Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hilary dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    FWIU the government hired Stanley Kubrick to direct the fake footage of the moon landing, but he was such a perfectionist that he insisted that they shoot on location.
    Yeah, back when I was working with Deke Slayton on his "mobile classroom" project (along with astronaut Walter Cunningham) it was amazing when these guys would kick back and go into "story telling time". Deke had gone through some calculations on the number of people involved with the space program (I have that list somewhere - the different agencies and companies, etc.) who would have had to remain quiet about "the hoax", and that it would, by far, be the best kept secret on the face of the planet.

Cunningham had a radio program - Liftoff to Logic - on KSEV 700 AM, Houston, where he would often get calls from people wanting him to admit the moon landings were faked.

One guy accused Cunningham of "denying the truth because you're an atheist!"

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

FWIU the government hired Stanley Kubrick to direct the fake footage of the moon landing, but he was such a perfectionist that he insisted that they shoot on location.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I really don't get the moon landing controversy. I do remember, was it "Capricorn One"?, that was a movie about a fake moon landing, and how they managed it?

But my own CPA back then, who retired from the Treasury Department, was absolutely convinced that we never went to the moon, and it would be "revealed shortly" what a terrible hoax this was on the American people.

The guy seemed totally sane and intelligent in all other respects - but challenging that "we never went to the moon" narrative would cause his face to get red, his eyes narrow --- all the symptoms of a man ready to get into a physical battle.

He passed away about 5 years ago, never having recanted his "fake moon landing" claims.

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied
    Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    Her sister does not at all come across as a loon. That's why we were both gobsmacked to hear this theory. It's like suddenly discovering in the course of routine conversation that a person you've long regarded as intelligent and apparently normal believes the moon landings were faked.
    I mentioned elsewhere that my brother floored me a few weeks ago by saying he believes global billionaires - in cahoots with the US government - are kidnapping children and torturing and killing them. Because they are so filthy rich that they need to find new experiences. When I told him that his theory goes against human nature, he said I was simply "projecting." Huh?

I think my bro is beginning to deteriorate, and it pains me.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

First day of a class early last year (before we went remote), I had a student tell the class the moon landings were faked. After giving him some room to back off, asking if he was just trying to be "edgy," I waxed on the reflectors we left on the moon to bounce lasers off of, that were responsible for the amazingly accurate distance measurements we have today. Despite my best efforts he became increasingly sullen and dropped the class the next day.

I'm still bothered by the fact I wasn't able to turn him around gracefully. I don't know what else I could have done, but I'm certain there must have been a way, and I just missed it.
    I really don't get the moon landing controversy. I do remember, was it "Capricorn One"?, that was a movie about a fake moon landing, and how they managed it?

But my own CPA back then, who retired from the Treasury Department, was absolutely convinced that we never went to the moon, and it would be "revealed shortly" what a terrible hoax this was on the American people.

The guy seemed totally sane and intelligent in all other respects - but challenging that "we never went to the moon" narrative would cause his face to get red, his eyes narrow --- all the symptoms of a man ready to get into a physical battle.

He passed away about 5 years ago, never having recanted his "fake moon landing" claims.

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied
    My best friend's older sister told her Hilary had been secretly arrested, tried for treason (and maybe murder), found guilty, and, at her own choice, hanged. All news media, including Fox, OANN, and Newsmax, are engaged in a cover-up of these facts. Any recent pictures or videos supposedly of Hil are actually faked.

We're wondering where an otherwise intelligent lady finds and imbibes this sort of nuttery.
    Quite honestly, your headline caused me to shiver. I don't know why.

Hillary would prefer to sacrifice the world to save herself, so that right there should collapse that conspiracy.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

The real scandal was when Hilary faked the climb up Mount Everest.
    I heard that his guide, Tenzing Norgay, went it alone while Hillary sat at the base sipping tea and nibbling on crumpets.

Ironic, that you brought him up though because one of Hillary's (Clinton that is) favorite stories was how she was named after the intrepid explorer. One would think given how she's "the smartest woman in America" that she would have noticed at some point that he didn't make the climb until 1953 and she was born in 1947. So if she were named after Edmund Hillary, it was back when he was still an unknown beekeeper. Anwho... this all exploded in her face when during a trip to New Zealand, where Edmund Hillary is a national hero, she repeated this claim. She had the record set straight quite promptly.

Leave a comment:

• Juvenal
    replied
    Your friend's sister and her source need to share.
    The real scandal was when Hilary faked the climb up Mount Everest.

Leave a comment:

• Juvenal
    replied
    That's why we were both gobsmacked to hear this theory. It's like suddenly discovering in the course of routine conversation that a person you've long regarded as intelligent and apparently normal believes the moon landings were faked.
    First day of a class early last year (before we went remote), I had a student tell the class the moon landings were faked. After giving him some room to back off, asking if he was just trying to be "edgy," I waxed on the reflectors we left on the moon to bounce lasers off of, that were responsible for the amazingly accurate distance measurements we have today. Despite my best efforts he became increasingly sullen and dropped the class the next day.

I'm still bothered by the fact I wasn't able to turn him around gracefully. I don't know what else I could have done, but I'm certain there must have been a way, and I just missed it.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    My best friend's older sister told her Hilary had been secretly arrested, tried for treason (and maybe murder), found guilty, and, at her own choice, hanged. All news media, including Fox, OANN, and Newsmax, are engaged in a cover-up of these facts. Any recent pictures or videos supposedly of Hil are actually faked.

We're wondering where an otherwise intelligent lady finds and imbibes this sort of nuttery.
    Your friend's sister and her source need to share.

And I'll add that any sightings of Hillary from this point on will absolutely NOT be a bunch of squirrels (NSA or not) in a human suit.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by seanD View Post
    But it's not even plausible. It's not even remotely reasonable. The type of scrambled-brained nonsense theorizing she's doing that NorrinRadd is describing is just downright psychotic.
    Yup, and it's set up so that, even if I could show a video of Hillary at a fundraiser surrounded by supporters showing today's newspaper for "date stamp", it would be "a manufactured video - you know advanced computer graphics are!!!!".

Leave a comment:

• NorrinRadd
    replied
    Originally posted by seanD View Post
    Did some digging and apparently it's this guy, one "Michael Baxter," writing these ridiculous stories (though I doubt that's a real name). And of course the "fact-checkers" are doing America a great service by debunking the ridiculous stories.

Wish I was an expert investigator, because I'd love to find out who's Michael Baxter and their history.
    We need to get the "Hardly Boys" from the "Mystery of the Urinal Deuce" episode of South Park on the case.

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied
    Did some digging and apparently it's this guy, one "Michael Baxter," writing these ridiculous stories (though I doubt that's a real name). And of course the "fact-checkers" are doing America a great service by debunking the ridiculous stories.

Wish I was an expert investigator, because I'd love to find out who's Michael Baxter and their history.

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied
    I wish I'd been there to hear it directly. I'm an inveterate smart-ass and provocateur, so there's a good chance I'd have reacted with, "Ok, now pull the other one." Then I'd have had questions about where she heard it, who else in the family shared those beliefs, whether it was common among people at her church, and maybe a few other things.
    I've never heard anyone actually endorse it, but I have heard of it (or at least a version of it), so the theory is definitely out there in the interwebz. The fact folks buy into a wild theory like that with no proof is pretty scary. I think part of what separates a psychotic from a normal person is that the latter has enough reason ability to assess whether a theory is plausible or not. The former apparently can't do that. Unless it's something the internet itself (the blue screen inducing a type of brain malfunction?) is doing to folks.

Leave a comment:

• NorrinRadd
    replied
    I wish I'd been there to hear it directly. I'm an inveterate smart-ass and provocateur, so there's a good chance I'd have reacted with, "Ok, now pull the other one." Then I'd have had questions about where she heard it, who else in the family shared those beliefs, whether it was common among people at her church, and maybe a few other things.

Leave a comment: