Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

AOC helps illegals file for FEMA money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOC helps illegals file for FEMA money?

Recently FEMA has started providing financial reimbursement for funeral expenses for American citizens who died of the Chinese coronavirus totaling $7000 with a maximum of $35,000 for multiple family members.

This has enraged AOC who wants illegal immigrants to be included as well.

Now this is where it gets interesting.

Apparently she made a video in April telling people that there are ways to make this more "flexible" so as to include those ineligible (those in the country illegally), and proceeds to encourage people to get a friend or neighbor and "work with them to apply to FEMA" -- to get their help in filling out the forms so they can get the money[1].

Now, if they're here illegally, it won't matter who helps them fill out the forms. They're still ineligible. End of story.

Unless...

Unless, when they fill out the forms the friend or neighbor falsely claims a relationship to the deceased so that they can get the money. In fact, she declares that if you don't have anyone like that "to call my office directly and we can figure out the path that is easiest for you given the details of your case." What exactly can she do? Actually provide someone to help falsify a claim?

IOW, once again, we have AOC out there teaching people how to break the law. Previously it was to teach rioters how to avoid being identified and escape the police if they get spotted. When is she going to get charged with aiding and abetting?

1. My brother sent me an email about it saying they played AOC's video on Hannity and that I need to see it. So I set the DVR to record the rebroadcast where they play the video in question. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble finding it on the interwebz. Maybe AOC pulled it? In any case it is dated April 23, AOC is dressed in black with her hair in a bun with mostly empty white shelves immediately behind her.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

See:
    https://www.foxnews.com/transcript/d...gal-immigrants

starting at 2 minutes.

Comment

So where is the outrage at AOC teaching people how to steal?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Comment

Again, the pattern of what threads get silence is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Recently FEMA has started providing financial reimbursement for funeral expenses for American citizens who died of the Chinese coronavirus totaling $7000 with a maximum of $35,000 for multiple family members.
            That seems a bit misleading.

"There is no requirement for the deceased person to have been a U.S. citizen, non-citizen national, or qualified alien."

This has enraged AOC who wants illegal immigrants to be included as well.

Now this is where it gets interesting.

Apparently she made a video in April telling people that there are ways to make this more "flexible" so as to include those ineligible (those in the country illegally), and proceeds to encourage people to get a friend or neighbor and "work with them to apply to FEMA" -- to get their help in filling out the forms so they can get the money[1].

Now, if they're here illegally, it won't matter who helps them fill out the forms. They're still ineligible. End of story.
            It's not so much who fills out the forms, but who pays the funeral expenses and gets reimbursed.

So if they want to have a funeral for loved ones, and can't afford it, then a U.S. citizen, non-citizen national, or qualified alien can pay the expenses and get reimbursed by FEMA.

I'm not sure if it would also be possible to recover expenses already paid that way, but as she says, it may depend on "the details of your case".

Unless...

Unless, when they fill out the forms the friend or neighbor falsely claims a relationship to the deceased so that they can get the money. In fact, she declares that if you don't have anyone like that "to call my office directly and we can figure out the path that is easiest for you given the details of your case." What exactly can she do? Actually provide someone to help falsify a claim?

IOW, once again, we have AOC out there teaching people how to break the law. Previously it was to teach rioters how to avoid being identified and escape the police if they get spotted. When is she going to get charged with aiding and abetting?
            Once again, we have right-wingers trying to smear AOC by baselessly alleging that she's trying to encourage people to break the law.

Comment

Talk about misleading... you quote the bullet point about the deceased person which is right below the bullet point describing who is potentially eligible to receive these benefits:
              • The applicant must be a U.S. citizen, non-citizen national, or qualified alien who incurred funeral expenses after January 20, 2020.
              Therefore, if someone is not a U.S. citizen, non-citizen national, or qualified alien, then they should not be requesting these benefits.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Talk about misleading... you quote the bullet point about the deceased person which is right below the bullet point describing who is potentially eligible to receive these benefits:
                • The applicant must be a U.S. citizen, non-citizen national, or qualified alien who incurred funeral expenses after January 20, 2020.
                Therefore, if someone is not a U.S. citizen, non-citizen national, or qualified alien, then they should not be requesting these benefits.
                Exactly. That's what AOC was talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  ^^ roguereaction after having his right-wing outrage thread debunked

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

So you agree that she is telling the people who are ineligible for the benefits how to get around the restrictions.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I would say overall it's shady, if it isn't illegal. It's essentially "You aren't eligible to request, so, get someone to request for you."

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I would say overall it's shady, if it isn't illegal. It's essentially "You aren't eligible to request, so, get someone to request for you."
                        I suppose it could be shady, depending on the details of the case.

Comment

Except that both the deceased and person applying need a valid Social Security number. It is the first requirement listed.

Even your source says "qualified alien."

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

So you agree that she is telling the people who are ineligible for the benefits how to get around the restrictions.
                            I believe she's telling people who are ineligible to apply that there may be someone else who is eligible to apply,

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                              ^^juvie after he comments but before learning that by its nature (requiring valid Social Security numbers) it still excludes illegal immigrants

Comment