Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

China's C19 Liability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

See: targeting specific groups rather than randomly killing off people including your supporters and those you might need.
    When you have over a billion mouths to feed, thinning out the population by a small percentage in order to test a new weapon is nothing, rogue. Win/win.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

So essentially your argument is that you don't believe a bunch of atheistic totalitarians are ruthless enough to sacrifice a couple million (and likely much less than that) of their billion and a half populated country for the reward of bringing western democratic countries to their knees. Got it.

You sure have a tendency to pick some strange hills to die on.
      If you take as hard of a hit as your enemies does then deliberately releasing it serves no purpose whatsoever.

It's like launching a nuclear strike against an enemy that includes targeting just as many sites in your own country as it does in your enemy's country.

Are you starting to get it?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If you take as hard of a hit as your enemies does then deliberately releasing it serves no purpose whatsoever.

It's like launching a nuclear strike against an enemy that includes targeting just as many sites in your own country as it does in your enemy's country.

Are you starting to get it?
        No I don't get it, because your arguments don't make sense. It's not at all like a nuclear strike. CCP can control the spread of a pandemic in their country a lot more effectively than western democratic countries because they have the luxury of their brutal totalitarianism. They can mitigate it by forcing their populace to comply to mandates better than western democracies. You sacrifice a few of your citizens (relative to your pop size) while bringing political, societal, and economic chaos to your enemies who can't deal with it as effectively as you can.

Starting to get it?

Comment

No I don't get it, because your arguments don't make sense. It's not at all like a nuclear strike. CCP can control the spread of a pandemic in their country a lot more effectively than western democratic countries because they have the luxury of their brutal totalitarianism. They can mitigate it by forcing their populace to comply to mandates better than western democracies. You sacrifice a few of your citizens (relative to your pop size) while bringing political, societal, and economic chaos to your enemies who can't deal with it as effectively as you can.

Starting to get it?
          You'd have far more success trying to herd a bunch of cats while drunk and blindfolded than you would directing and controlling a plague in a country the size of China. If they could do as you imagine, why wasn't the plague largely limited to west China where all the Uighurs are? It'd be cheaper and easier than using internment camps.

Y'all are seriously confusing being thoroughly evil and utterly ruthless with being completely insane, irrational and suicidal.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You'd have far more success trying to herd a bunch of cats while drunk and blindfolded than you would directing and controlling a plague in a country the size of China. If they could do as you imagine, why wasn't the plague largely limited to west China where all the Uighurs are? It'd be cheaper and easier than using internment camps.

Y'all are seriously confusing being thoroughly evil and utterly ruthless with being completely insane, irrational and suicidal.
            No, you're confusing a plausible scenario by a bunch atheistic totalitarians, and making it seem less plausible than it is with absurdly incorrect analogies, for reasons... I have no clue.

Comment

This wasn't the plague though, rogue, nor a nuclear weapon. It was a relatively harmless virus that only kills about 1% of those infected. And mostly the weak, old and useless (in a communist worker society). And yes, they can lock down their society pretty easily (which is exactly what they did) because the people have no rights.

Comment

No, you're confusing a plausible scenario by a bunch atheistic totalitarians, and making it seem less plausible than it is with absurdly incorrect analogies, for reasons... I have no clue.
                I'm not going to keep arguing this with someone who thinks that China is both omnipotent and beyond irrational.

Comment

I'm not going to keep arguing this with someone who thinks that China is both omnipotent and beyond irrational.
                  Now you're resorting to strawman arguments. How you think I'm arguing china is omnipotent means you lost the plot, bro.

Comment

Heck, they could have even thought it was less harmful than it was, basically the flu, and released it as a test and found out differently. There are a lot of possible ways the Chinese could have released it on purpose. I personally think it was accidental, but I can see ways it could have been on purpose.

The fact remains, once it was in the wild, the Chinese did everything to minimize to the world how harmful it was, and let it spread on purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

This wasn't the plague though, rogue, nor a nuclear weapon. It was a relatively harmless virus that only kills about 1% of those infected. And mostly the weak, old and useless (in a communist worker society). And yes, they can lock down their society pretty easily (which is exactly what they did) because the people have no rights.
                      I'm wondering if rogue is bothered by the fact Fauci and the NIAID may be tied into all this. The fact that medical science is involved might make rogue a bit uneasy?

Comment

CCP can control the spread of a pandemic in their country a lot more effectively than western democratic countries because they have the luxury of their brutal totalitarianism. They can mitigate it by forcing their populace to comply to mandates better than western democracies. You sacrifice a few of your citizens (relative to your pop size) while bringing political, societal, and economic chaos to your enemies who can't deal with it as effectively as you can.
                        There are the early reports of people being sealed into their homes to die, and furnaces working overtime to deal with the corpses.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

There are the early reports of people being sealed into their homes to die, and furnaces working overtime to deal with the corpses.
                          That just illustrates how evil they can be, not that they are completely insane, irrational and suicidal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Also, we don't really know how bad it was in their country because they're not being at all transparent about the data. For all we know, it may have been kept under control in a very specific location, and due to their brutal methods didn't spread as bad was we think. I'm assuming, since less than .002% of our population died from covid, it would have been about the same relative to their population size, but it may have even been significantly smaller.

Comment

That just illustrates how evil they can be, not that they are completely insane, irrational and suicidal.
                              I think anybody who is truly evil actually is insane and irrational.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I think rogue should instead embrace the idea it was intentional. Since we now know Fauci's group was funding "gain of function" research at that very same lab (though Fauci currently denies that it gain of function, I'm sure he'll change his tune yet again soon enough as the evidence mounts), an accidental release makes it more likely his group is culpable.

OTOH, if we assume the CCP intentionally released it, the argument can then be made that CCP independently took advantage of their research that was meant for good, to use it for evil.

Comment