Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hilary dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I've always had an easy time with those, and I assume it's because of my strabismus. It was corrected surgically, but I still have to make a conscious effort to focus my eyes together. If I just relax, they drift apart and I see double, even when looking at something far away.

OTOH, if I intentionally cross my eyes, like I'm trying to look at something closer, the pictures end up being inverted, with the parts that are supposed to be farther away appearing closer, and vice versa. So a whale looks like a whale-shaped hole, for example.
    Interesting.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

If I remember, somehow I just naturally looked "cross-eyed" at them, and they came quickly into focus.
      You know those "find the difference in these two pictures" things? Here is an easy way to do that. Look at the two side by side pictures cross-eyed until you see the overlapped picture in the middle, the differences will stand out easily, they will "shimmer".

hotspring-world-spot-the-difference-hot-tub-party-1523020152.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

You know those "find the difference in these two pictures" things? Here is an easy way to do that. Look at the two side by side pictures cross-eyed until you see the overlapped picture in the middle, the differences will stand out easily, they will "shimmer".

hotspring-world-spot-the-difference-hot-tub-party-1523020152.jpg
        I'll take your word on it although I spotted the ones I marked in 30 seconds doing it the old fashioned way.

image_49656.jpg

And noticed another (towel on side of hot tub) as I was posting it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Jake noticed right off that the girl in the hot tub was nekked.

(Though, these days, it's possible that's a guy)

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Jake noticed right off that the girl in the hot tub was nekked.

(Though, these days, it's possible that's a guy)
            All the dang-blasted barber shops are closed in his area!

Oh, and I just noticed #7.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I find that when I look at them wall-eyed, it's a little harder to focus, but the differences stand out a little better. (Interestingly, the two that I missed cross-eyed were two of the three that rogue didn't notice in 30 seconds.)

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                I'll take your word on it although I spotted the ones I marked in 30 seconds doing it the old fashioned way.

image_49656.jpg

You missed the blue striped chair and the champagne bottle cork
                Last edited by Sparko; 05-06-2021, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I find that when I look at them wall-eyed, it's a little harder to focus, but the differences stand out a little better. (Interestingly, the two that I missed cross-eyed were two of the three that rogue didn't notice in 30 seconds.)
                  There were 3 I didn't spot right away (I'm actually quite good at this sort of thing).

The towel I saw while posting.

The lawn chair I noticed when replying to Cow Poke

Probably spent 90 seconds. And just spent another minute but did not spot the last one.

Comment

You missed the blue striped chair
                    That the one I saw while responding to

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      There were 3 I didn't spot right away (I'm actually quite good at this sort of thing).

The towel I saw while posting.

The lawn chair I noticed when replying to Cow Poke

Probably spent 90 seconds. And just spent another minute but did not spot the last one.
                      bottle cork

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

bottle cork
                        Dang. And I kept returning to the hot tub because something seemed off.

Comment

Using my cross eyed technique I can see them all at once.

Comment

I'm pretty sure most of us see that as a swimming pool.

Comment

• You can also used the cross-eyed technique to see 3D photographs:

485067429_866c71dd6c_z.jpg

You can find a ton of those old 3D stereo photos online. Here is one of a woman using one of the stereo viewers:

interesting_picture-gmsr.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Using my cross eyed technique I can see them all at once.
                                Again. If you say so.

Comment