Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

To all the mothers out there... Happy Birthing Persons Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all the mothers out there... Happy Birthing Persons Day!

Birthing person, or in the plural, birthing people, is the left's new name for "mothers" because the latter term discriminates against men who give birth.

For instance, the National Abortion Rights Action League (NARL) tweeted... well see for yourselves

26802ced-bce1-4d79-b5a7-61f79cb7932c.jpg
    I included the first reply to this insanity as well

Apparently, biology textbooks are among the many things that have been canceled for these morons, and we have moved on from "pro-choice is pro-woman" to "pro-choice is pro birthing person." I'm sure that we'll all be seeing that slogan on bumper stickers everywhere real soon

I'm sure that we'll continue to see the left find more and more ways to continue with their campaign to degrade and demean women and motherhood while pretending to protect their rights, as they have managed to be so pro-woman that they entirely erased women.

Talk about a perfect example of gaslighting.

In any case. Happy MOTHER'S Day

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

What an insult to adoptive/foster mothers, who in my eyes have every right to celebrate Mother's Day.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      What an insult to adoptive/foster mothers, who in my eyes have every right to celebrate Mother's Day.
      Darn skippy! They're mothers - that is what counts.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Birthing person, or in the plural, birthing people, is the left's new name for "mothers" because the latter term discriminates against men who give birth.

For instance, the National Abortion Rights Action League (NARL) tweeted... well see for yourselves

26802ced-bce1-4d79-b5a7-61f79cb7932c.jpg
        I included the first reply to this insanity as well

Apparently, biology textbooks are among the many things that have been canceled for these morons, and we have moved on from "pro-choice is pro-woman" to "pro-choice is pro birthing person." I'm sure that we'll all be seeing that slogan on bumper stickers everywhere real soon

I'm sure that we'll continue to see the left find more and more ways to continue with their campaign to degrade and demean women and motherhood while pretending to protect their rights, as they have managed to be so pro-woman that they entirely erased women.

Talk about a perfect example of gaslighting.

In any case. Happy MOTHER'S Day
        I'll be honest. I've done alot of googling for that phrase, and beyond NARAL and Cori Bush using it, this doesn't really seem to be a thing. From a media perspective it seems conservatives/republicans are using the phrase more than anyone.

Does it deserve to be mocked? Oh yes. But, it seems that the wack job in congress and NARAL seem to be the only ones really there.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          It's a straight up slap in the face to all women.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I'll be honest. I've done alot of googling for that phrase, and beyond NARAL and Cori Bush using it, this doesn't really seem to be a thing. From a media perspective it seems conservatives/republicans are using the phrase more than anyone.

Does it deserve to be mocked? Oh yes. But, it seems that the wack job in congress and NARAL seem to be the only ones really there.
            I first heard about it returning from getting my blood pressure prescription filed and some groceries when a local radio show was discussing it. They played clips of a whole bunch of different people using the phrases "birthing person" and "birthing people." Now maybe every single one of them were at a NARAL conference or something, or else it's use is more prevalent than you realize.

In fact it is trending on Twitter and it's not just folks mocking it. A lot of idiots are using it now.

1.jpg

3.jpg
            Apparently it has spread very quickly through Harvard

2.jpg

And the term precedes Bush's use of it
            81a7e7aab4c1dbc3215a3ef145c636e0.jpg

And I've seen images of "birthing day" cards on display but suspect those might be hoaxed.

Comment

I first heard about it returning from getting my blood pressure prescription filed and some groceries when a local radio show was discussing it. They played clips of a whole bunch of different people using the phrases "birthing person" and "birthing people." Now maybe every single one of them were at a NARAL conference or something, or else it's use is more prevalent than you realize.

Comment

In fact it is trending on Twitter and it's not just folks mocking it. A lot of idiots are using it now.

1.jpg

3.jpg
                Apparently it has spread very quickly through Harvard

2.jpg

And the term precedes Bush's use of it
                81a7e7aab4c1dbc3215a3ef145c636e0.jpg

And I've seen images of "birthing day" cards on display but suspect those might be hoaxed.
                I was looking for "Brithing persons's day", and checking for major news pushers. I didn't see anything. Obviously, I can't have seen everything. But the scope seems very limited and fringe.

Comment

I was looking for "Brithing persons's day", and checking for major news pushers. I didn't see anything. Obviously, I can't have seen everything. But the scope seems very limited and fringe.
                  I noted a few prominent faces in that video. And if it is now being used at Harvard Medical School, this would strongly suggest that it has moved beyond the fringe.

Comment

In an attempt at not insulting a teeny tiny group of people that were not insulted to begin with, the liberal nuts end up insulting everyone and rationality itself.

I think that one person's prayer has been answered. They are ridiculous.

Comment

Rather than enabling these nitpicking nutjobs in the media, they need to laugh out loud at them and shame them off of their soapboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Rather than enabling these nitpicking nutjobs in the media, they need to laugh out loud at them and shame them off of their soapboxes.
                        Meanwhile the MSM is trying to shame those who don't go along with the insanity

Comment

Isn't that how most of this leftist absurdity starts, like "cisgender" and "Latinx," until the nonsense takes hold and becomes trendy? This just follows the coattails of the much broader leftist subject about gender. They call that the slippery slope.

Comment

This is the typical liberal dismissive response: "You all are making a mountain out of a molehill! It's a slippery slope argument!"

They did the same thing with gay marriage, white privilege, social justice warriors, etc. And then magically one day it was the norm and they all embraced it as "normal" and anyone who pointed it out before is "Racist! Bigot!"

Comment