Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hilary dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Something is having that effect. Sorry to say it, but Millennials are on average the dumbest generation in recent history. Modified foods? Chemicals in drinking water? Zombie schools?
    Probably more of that last one. At one of the schools I went to they actively went out of the way to hold back the kids who were doing well in school by putting them in "advanced classes" where you got to sit around doing nothing all day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
      Probably more of that last one. At one of the schools I went to they actively went out of the way to hold back the kids who were doing well in school by putting them in "advanced classes" where you got to sit around doing nothing all day.
      Yeah, public education in America is more about "everybody the same" than rewarding and encouraging excellence.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Wait, so GAnon isn't the one where they were purposely putting chemicals in the water to turn frogs gay?
        FLOAnoon is the one where they purposely put chemicals in your drinking water to "make your teeth stronger." Or wait ... they actually admit to that one.

https://wariscrime.com/new/hidden-history-fluoride/

Comment

When I was in elementary school, that was called MGM. I was in that group. We goofed off all day. And unsurprisingly, we all ended up doing drugs - mostly out of boredom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
            Okay, good start, you acknowledge being completely wrong about a key point in your claims.

But then you go back to making a bunch of what appear to be false claims:
            No source I have checked agrees with any of this. Ever single sentence of yours here appears to be false as far as I can determine. You appear to be making it all up, like you were the main claim that it happened in New Zealand and upset the New Zealand populace.

Snopes checked a few US papers and couldn't find anything. But people read magazines, get letters, and have plenty of sources of information other than a the newspapers Snopes happens to have checked. It's pretty much impossible for them to prove that negative.
            The only thing I got wrong was the location where Hillary humiliated herself by declaring that she was named after someone seven years before anyone ever heard of him.

As for your sad yet still somewhat amusing attempt to find some way where Hillary wasn't full of horse apples, and didn't fail at simple arithmetic despite being "the smartest woman in America", it is doomed to failure in that when her campaign finally fessed up they admitted it wasn't true, that it was nothing more than "a sweet family story her mother shared to inspire greatness in her daughter, to great results I might add"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

When I was in elementary school, that was called MGM. I was in that group. We goofed off all day. And unsurprisingly, we all ended up doing drugs - mostly out of boredom.
              I ended up leaving it pretty quickly due to boredom and other issues.

On the one hand I hate for anyone else having to go through it, but on the other I feel a bit less along knowing my school wasn't the only one pulling that kind of crap.

Comment

I ended up leaving it pretty quickly due to boredom and other issues.

On the one hand I hate for anyone else having to go through it, but on the other I feel a bit less along knowing my school wasn't the only one pulling that kind of crap.
                Our High School realized that the system had done such a lousy job teaching English that they decided to make all High School Freshmen take Remedial English, unless you passed a pretty low bar test. I passed. But, rather than ship me off to a "nothing class", they gave me the option of taking an elective, one of which was 'typing'.

I was quite resentful that I had to do something that (at the time) I knew I would never ever use, but when I sat down in class and realized I was the only dude with 29 girls!

We had a very... umm.... AGRESSIVE typing teacher, and by golly, I learned to type.... and have used that skill every day in business, including the computer business I started in 1978.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Our High School realized that the system had done such a lousy job teaching English that they decided to make all High School Freshmen take Remedial English, unless you passed a pretty low bar test. I passed. But, rather than ship me off to a "nothing class", they gave me the option of taking an elective, one of which was 'typing'.

I was quite resentful that I had to do something that (at the time) I knew I would never ever use, but when I sat down in class and realized I was the only dude with 29 girls!

We had a very... umm.... AGRESSIVE typing teacher, and by golly, I learned to type.... and have used that skill every day in business, including the computer business I started in 1978.
                  And here I just used Mario Teaches Typing that I borrowed from a friend since I wasn't in public school, and at the time we didn't have anything that could teach a person how to type. My mom used to have to do a lot of typing for her job, but she didn't know how to teach someone how to type. Despite all of that I now type faster than her.

Comment

... they gave me the option of taking an elective, one of which was 'typing'.
                    Here you are today ... TYPING!

Comment

And here you are today ... TYPING!
                      Every day of my life!

All because I was too smart to take Remedial English.

Comment

And here I just used Mario Teaches Typing that I borrowed from a friend since I wasn't in public school, and at the time we didn't have anything that could teach a person how to type. My mom used to have to do a lot of typing for her job, but she didn't know how to teach someone how to type. Despite all of that I now type faster than her.
                        I can still hear...

a s d f
                        j k l ;
                        return
                        ding
                        a s d f
                        j k l ;
                        return
                        ding
                        a s d f
                        j k l ;
                        return
                        ding
                        a s d f
                        j k l ;
                        return
                        ding....

Comment

I can still hear...

a s d f
                          j k l ;
                          return
                          ding
                          a s d f
                          j k l ;
                          return
                          ding
                          a s d f
                          j k l ;
                          return
                          ding
                          a s d f
                          j k l ;
                          return
                          ding....
                          and something about a quick brown fox....

Comment

• I took typing in High School in the 9th grade (in a class with just two guys and over half the cheerleading squad smiley dirtyflirt.gif) and typed using two fingers. The teacher warned me that I better change because nobody passes the class typing like that.

I ended up with a B. While typing with two fingers. And I still type that way.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              I took typing in High School in the 9th grade (in a class with just two guys and over half the cheerleading squad smiley dirtyflirt.gif) and typed using two fingers. The teacher warned me that I better change because nobody passes the class typing like that.

I ended up with a B. While typing with two fingers. And I still type that way.
                              I type with four fingers, but I can type pretty fast with them. I can type faster then I can think.

(I think I just threw myself under the bus)

Comment

and something about a quick brown fox....
                                Isn't it something like "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog"? IIRC it is supposed to be a sentence containing all of the letters of the alphabet.

Comment