Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Taliban launches huge Afghan offensive after deadline for U.S. pullout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

There is zero evidence linking COVID deaths to support for Trump.
    Support for Trump is directly linked to reduced mask wearing, gathering in large groups indoors, and vaccine hesitancy, all of which have in toto over the last year killed hundreds of thousands of people.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

There is zero evidence linking COVID deaths to support for Trump.
      Not exactly zero; it's just a little indirect. More infections leads to more deaths, and...

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/01/13/us/congressional-members-with-coronavirus.html

At least 66 members of the 117th Congress — more than one in nine— have tested positive for the coronavirus or are believed to have had Covid-19 at some point since the pandemic began. The list includes 45 Republicans and 21 Democrats.

© Copyright Original Source

Not too surprisingly, the only sitting member of congress to die from covid-19 was Ron Wright of Texas, a Trump supporter.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Support for Trump is directly linked to reduced mask wearing, gathering in large groups indoors, and vaccine hesitancy, all of which have in toto over the last year killed hundreds of thousands of people.
        Again, there is no direct link to Trump support and COVID deaths. You may infer if you'd like, but you'd simply be speculating.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          The group that has the highest percentage of those who refuse to take a vaccine are the same ones who consistently vote Democrat nearly 90% of the time
          What group would that be?

Comment

Again, there is no direct link to Trump support and COVID deaths. You may infer if you'd like, but you'd simply be speculating.
            Of course it's indirect. The people responsible for increasing the infection rate are not necessarily the people who die.

Comment

Its not speculation, its simply a reality that Trump policies and fielty has caused many individuals and regional governments, to forego good medical advice and that has increased the death toll significantly. The virus does what it does, and more spread equals more deaths. And policies and ideas that give the virus the opportunity to spread can only have as a consequence more deaths.

My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Of course it's indirect. The people responsible for increasing the infection rate are not necessarily the people who die.
                And there is no direct indication that the majority of people responsible for passing the virus are Trump supporters either.
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Its not speculation, its simply a reality that Trump policies and fielty has caused many individuals and regional governments, to forego good medical advice and that has increased the death toll significantly. The virus does what it does, and more spread equals more deaths. And policies and ideas that give the virus the opportunity to spread can only have as a consequence more deaths.
                  And that responsibility of policy making rests on the Governors' shoulders, not Trump's.
                  That's what
                  - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

[*Looks around at what is now going on in places like India, Brazil and elsewhere*]

I guess we can conclude that the world is in extreme deficit of "good leadership"
                    I think that is a given at this point.

Comment

And that responsibility of policy making rests on the Governors' shoulders, not Trump's.
                      Really? When fealty to Trump is THE measure of endorsement for campaigns. When fealty to Trump is THE measure of his base as to whether they vote for you or support your decisions in office? I don't think you can pass that buck BTC.

Comment

Really? When fealty to Trump is THE measure of endorsement for campaigns. When fealty to Trump is THE measure of his base as to whether they vote for you or support your decisions in office? I don't think you can pass that buck BTC.
                        25 governors are Democrat. 4 of them are in the top 5 states in total deaths. Trump has nothing to do with that.
                        That's what
                        - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Do you believe that folks like Newsome or Cuomo give a rat's hind-end if Trump rallies his base against him in their states?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

I think that is a given at this point.
                            Absolutely. Though it is somewhat complicated. This article indicates some of it can be tied to letting their guard down too early, big and crowded religious festivals, big political rallies, and the fact the b.1.1.7 variant has taken over. India is a lot poorer nation, fewer resources to contain outbreaks, much higher population density - all things that enhance spread. I think it can serve as a lesson wrt what could have happened if there had not been as strong a pushback against those calling for earlier reopening, fewer lockdowns, and less mask restrictions. And a lesson to those that want to throw caution to the wind just because many of us are vaccinated.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/04/27/india-covid-surge-faq/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-56811315

Comment

Do you believe that folks like Newsome or Cuomo give a rat's hind-end if Trump rallies his base against him in their states?
                              Before I reply - please state explicitly why you have brought Newsome and Cuomo into the conversation so we can talk about the issue you actually have in mind.

Comment

Actually...

"LOCKDOWNS VS FREEDOM. Here’s one view showing impact on citizens from governmental Non-Pharmaceutical Intervention philosophies, and what lies in the wake. With these data, no significant impact on mortality, but a big (44%) unemployment difference, left group vs. right group."

E0jd533UcA0MNhw.jpg

"Because people cannot stop making Covid outcomes political, here are the death rates in all US states. Red are Republican governors, blue are Democrats. The rates are nearly identical. 161 on average for the blue states, 162 for the red states. Can we stop the gaslighting now?"

E0kkbqaUcAk95KS.jpg

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/scottm...anity-n2588968

And remember, the China flu death totals include people who died as a direct result of the China flu, who had the China flu but died from other causes, who died with flu like symptoms but no positive China flu diagnosis, and who died within 30 days of getting a China flu test regardless of the results.
                                Last edited by Mountain Man; 05-05-2021, 03:15 PM.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment