Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Texas Democrat Resigns after Calling Tim Scott an ‘Oreo’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    Re the Twitter trend of "Uncle Tim" I would agree it was extremely inappropriate language with distasteful racial connotations.
    Thanks.

Not going to deal with the rest of your derail.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
      When Republicans get offended, Democrats resign in apology for having offended them.
      Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Examples of Democrats resigning after offending a Republican please.
      smiley waiting-impatient.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Those are not mutually exclusive positions. Free speech can be extremely inappropriate language with distasteful racial connotations.
        Yes, the biblical version is

Scripture Verse: 1 Cor 10:

23“All things are lawful,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful,” but not all things build up.

© Copyright Original Source

Just because you CAN say it doesn't mean you should.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The same thing here as well, largely because you couldn't find a character on TV that wasn't espousing the liberal party line as gospel, so they glommed onto the only one who wasn't. I suspect it was basically the same in Great Britain.
          You would also have to consider the political situation in England from the late 1940s with the increased immigration from former colonial countries and the economic problems which began manifesting in the 1950s. Despite an initial post war boom, from the early 1950s onwards Britain's economic growth was slower than that of other industrialised nations. The contrast in factory conditions prevalent in 1967 at the respective production plants for two iconic cars of the era, the Morris Mini and the Volkswagen Beetle, illustrate that.

As for the British sit-com the first transmissions began in 1965 on BBC. A public broadcasting corporation that has since, at least the 1960s, been accused of being both the mouth piece of the Establishment and a hotbed of Marxists and assorted "Lefties" depending on who was making the accusation and their own political persuasion.
          "It ain't necessarily so
          The things that you're liable
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life
          Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Thanks.

Not going to deal with the rest of your derail.
            Why is responding your comments a derail?
            "It ain't necessarily so
            To read in the Bible
            It ain't necessarily so
            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Why is responding your comments a derail?
              Because you are prone to wander.

Comment

You would also have to consider the political situation in England from the late 1940s with the increased immigration from former colonial countries and the economic problems which began manifesting in the 1950s. Despite an initial post war boom, from the early 1950s onwards Britain's economic growth was slower than that of other industrialised nations. The contrast in factory conditions prevalent in 1967 at the respective production plants for two iconic cars of the era, the Morris Mini and the Volkswagen Beetle, illustrate that.

As for the British sit-com the first transmissions began in 1965 on BBC. A public broadcasting corporation that has since, at least the 1960s, been accused of being both the mouth piece of the Establishment and a hotbed of Marxists and assorted "Lefties" depending on who was making the accusation and their own political persuasion.
                It was a pretty hectic time in the U.S. during that time as well.

I'll never forget how my Jr. High wood shop instructor used to say, "As Archie Bunker once said..."

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Because you are prone to wander.
                  I addressed your remarks.

When, the past, I have ignored remarks in your posts, you have become irritated. So please make your mind up.

Or do not make comments you do not wish to be addressed.

"It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I addressed your remarks.
                    Thanks.

When, the past, I have ignored remarks in your posts, you have become irritated. So please make your mind up.
                    Your silly notion that I "become irritated" is... well... silly. And I'll respond however I wish given the circumstances.

Or do not make comments you do not wish to be addressed.
                    It's none of your business to tell me how to comment. You're just doing your thing where you have to turn everything (like the post to which I am responding) into a derail.

Comment

Your silly notion that I "become irritated" is... well... silly. And I'll respond however I wish given the circumstances.
                      No more "silly" than your contentions that I get irritated.

It's none of your business to tell me how to comment. You're just doing your thing where you have to turn everything (like the post to which I am responding) into a derail.

Oh the hypocrisy is quite stupendous. Have you looked at the posts on my police corruption thread that had absolutely nothing to do with the thread itself? Many of them were made by you. Whitened sepulchres abound on this site.

As to this thread, I made comments that were pertinent to your remarks.

If you do not want your comments to be addressed, do not make them. It's really very simple.
                      "It ain't necessarily so
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

No more "silly" than your contentions that I get irritated.
                        I contend that?

Comment

I contend that?
                          You do realize that the content of her post was 100% derail bait, right?

Comment

You do realize that the content of her post was 100% derail bait, right?
                            I would be shocked -- and stunned -- if she were to post ANYTHING other than serious dialogue. You are SO suspicious!!!

Comment

You are SO suspicious!!!
                              You say that like you have a point.

As you'un of all folks has prolly thunk it through by now, just because I tend to give posters the benefit of the doubt doesn't mean I actually believe it.

Comment

You say that like you have a point.

As you'un of all folks has prolly thunk it through by now, just because I tend to give posters the benefit of the doubt doesn't mean I actually believe it.
                                Could you please post that little fella who looks like he gets it, then kinda looks confused, like "not so much"?

Comment