Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

AOC helps illegals file for FEMA money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
    As a heathen atheist skipping fruitfully along the highway to hell, I generally applaud these efforts to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women. But for that last, refusing to pay for a decent funeral means you're only depriving yourselves.
    And here I was just watching Conan the Barbarian (the original not the insipid remake) yesterday.

Tell folks that you'll give them money to bury someone no questions asked if they died of Covid and you just helped to establish a market for moving those sick and dying of a deadly infectious disease into the country.

Not being able to foresee supposed unintended consequences that aren't too hard to predict seems to be a specialty on the left for the last decade or so.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      And here I was just watching Conan the Barbarian (the original not the insipid remake) yesterday.
      And we've got cookies.

Tell folks that you'll give them money to bury someone no questions asked if they died of Covid and you just helped to establish a market for moving those sick and dying of a deadly infectious disease into the country.

Not being able to foresee supposed unintended consequences that aren't too hard to predict seems to be a specialty on the left for the last decade or so.
      You relied on a Hannity broadcast for your latest partisan screed attacking the right-wing's targeted-woman-of-color-du-jour. And after it's debunked, you reel out yet another conspiracy theory.

I applaud the shamelessness.

Did I mention the cookies?

Comment

And we've got cookies.
        Lao.gif
        The Devil's Baker.

You relied on a Hannity broadcast for your latest partisan screed attacking the right-wing's targeted-woman-of-color-du-jour. And after it's debunked, you reel out yet another conspiracy theory.

I applaud the shamelessness.

Did I mention the cookies?
        I'm generally in bed or heading that way when Hannity would be on. If not the TV is off by that point.

I don't think I've seen or heard Hannity this year.

No. I relied on something that just isn't very common these days. Common sense. If you start handing out checks to the relatives of anybody who died in the U.S. of the Chicom coronavirus, you're gonna find the same people who smuggle drugs and people into the country also smuggling the sick and dying into it as well. This ain't rocket surgery.

But please do continue calling me a racist because I have committed the offense of pointing out that we have a Congresswoman helping people illegally in the country scam the taxpayers out of money.

ETA: My bad. Hannity is on at 9. I'm generally heading to bed by 10. Still the TV is off by then and the fact that I didn't know what time he's on is an indication of how much I "rely" on him.
        Last edited by rogue06; 05-30-2021, 07:58 AM.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
          That it's outdated is just a guess...
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Stoic: "The FAQ is obviously incorrect. Probably out of date."

If you can think of a more likely reason for the FAQ being wrong, I'm willing to hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
              What you can tell is that the program is intended to help certain people with funeral expenses when a loved one dies of covid.
              Exactly.

They didn't limit the deceased to that same group of people because its possible for someone to have a family member, such as a spouse or stepchild, that is not part of that group.
              And they did not limit the program to family members of the deceased, probably because it's possible to love someone who is not a family member.

What AOC is doing is gaming the system. She is showing people how to circumvent the intended limitations. It may not be illegal, but is at odds with the intentions. Similar to how rich people avoid taxes through loopholes.
              She is showing people that we won't refuse to help with funeral expenses just because some of the people who loved the deceased are undocumented.

The money is going to the funeral home (or mortuary, crematorium, cemetery, etc), not the applicant. It is simply passing through the applicant's hands. (Money is fungible, as Rand Paul likes to say.)

Comment

She is showing people that we won't refuse to help with funeral expenses just because some of the people who loved the deceased are undocumented.
                She is teaching people who are in the country illegally how to rip off the tax payer plain and simple.

Comment

The money is going to the funeral home (or mortuary, crematorium, cemetery, etc), not the applicant. It is simply passing through the applicant's hands. (Money is fungible, as Rand Paul likes to say.)
                  She is deliberately steering people through loopholes and trying to circumvent the intention of the restrictions.

Comment

Stoic: "The FAQ is obviously incorrect. Probably out of date."

If you can think of a more likely reason for the FAQ being wrong, I'm willing to hear it.
                    Give it up, man. I see no reason to think the FAQ is wrong, and you conceded that you're just guessing that it is, so there's nowhere left for this debate to go.

Comment

Give it up, man. I see no reason to think the FAQ is wrong, and you conceded that you're just guessing that it is, so there's nowhere left for this debate to go.
                      I showed that the FAQ is wrong. If you don't want to argue the point, don't.

(Your claim that I conceded that I'm just guessing that it is wrong is patently false. And that appears to be intentional.)

Comment

She is teaching people who are in the country illegally how to rip off the tax payer plain and simple.
                        You're interpreting it through the lens of your ADS, so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

She is deliberately steering people through loopholes and trying to circumvent the intention of the restrictions.
                          Loopholes aren't really the problem. She's telling folks who are not eligible to get someone who is eligible to "help" them with the paperwork. But if you are ineligible it won't matter if someone helps you or not. You're still ineligible. The only way that someone who is eligible can "help" someone who isn't eligible with the paperwork would be to lie and pretend they're the next of kin.

She is encouraging fraud.

Comment

I showed that the FAQ is wrong.
                            "That it's outdated is just a guess..."
                            -Stoic

Comment

I know you are smart enough to know that "That it's outdated is just a guess" in different from "I'm just guessing it is wrong", especially since I already explained it for those short of intelligence.

So I'm going to make use of the ignore list now.

Comment

Loopholes aren't really the problem. She's telling folks who are not eligible to get someone who is eligible to "help" them with the paperwork. But if you are ineligible it won't matter if someone helps you or not. You're still ineligible. The only way that someone who is eligible can "help" someone who isn't eligible with the paperwork would be to lie and pretend they're the next of kin.

She is encouraging fraud.
                                What we need is someone like Project Veritas, but with credibility, to try and catch them encouraging people to commit fraud.

Comment