Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The GOP and the man-god Trump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Right. As the Bible commands, we are to spare the rod and spoil the child.
    I never spanked my children because they never gave me cause to. When my daughter was two years old and not listening, she would get a short whack, but that was all.

Now, if she had done something serious ... perhaps. But I can't think of what would prompt me to spank. It's just not in my blood. My parents were hesitant to spank as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I thought the laughing smiley would have been sufficient to convey my humorous intent.
      I wasn't sure which is why I posted.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I never spanked my children because they never gave me cause to. When my daughter was two years old and not listening, she would get a short whack, but that was all.

Now, if she had done something serious ... perhaps.
        One does not need to be overly literal here. You can substitute any form of discipline and if it is lacking the result is a spoiled child.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I find this one extremely important - especially since Biden has removed sanctions on the Nordstream project that Trump had implemented. This is hare-brained idiocy for several reasons:
          1) It strengthens the Russian economy
          2) It makes Germany (and much of eastern Europe) more reliant on a potential enemy for their energy
          3) It potentially weakens the US economy because we were positioned to sell Europe gas as a replacement (which would be energy from an ally)
          4) It kowtows to Merkel's knee-jerk desires because Biden is all about appeasement and not about logic. "Whatever our allies want is fine with me."
          Many folks from all parts of the political spectrum have noticed Biden's "why can't everyone just be friends" mentality and how it fails him when it comes time to make decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Many folks from all parts of the political spectrum have noticed Biden's "why can't everyone just be friends" mentality and how it fails him when it comes time to make decisions.
            Can you imagine the MSM outcry if Trump had removed a sanction implemented against Russia by the Obama administration? "COLLUSION!!! COLLUSION!!!"

But Biden removes a sanction against Russia and the MSM yawns. Hilarious.

Comment

Can you imagine the MSM outcry if Trump had removed a sanction implemented against Russia by the Obama administration? "COLLUSION!!! COLLUSION!!!"

But Biden removes a sanction against Russia and the MSM yawns. Hilarious.
              Especially at the very same time he is putting tens of thousands of Americans into the unemployment line by cutting pipelines in the U.S.

The TDS crowd would've screeched themselves hoarse with accusations of treason.

Comment

Trump isn't viewed as a god, the Messiah, lord and Savior, the equivalent of if not greater than Jesus etc. among his followers in the way that the Obamessiah is, so you won't find the same sort of blind obedience.
                People who really like Obama were happy to see a black Democrat in office and an end to Bush's presidency. People who really like Trump think he's a messiah come to rid the world of satanic pedophile elites and treat his second presidential term the same way people treat failed second coming predictions.

Comment

I find this one extremely important - especially since Biden has removed sanctions on the Nordstream project that Trump had implemented. This is hare-brained idiocy for several reasons:
                  1) It strengthens the Russian economy
                  Not by much. The project is likely to be completed this year in any case.

2) It makes Germany (and much of eastern Europe) more reliant on a potential enemy for their energy
                  And we should have a bigger say than Germany (and much of eastern Europe) as to whether they become more reliant on a potential enemy for their energy?

3) It potentially weakens the US economy because we were positioned to sell Europe gas as a replacement (which would be energy from an ally)
                  Maybe our alliance with Germany should take precedence over corporate profits. (After Trump, they may be questioning just how much of an ally we are.)

4) It kowtows to Merkel's knee-jerk desires because Biden is all about appeasement and not about logic. "Whatever our allies want is fine with me."
                  In contrast to Trump's, "Who cares what our allies want? We don't need no stinkin' allies."

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                    People who really like Obama were happy to see a black Democrat in office and an end to Bush's presidency. People who really like Trump think he's a messiah come to rid the world of satanic pedophile elites and treat his second presidential term the same way people treat failed second coming predictions.
                    Meanwhile, back irl, you won't just find those who called Obama an actual Messiah, god and Savior, aren't some kooks you'd never have heard of except they have access to the internet. They include everything from big names in the MSM to nationally known politicians. They were selling posters of him as a religious icon inside the Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte, North Carolina in 2012 where the Democratic National Convention was held (meaning the merchandise was approved by the DNC/Obama campaign, unlike something sold on the streets outside)

image_34289.jpg
                    displaying the head of Obama, which faded into a graphic of an open Bible with the headline "Prophecy Fulfilled."

Comment

Meanwhile, back irl, you won't just find those who called Obama an actual Messiah, god and Savior, aren't some kooks you'd never have heard of except they have access to the internet. They include everything from big names in the MSM to nationally known politicians. They were selling posters of him as a religious icon inside the Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte, North Carolina in 2012 where the Democratic National Convention was held (meaning the merchandise was approved by the DNC/Obama campaign, unlike something sold on the streets outside)

image_34289.jpg
                      displaying the head of Obama, which faded into a graphic of an open Bible with the headline "Prophecy Fulfilled."

That sort of thing never reached the widespread embrace we find in QAnon, and democratic party's embrace of Obama never became the no holes barred abandonment of integrity and the basic principles set forth by the founding fathers that is the GOP's embrace of Trump.

What you are failing to recognize is that what you feared wrt the embrace of Obama by the left became reality in the right's embrace of Trump.

Yet for some reason you don't fear it in Trump.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Maybe our alliance with Germany should take precedence over corporate profits. (After Trump, they may be questioning just how much of an ally we are.)
                        No 'maybe' about it. Biden has quite the task restoring that trust, especially with the GOP's continued and even escalating embrace of Trump and Trump era policies.

In contrast to Trump's, "Who cares what our allies want? We don't need no stinkin' allies."
                        Exactly.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                          Not by much. The project is likely to be completed this year in any case.

And we should have a bigger say than Germany (and much of eastern Europe) as to whether they become more reliant on a potential enemy for their energy?
                          If they want our protection, yes. Otherwise we should pull out of NATO - which is my preference anyway.

So, in short, you are justifying Biden dropping the Nordstream sanctions?

Comment

image_34289.jpg
                            Qanon's positioning of Trump as a literal God-sent messiah who will fulfill prophecy is believed by about 15% of the population. A few talking heads and one poster are absurd comparisons to make.

Comment

Qanon's positioning of Trump as a literal God-sent messiah who will fulfill prophecy is believed by about 15% of the population.
                              I may have missed it, but did you have a source for that?

Comment

Qanon's positioning of Trump as a literal God-sent messiah who will fulfill prophecy is believed by about 15% of the population. A few talking heads and one poster are absurd comparisons to make.
                                Really - that high? I had thought it might be 20% of Trump's base, but that works out to only about 6% of the population (.3 * .2). Got a source for that?

Comment