing riches and wealth, humility over pride, these are almost despised as the province of 'liberal' Christians. So much so that they can embrace and overtly support people in politics (and even in ministry) that actively mock those things in their lives, policies, and words. Yet, as I read the new testament, sexual morality is the thing Jesus tended to talk about the least, and these other things, these things evangelicals sort of ignore with a wink and a nod, they were at the core of Christ's message on this earth. It's very confusing to me, and very troubling.

Now I recognize such a broad statement can not possibly be fair or true across all of any group. But there is a sufficiently strong trend that it is a problem that should not be ignored and needs to be dealt with.
            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-19-2021, 08:41 AM.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              As I've repeatedly said both parties are determined to take us to hell in a handbasket. It's just that the Democrats are determined to take the express elevator whereas Republicans are content to take the longer, scenic route.
              Will there be a flowery path on this scenic route, and will there be cookies?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't know which is worse CP, embracing atheistic thought about God or marrying Christ directly to gross immorality of the non-sexual kind. See, what is really odd about the conservative side of Evangelical Christian faith is the sexual morality is the single most important kind of morality, and things like kindness, character, grace, mercy, care for the poor, denying self, eschewing riches and wealth, humility over pride, these are almost despised as the province of 'liberal' Christians. So much so that they can embrace and overtly support people in politics (and even in ministry) that actively mock those things in their lives, policies, and words. Yet, as I read the new testament, sexual morality is the thing Jesus tended to talk about the least, and these other things, these things evangelicals sort of ignore with a wink and a nod, they were at the core of Christ's message on this earth. It's very confusing to me, and very troubling.
                This is not the first time I've wondered about the almost complete disconnect between a post you're replying to, and your own self-righteous response to it.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Though you'll get no argument from me about the democratic trek, I think you are not noticing the cliff along the side of the road and the bridge that is out just over the rise on the Republican route.

Comment

• The_Bridge_Of_LIfe_Spectator_Small20210614023917.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

This is not the first time I've wondered about the almost complete disconnect ...
                      To help you understand the connection MM. CP's post characterizes the Democratic party as for he most part abandoning God, while the republican party at least appears to embrace some sort of outward acceptance of God and the morality taught in scripture. My post points out that the apparent attempts to embrace biblical morality in the Republican party and its acceptance by the evangelical church concerns only sexual moralities (abortion/LBGTQ+ issues) and completely abandons the core morality taught by Christ - which is the righteousness in matters of wealth and care for the poor, integrity, kindness, love, mercy and grace. These things are completely abandoned by the Republican party, and to the extent of their embrace of figures so clearly hostile to what Christ taught on those issues, the evangelical Church.

Comment

Will there be a flowery path on this scenic route, and will there be cookies?
                        Not sure about the flowers but I understand they'll try to slough off Oatmeal Raisin cookies for Chocolate Chip. The fiends. smiley fist shake.gif

Comment

To help you understand the connection MM. CP's post characterizes the Democratic party as for he most part abandoning God, while the republican party at least appears to embrace some sort of outward acceptance of God and the morality taught in scripture. My post points out that the apparent attempts to embrace biblical morality in the Republican party and its acceptance by the evangelical church concerns only sexual moralities (abortion/LBGTQ+ issues) and completely abandons the core morality taught by Christ - which is the righteousness in matters of wealth and care for the poor, integrity, kindness, love, mercy and grace. These things are completely abandoned by the Republican party, and to the extent of their embrace of figures so clearly hostile to what Christ taught on those issues, the evangelical Church.
                          It's like you have a sermonette in mind and then pick a post seemingly at random to use as a springboard for another hypocritical lecture. What's curious is that you apparently never feel compelled to launch into these diatribes in response to someone supporting the Democrat party and moral degenerates like Joe Biden. I wonder why? That's not a rhetorical question. I really do wonder why.

Comment

It's like you have a sermonette in mind and then pick a post seemingly at random to use as a springboard for another hypocritical lecture. What's curious is that you apparently never feel compelled to launch into these diatribes in response to someone supporting the Democrat party and moral degenerates like Joe Biden. I wonder why? That's not a rhetorical question. I really do wonder why.
                            He does appear to be doing his best rendition of all three monkeys when it comes to the left.

And old Joe has been doing his level best to be exactly like what ox describes Trump as having been like. It's almost like someone said "Nobody will ever be as bad as Trump" and the duffer responded, "Hold my prune juice."

Comment

How often on this website is someone directly supporting Joe Biden? Or to the point, I am an evangelical so this current trend in evangelicalism concerns me greatly.

So what immoral activity in the Democratic party are evangelicals supporting?

Comment

How often on this website is someone directly supporting Joe Biden? Or to the point, I am an evangelical so this current trend in evangelicalism concerns me greatly.

So what immoral activity in the Democratic party are evangelicals supporting?
                                Oh boy...

Comment