Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

John Sullivan - BLM Activist - Ashli Babbitt Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eider View Post
    A Question isn't a plea, and a siege isn't a violent mob,.
    When people start talking back loud, after a quiet question, you know there are 'sides'........

There were two murders...... that's very very bad.
    But .......'Patrolling armed guards with propensity to shoot....' look, in America, with 300 million guns all over the place, and open carry of long guns legal in some States, I wouldn't know which strutting nut was a traitor and which a lawful citizen, so please don't stop folks living in Europe asking simple questions, ok?

Armed Insurrection now!
    That sounds so much stronger than Insurrection...... you should have plonked 'armed' bin there in the first place.

Things is........ the day that you have a besieged city, or town, or village... in your country...... that'll be a siege.
    Um... Someone illegally took control of six blocks of downtown Seattle and starts shooting at folks who approach "their" independent autonomous zone resulting in two deaths, and you are trying to rationalize that with crap about there being "300 million guns all over the place, and open carry of long guns legal in some States." I mean what part of any of that justifies any of what they did? This was a textbook example of an armed insurgency. Certainly a far better one than where some guy put his feet up on Pelosi's desk and whatever it was Buffalo-man did in D.C. in January.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Like news you never noticed.......

6th-11th August 2011.
      The police shot Mark Duggan unlawfully.
      .....ever heard anything like this?
      Riots in London, W.Midlands, E.Midlands, Mersey, Yorkshire, Bristol, Manchester, and several other cities.

Pillaging, looting, assaults, murders, robberies, burglaries.

186 police injured,
      2815 homes and businesses destroyed.
      3000+ arrests,

Sieges to cities?
      I don't think so.......
      Come back to me when you have a riot that goes on for several months.

Get back to me when you have armed rioters take over a portion of the city and start killing those that approach "their" turf.

And over here the only time there were mass arrests was after the D.C. riot in January. When the left rioted for months on end police were ordered to stand down.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Yes, and the left here, along with the media (but I repeat myself) actually defend our riots as "mostly peaceful", and local mayors (as in Portland) tolerate and placate them. When Federal authorities are sent in to deal with them, the federal authorities are reviled as jack-booted thugs.
        And in the case of Seattle the mayor tolerated it when the rioters took over six blocks for several weeks and even started shooting and killing "trespassers." It was only after a few marched on her home and protested in front of it that she took action.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Get back to me when you have armed rioters take over a portion of the city and start killing those that approach "their" turf.
          Actually, that sounds like the "no go" zones of London controlled by Muslims (that are argued over, because some sources say such places don't exist).
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Do you not consider taking and holding over six city blocks in Seattle a "siege"?

Yes, that happened, too.
            I asked for sources so that I could read all about it. The replies caused me to feel like Oliver Twist when he asked if there was more.

I don't think it's like the USA here. When the riots hit the country in 2011 after Mark Duggans's shooting labour supporters didn't cheer for the criminal mobs and conservatives didn't rush to defend police. We don't divide like that over every incident.... or any incident.

The Brexit vote wasn't a labour conservative divide either. We are not so tribal. That's probably why we ask to see for ourselves.

Comment

Come back to me when you have a riot that goes on for several months.

And over here the only time there were mass arrests was after the D.C. riot in January. When the left rioted for months on end police were ordered to stand down.
              Your response to my simple request for sources tells me more about you than the incidents, rogue.

I want to review incidents my way, not yours .

But I can tell you that the BLM movement overflowed in to Britain and most other places.

Comment

And in the case of Seattle the mayor tolerated it when the rioters took over six blocks for several weeks and even started shooting and killing "trespassers." It was only after a few marched on her home and protested in front of it that she took action.
                Are there any sources about the shooting and killing of 'trespassers?

Comment

I asked for sources so that I could read all about it.
                  You are incapable of finding the Seattle battle yourself? It occurred pretty much over the entire summer. Portland, Oregon, as well.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Actually, that sounds like the "no go" zones of London controlled by Muslims (that are argued over, because some sources say such places don't exist).
                    Yeah..... They don't exist.
                    Private persons taking part in our 'Neighborhood Watch' initiatives don't become wicked Sharia law folks just because they are Muslims.

The only places I know of where districts are patrolled and justice dishes out by private groups is in Northern Ireland. Now that really is a dodgy place for strangers to wander. When I took those photos in Belfast I got spoken by a few groups and one cop.

Comment

Your response to my simple request for sources tells me more about you than the incidents, rogue.

I want to review incidents my way, not yours .

But I can tell you that the BLM movement overflowed in to Britain and most other places.
                      What search engine are you using? Because Google is highly one-sided and you will likely not find as much as on, for example, DogPile.

https://summit.news/2020/09/07/study...est-us-cities/

A new study out of Princeton University reveals that 48 out of the 50 largest cities in the United States have experienced riots associated with the Black Lives Matter movement since late May.
                      Despite the leftist media’s obsession with calling the fiery violence ‘mostly peaceful’, the data indicates that most cities are seeing some violent unrest.
                      The intent of the study appears to have been to bolster the ‘mostly peaceful’ narrative, as it notes that the perception of the trouble may have been influenced by “political orientation and biased media framing” as well as “disproportionate coverage of violent demonstrations.”
                      The findings are difficult to ignore, however, with almost every major city having experienced rioting.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/06/the-as...h-about-riots/

America’s most influential media stylebook is discouraging the nation’s newspapers from reporting on mass urban violence, on the grounds that writing about what’s happening is “stigmatizing.”

That’s right: The Associated Press Stylebook, whose standards are followed by countless outlets, last week announced new guidelines around reporting on riots.

After a “D’oh” definition of “riot,” the guidance preached: “Focusing on rioting and property destruction rather than underlying grievance has been used in the past to stigmatize broad swaths of people protesting against lynching, police brutality or for racial justice, going back to the urban uprisings of the 1960s.”

https://americanmilitarynews.com/202...ce-group-says/

Over 2,000 police officers sustained injuries in the line of duty during the first weeks of demonstrations that began May 26 over the death of George Floyd while in custody of the Minneapolis Police Department one day prior.
                      The Major Cities Chiefs Association (MCCA), a professional organization of police leaders in the largest cities throughout the United States and Canada, released a report in October detailing the civil unrest that spread through MCCA members cities from May 25 to July 31, leading to 2,037 injured officers.

During that roughly two-month period, the report showed there were 8,700 demonstrations that occurred in 68 major cities and counties in the United States and Canada. In a single jurisdiction, the largest number of protests were in Los Angeles County and New York City, with each reporting over 1,000 events.
                      Of the 8,700 demonstrations, 574 were declared riots that included violence and other criminal activity. Ninety-four percent of major city police agencies dealt with a least one protest that included unlawful but non-violent acts, like disrupting a public roadway. For 79 percent of agencies, at least one demonstration involved violence, and about 72 percent reported officers harmed during protests.

While the report concludes that just 7 percent of demonstrations were violent and that most of the violent acts were committed by individuals or small groups, the staggering number of demonstrations were a challenge for law enforcement.
                      “Nonetheless, the sheer volume of protests, combined with the level of civil disobedience and existence of some ultra-violent events, created an extraordinarily challenging environment for law enforcement agencies,” the report stated.
                      The MCCA based their findings on law enforcement accounts of the protests from each jurisdiction, with the scope being limited to the experience of police in MCCA affiliated cities.

The organization represents 78 of the largest law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and Canada. The MCCA serves 79.9 million people and includes a workforce of 251,082 officers and non-commissioned personnel.
                      The majority of cities that experienced civil unrest this year are members of MCCA. Of those cities, Houston had the largest number of people in a single event with 60,000 demonstrators. More than 62 percent of Portland, Oregon, demonstrations included violence, with more than 100 consecutive nights of riots.
                      The demonstrations also included 2,385 looting incidents, 624 arson incidents, and 97 police cars burned. The most common types of weapons used by demonstrators during violent attacks were rocks, bricks, frozen water bottles, fireworks, and wooden, metal, or plastic bats.
                      “One agency reported dumpsters, trash cans, trees, furniture and vehicles being set on fire,” the report stated. “In many cities, city hall, as well as other iconic public buildings and federal courthouses were targets of arson.”
                      Throughout the 10 weeks listed in the report, over 16,200 people were arrested for crimes related to the demonstrations, but more than half of the police agencies said local attorneys declined to prosecute the cases.
                      The report stated that, “In some instances, prosecutors refused to charge those arrested for felony crimes committed during the protests despite the availability of video evidence and suspect confessions.”

That's just 3 of a long list that I found on DogPile.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I asked for sources so that I could read all about it. The replies caused me to feel like Oliver Twist when he asked if there was more.

I don't think it's like the USA here. When the riots hit the country in 2011 after Mark Duggans's shooting labour supporters didn't cheer for the criminal mobs and conservatives didn't rush to defend police. We don't divide like that over every incident.... or any incident.

The Brexit vote wasn't a labour conservative divide either. We are not so tribal. That's probably why we ask to see for ourselves.
                        The interwebz are designed for just such a query. What you're asking for is a lot of information that is pretty much spread out and not available by just clicking a couple links. In fact nearly everything you'd likely be interested in was linked to here at Tweb, but again, it is spread out over multiple threads that can go on for numerous pages each.

If you're truly interested and not just seeking to hand wave something off by saying well America has a lot of guns or something similar, then I wish you the best of luck because it is too much of a hassle for me to do for you.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

What search engine are you using? Because Google is highly one-sided and you will likely not find as much as on, for example, DogPile.
                          Another problem is the number of sources bound and determined to pretend that it was "mostly peaceful" even while one of their reporters stands on a street where several buildings are engulfed in flames including the one they're standing in front of.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Google one sided?
                            Which side do you claim that Google supports?

Do you claim that DogPile is detached and without bias?

That's just 3 of a long list that I found on DogPile.
                            Yeah..... I read the pieces.

Previously I asked for sources about sieges and murders .

Have you anything?

Comment

The interwebz are designed for just such a query. What you're asking for is a lot of information that is pretty much spread out and not available by just clicking a couple links. In fact nearly everything you'd likely be interested in was linked to here at Tweb, but again, it is spread out over multiple threads that can go on for numerous pages each.

If you're truly interested and not just seeking to hand wave something off by saying well America has a lot of guns or something similar, then I wish you the best of luck because it is too much of a hassle for me to do for you.
                              So no sources about the shooting of or murdering of trespassers.
                              OK.

Comment

Google one sided?
                                Which side do you claim that Google supports?

Do you claim that DogPile is detached and without bias?

Yeah..... I read the pieces.

Previously I asked for sources about sieges and murders .

Have you anything?
                                I thought you were looking for sources for riots. The other guys have given you evidence regarding sieges and murders and I think you are obviously able to look those things up yourself. And since you don't like my question about your search engine, I will gather that you are not interested in alternate sources for your information.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment