Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

John Sullivan - BLM Activist - Ashli Babbitt Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Sullivan - BLM Activist - Ashli Babbitt Shooting

For those who want to believe that the Capitol Riot was entirely a "right wing thing", this might be of interest.

sullivan.jpg

BLACK Lives Matter activist John Sullivan was arrested by the FBI on January 14, due to his alleged involvement in the Capitol riots.

Sullivan's arrest comes as the FBI continues it crackdown on rioters who participated in the attempted Capitol siege to protest Joe Biden's presidential victory.

Who is BLM activist John Sullivan?

John Sullivan is an activist from Utah.

Sullivan allegedly uses aliases such as “Activist X,” “Activist John,” and “Jayden X."

He is the founder of Insurgence USA, a Utah-based group set up in 2020 to protest police brutality, with the goal of the "unification of our nation because a people united will never be divided."

Sullivan was arrested on January 14, and charged in federal court in the District of Columbia with civil disorder, being in a restricted area and disorderly conduct.

His name made headlines after he appeared on CNN to chat with Anderson Cooper regarding the video he captured of Ashli Babbitt being shot by Capitol police.

According to Max Blumenthal, an editor at The Grayzone, he claims Sullivan is best known among the left-wing crowd "for his propensity for inspiring chaos, engaging in counterproductive tactics that often trigger arrests, and consistently undermining BLM objectives.”

Why was he arrested by the FBI?

Sullivan was arrested by the FBI for his alleged involvement in the January 6 Capitol riots.

Sullivan has denied the charges against him and claims he attended the riots to "document" the deadly siege.

However, In the videos he documented he's allegedly heard egging the pro-Donald Trump rioters in the footage of the attack.

Now, before certain posters get their noses out of joint wailing about the validity of this claim -- I'm simply posting it here for discussion.
    I had not heard, before today, of this John Sullivan, his alleged association with BLM, or his alleged part in the Capitol Riot.
    Attached Files
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Ok, owing to the prodigious profanity, I'm not going to link to the famous Chris Rock video about how to not get your hind-parts kicked by the po-leece, but I have to note that the guy pictured in the OP bears a striking resemblance to the "crazy friend" in said video.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
      Ok, owing to the prodigious profanity, I'm not going to link to the famous Chris Rock video about how to not get your hind-parts kicked by the po-leece, but I have to note that the guy pictured in the OP bears a striking resemblance to the "crazy friend" in said video.
      That's his booking picture, so maybe he was stoned or something. As we say in Texas, "he actually cleans up quite well".

cleaned up.jpg
      Attached Files
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

For those who want to believe that the Capitol Riot was entirely a "right wing thing", this might be of interest.

sullivan.jpg

BLACK Lives Matter activist John Sullivan was arrested by the FBI on January 14, due to his alleged involvement in the Capitol riots.

Sullivan's arrest comes as the FBI continues it crackdown on rioters who participated in the attempted Capitol siege to protest Joe Biden's presidential victory.

Sullivan allegedly uses aliases such as “Activist X,” “Activist John,” and “Jayden X."

He is the founder of Insurgence USA, a Utah-based group set up in 2020 to protest police brutality, with the goal of the "unification of our nation because a people united will never be divided."

Sullivan was arrested on January 14, and charged in federal court in the District of Columbia with civil disorder, being in a restricted area and disorderly conduct.

His name made headlines after he appeared on CNN to chat with Anderson Cooper regarding the video he captured of Ashli Babbitt being shot by Capitol police.

According to Max Blumenthal, an editor at The Grayzone, he claims Sullivan is best known among the left-wing crowd "for his propensity for inspiring chaos, engaging in counterproductive tactics that often trigger arrests, and consistently undermining BLM objectives.”

Sullivan was arrested by the FBI for his alleged involvement in the January 6 Capitol riots.

Sullivan has denied the charges against him and claims he attended the riots to "document" the deadly siege.

However, In the videos he documented he's allegedly heard egging the pro-Donald Trump rioters in the footage of the attack.

Now, before certain posters get their noses out of joint wailing about the validity of this claim -- I'm simply posting it here for discussion.
        I had not heard, before today, of this John Sullivan, his alleged association with BLM, or his alleged part in the Capitol Riot.
        I remember him popping up, I remember him making that claim. It made a great counterpoint to Shuny's white supremacists behind BLM riots conspiracy theory.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
          I remember him popping up, I remember him making that claim. It made a great counterpoint to Shuny's white supremacists behind BLM riots conspiracy theory.
          I remember rumors, but I don't recall that there was actual evidence, or that he had actually been arrested as a BLM guy inciting a riot at the Capitol.

But, I guess you could say he was "mostly peaceful", so...

Comment

sullivan.jpg

IIRC, I brought him up previously and in spite of his track record of being active in left-wing causes, they try to dismiss him as a right-wing mole now and saying that they have kicked him out of the leftwing.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              IIRC, I brought him up previously and in spite of his track record of being active in left-wing causes, they try to dismiss him as a right-wing mole now and saying that they have kicked him out of the leftwing.
              So, maybe QAnonBlueAnon?

Comment

That video, in spite of Rock's notorious profanity-laced language, ought to be mandatory viewing for all school children over the age of 12 just before Summer recess.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It was a thread started by CD: Left-wing Activist Charged in Capitol Riot and ff was the one who posted a link indicating how the left is trying to distance themselves from this fellow traveler
                  Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                  Who is John Sullivan?

For the past week, Sullivan’s presence in the Capitol, and his previous record of anti-Trump activism, has been the focus of frenzied attention in the right-wing media, where the baseless conspiracy theory that pro-Trump rioters were led into violence by left-wing antifascist agitators lives on.

At the same time, left-wing organizers have been keen to stress that they ejected Sullivan from their ranks months ago, accusing him of being either a right-wing infiltrator or a dangerously naive amateur.
                  https://theintercept.com/2021/01/14/341260/

And the pirate and my response:

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Sounds like the left is just as interested in distancing themselves from this guy as the right was in trying to distance themselves from the people who stormed the Capitol. Point: Nobody is saying this guy was a leader of the riot (a point they keep trying to argue against that nobody has made) It is just being pointed out that there was at least one leftwinger there agitating and inciting the rioters.
                  How exactly does one go about ejecting someone from being a leftist though? And how does one kick out the founder of a leftwing group, Insurgence USA (a "social justice" group that calls itself anti-fascist and protests police brutality) from leftwing groups (ironic that a group with a name like that is complaining about "insurrection")?

Comment

If he came up with this slogan himself....

with the goal of the "unification of our nation because a people united will never be divided."

...then he's not the sharpest crayon in the socket.

Comment

The crazy guy was (as far as I can tell) Darnell from My Name is Earl. (great show)

Comment

It's one of the worst kept secrets in Washington that "representatives" from Black Lives Matter and Antifa were directly involved in the January 6 Capital Hill incident.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

That's his booking picture, so maybe he was stoned or something. As we say in Texas, "he actually cleans up quite well".

cleaned up.jpg
                          I think Joe Biden says that, too. Or wait ... Joe thought that was a pic of Obama.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I think Joe Biden says that, too. Or wait ... Joe thought that was a pic of Obama.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

But a photo doesn't indicate whether or not he's articulate.

Comment