Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Texas Democrat Resigns after Calling Tim Scott an ‘Oreo’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

The fact that you decide to bring up a racist joke is rather telling.
    "I'm not racist, but..."
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

That's a decent apology. Good job on that.
      Yeah - i agree. But I'm find myself wondering when the last time I saw a republican apologize and resign on their own conscience over an inappropriate act ...
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
        That puts me in mind of a somewhat racist joke that was altered after 2008.

Question: What do you call a black man in a suit?

Answer: Mr President.
        Ah, liberals aren't even trying to hide it anymore, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
          When Republicans get offended, Democrats resign in apology for having offended them.

When Democrats get offended, Republicans get excited for having "triggered the libs".

The spinelessness of the Dems makes me sad, but so does the viciousness of the Republicans.
          "Spineless" for grovelling to his left base even though he basically implied most blacks aren't intelligent or articulate as whites. It's very telling you would call him spineless, but not surprising to me one bit. Leftists like you really show your true selves when the gloves come off.
          Last edited by seanD; 05-05-2021, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Yeah - i agree. But I'm find myself wondering when the last time I saw a republican apologize and resign on their own conscience over an inappropriate act ...

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

That's a decent apology. Good job on that.
              It was definitely better than the typical non-apology where the politician blames those he insulted for being insulted because they never in a million years meant it that way.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Name?
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

When Republicans get offended, Democrats resign in apology for having offended them.

When Democrats get offended, Republicans get excited for having "triggered the libs".

The spinelessness of the Dems makes me sad, but so does the viciousness of the Republicans.
                  Weren't you the one who tried to argue a few years ago that "Uncle Tom" isn't really an offensive term?
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

The fact that you decide to bring up a racist joke is rather telling.
                    What is racist about that joke? It's not funny in the slightest, but I don't see how it's racist. It doesn't imply anything offensive about any groups.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Name?
                      Patrick Meehan

Comment

Examples of Democrats resigning after offending a Republican please.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

What is racist about that joke? It's not funny in the slightest, but I don't see how it's racist. It doesn't imply anything offensive about any groups.
                          I gotta agree. She did say that it was a racist joke that got altered.

Comment

It does assume that only a black president would wear a suit. That's how I read it.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                              It does assume that only a black president would wear a suit. That's how I read it.
                              And if a conservative had said it we'd be told that is the only way it could be meant.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                And if a conservative had said it we'd be told that is the only way it could be meant.
                                Yes.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment