Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Leftists Love Gun Crimes....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Leftists Love Gun Crimes....

    The insanity of the left is breathtaking...

    California May Soften Gun Crime Laws, Citing Impact On People Of Color

    A California state assembly committee gave its stamp of approval on April 27 to legislation that would significantly soften sentences for people convicted of some firearm offenses, with proponents saying laws against using guns in the commission of crimes disproportionately affect people of color.

    The Assembly Public Safety Committee voted 6-2 to approve the Anti-Racism Sentencing Reform Act, though the proposal still has several hurdles to clear before becoming law.

    https://www.dailywire.com/news/calif...eople-of-color
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

  • #2
    Originally posted by seer View Post
    The insanity of the left is breathtaking...
    It does sound insane but I'd like to know what is meant by "some firearm offenses"

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      It does sound insane but I'd like to know what is meant by "some firearm offenses"

      AB 1509, as amended, Lee. Enhancements: firearms.

      Existing law imposes various sentence enhancements, consisting of additional and consecutive terms of imprisonment, including, among others, enhancements for being armed with a firearm during the commission of a felony, being armed with a firearm during the commission of a street gang crime, as defined, being armed with ammunition designed to penetrate armor during the commission of a felony, furnishing a firearm to another for the purpose of aiding, abetting, or enabling that person to commit a felony, and using a firearm during the commission of a felony, and the infliction of great bodily injury on any other person during the commission of a felony.
      This bill would repeal those enhancements and make conforming changes.

      Existing law imposes a sentence enhancement in the state prison of 10 years for personally using a firearm in the commission of specified felonies, 20 years for personally and intentionally discharging a firearm in the commission of those felonies, and 25 years to life for personally and intentionally discharging a firearm and causing great bodily injury or death to any other person during the commission of those felonies.
      This bill would reduce those enhancements to 1, 2, and 3 years, respectively.

      Existing law imposes a sentence enhancement of 5, 6, or 10 years in the state prison for, with intent to inflict great bodily injury or death, discharging a firearm from a motor vehicle in the commission of a felony and inflicting great bodily injury or death in the commission of a felony.
      This bill would reduce that enhancement to 1, 2, or 3 years in the state prison.

      https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...02120220AB1509
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by seer View Post


        AB 1509, as amended, Lee. Enhancements: firearms.

        Existing law imposes various sentence enhancements, consisting of additional and consecutive terms of imprisonment, including, among others, enhancements for being armed with a firearm during the commission of a felony, being armed with a firearm during the commission of a street gang crime, as defined, being armed with ammunition designed to penetrate armor during the commission of a felony, furnishing a firearm to another for the purpose of aiding, abetting, or enabling that person to commit a felony, and using a firearm during the commission of a felony, and the infliction of great bodily injury on any other person during the commission of a felony.
        This bill would repeal those enhancements and make conforming changes.

        Existing law imposes a sentence enhancement in the state prison of 10 years for personally using a firearm in the commission of specified felonies, 20 years for personally and intentionally discharging a firearm in the commission of those felonies, and 25 years to life for personally and intentionally discharging a firearm and causing great bodily injury or death to any other person during the commission of those felonies.
        This bill would reduce those enhancements to 1, 2, and 3 years, respectively.

        Existing law imposes a sentence enhancement of 5, 6, or 10 years in the state prison for, with intent to inflict great bodily injury or death, discharging a firearm from a motor vehicle in the commission of a felony and inflicting great bodily injury or death in the commission of a felony.
        This bill would reduce that enhancement to 1, 2, or 3 years in the state prison.

        https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...02120220AB1509


        I mean, ?!?!

        From that it sounds like if someone robbed a gas station and shot the attendant leaving him maimed or even dead, all they can do is add three years to whatever the person got from robbing the place.

        I doubt that is correct, since, if nothing else one can merely charge him with both murder/manslaughter and the robbery and go after the fact he committed multiple serious felonies

        I'm always still in trouble again

        "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

        Comment


        • #5
          wow
          "Neighbor, how long has it been since youíve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?Ē

          Comment


          • #6
            So, you have to wonder --- who are the people leaving California, and who are the people staying?

            Seems like law abiding citizens would want out, but the criminals would enjoy the additional coddling.
            "Neighbor, how long has it been since youíve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?Ē

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              So, you have to wonder --- who are the people leaving California, and who are the people staying?

              Seems like law abiding citizens would want out, but the criminals would enjoy the additional coddling.
              If that's all you have left as a constituency

              I'm always still in trouble again

              "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                If that's all you have left as a constituency
                There are signs all over Texas that declare

                cale Texas.jfif
                "Neighbor, how long has it been since youíve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?Ē

                Comment


                • #9
                  Soooooo.... Let me get this straight.

                  Guns are a uniquely dangerous thing that requires special permission to legally purchase, legally own, That many argue needs special insurance, background checks, and permits to own, carry, or conceal.

                  But, ACTUALLY using one in a crime is no worse than doing it any other way?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
                    Soooooo.... Let me get this straight.

                    Guns are a uniquely dangerous thing that requires special permission to legally purchase, legally own, That many argue needs special insurance, background checks, and permits to own, carry, or conceal.

                    But, ACTUALLY using one in a crime is no worse than doing it any other way?
                    And the fact that these policies will only increase gun crimes. Hence - Leftists love gun crimes.
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by seer View Post

                      And the fact that these policies will only increase gun crimes. Hence - Leftists love gun crimes.
                      I'll be honest. I don't think it will increase gun crimes. I would expect that the risk of extra time isn't that big of a deterrent. Guns are used for convenience, and avoided due to the general attention such a crime gets. I don't expect it's avoided due to the length of sentencing.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
                        Soooooo.... Let me get this straight.

                        Guns are a uniquely dangerous thing that requires special permission to legally purchase, legally own, That many argue needs special insurance, background checks, and permits to own, carry, or conceal.

                        But, ACTUALLY using one in a crime is no worse than doing it any other way?
                        Don't forget, it also matters who does the shooting and who gets shot. It all only matters if it can be exploited. The attempted stabbing last month in Ohio which ended in a police shooting is just such a case. Regardless of it being a tragic yet legitimate shooting there were more than a few people seeking to use this as a way to inflame tempers and stoke unrest.

                        And if the shootings can't be exploited, like all the blacks who get shot every week in the war zone that parts of Chicago are, since the left can't find any way to exploit them, they get largely ignore at the same time they ritually chant "Black Lives Matter" over and over.

                        Worse, these black deaths are "inconvenient" for the left. When the firearm-related homicide rate there gets brought up it is only natural to point out that Chicago has some of the strictest gun control laws, and anything showing that restrictive gun laws are utterly ineffective there isn't something they care to bring up.

                        So in the case of Chicago, as far as many on the left are concerned, those Black Lives DON'T Matter. Worse, they're largely contrary to the narrative that can't be questioned and is moving toward a true dogma.
                        Last edited by rogue06; 05-08-2021, 06:17 PM.

                        I'm always still in trouble again

                        "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          This is kinda of cutting off your nose to spite yourself, isn't it? In an attempt to not put black people in jail for using guns in crimes, they want to reduce the charges? Instead of reducing the crimes? Why not just pass a law saying any black criminals won't be charged at all? That will solve the problem completely right?

                          Comment

                          Related Threads

                          Collapse

                          Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by CivilDiscourse, Yesterday, 06:43 AM
                          9 responses
                          70 views
                          1 like
                          Last Post CivilDiscourse  
                          Started by CivilDiscourse, Yesterday, 06:27 AM
                          14 responses
                          55 views
                          0 likes
                          Last Post CivilDiscourse  
                          Started by seer, 06-17-2021, 11:25 AM
                          7 responses
                          70 views
                          0 likes
                          Last Post oxmixmudd  
                          Started by oxmixmudd, 06-17-2021, 11:16 AM
                          54 responses
                          327 views
                          1 like
                          Last Post eider
                          by eider
                           
                          Started by seanD, 06-16-2021, 11:57 PM
                          31 responses
                          188 views
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Gondwanaland  
                          Working...
                          X