Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hilary dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I had this Deja Moon that you were gonna do that! Yes, in our last discussion about this sort of thing, that was one of your contributions!
    But I found a much better video, and with sound too! IIRC, the last time it was a cell phone vid taken from across the street.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yeah, the RUSSIANS!!!! When all else fails, the RUSSIANS!
      I have to limit my references to Russians anymore. SB says I am obsessed with them.

But, yeah -- I'm still amazed at the otherwise "normal" and "intelligent" people who are absolutely convinced we never went to the moon.
      It makes one want to jump in and start finding all the million faults with the conspiracy theory, but there are too many to even list.

THEN there's another crowd --- "The Moon - and why we don't go back there" --- with another whole conspiracy on the things we saw that made us never ever want to go back!
      Aliens told us to go home and stop polluting the cosmos?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
        Aliens told us to go home and stop polluting the cosmos?
        Worse - they were going to EAT us!

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah, back when I was working with Deke Slayton on his "mobile classroom" project (along with astronaut Walter Cunningham) it was amazing when these guys would kick back and go into "story telling time". Deke had gone through some calculations on the number of people involved with the space program (I have that list somewhere - the different agencies and companies, etc.) who would have had to remain quiet about "the hoax", and that it would, by far, be the best kept secret on the face of the planet.

Cunningham had a radio program - Liftoff to Logic - on KSEV 700 AM, Houston, where he would often get calls from people wanting him to admit the moon landings were faked.

One guy accused Cunningham of "denying the truth because you're an atheist!"
          Yeah, it was difficult for me to suspend disbelief when reading The Cassandra Project by Jack McDevitt and Michael Resnick, which is about a cover-up in the OPPOSITE direction (there were additional landings on the far side of the moon which were kept secret because the astronauts found evidence that Jesus was really a space alien trying to make peaceful contact).
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            Yeah, it was difficult for me to suspend disbelief when reading The Cassandra Project by Jack McDevitt and Michael Resnick, which is about a cover-up in the OPPOSITE direction (there were additional landings on the far side of the moon which were kept secret because the astronauts found evidence that Jesus was really a space alien trying to make peaceful contact).
            Oh my....

But this whole thing remined me....

The CPA guy who was otherwise a very intelligent sane person, and a member of my Church.... when he was "confiding in me" that the moon landing was a hoax...

That was the same period in my life when I was helping build out these "mobile classrooms" (essentially RVs with computer stations in them) -- and Deke and Cunningham were casually taking to each other -- I just happened to be in the room -- it wasn't like they were trying to convince me -- they were just talking among themselves.

So, quite honestly, I was beginning to think my CPA guy knew something 'secret', but hearing the actual astronauts talk about it snapped me back to reality.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I mentioned elsewhere that my brother floored me a few weeks ago by saying he believes global billionaires - in cahoots with the US government - are kidnapping children and torturing and killing them. Because they are so filthy rich that they need to find new experiences. When I told him that his theory goes against human nature, he said I was simply "projecting." Huh?

I think my bro is beginning to deteriorate, and it pains me.
              This has a sliver of truth though (it's even plausible theologically), the problem is that he's likely conflating several stories of pedophile rings involving rich and powerful men and just making a broad generalization about it.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                This has a sliver of truth though (it's even plausible theologically)
                He is hearing this stuff online somewhere and there is no evidence whatsoever to back it up. He normally wouldn't base any speculation on someone else's unfounded conspiracy theory.

the problem is that he's likely conflating several stories of pedophile rings involving rich and powerful men and just making a broad generalization about it.
                Even the pedophile angle doesn't ring true. IMO, people's brains are wired early on and they don't change dramatically just for the sake of boredom. If someone is a pedophile then it was something ingrained early on (like childhood or DNA) and they don't suddenly say "I am going to molest that innocent kid over there and it will arouse me, because I'm bored." That doesn't mean there aren't pedophile billionaires, but they were always that way and not a convert through boredom.

But his scenario is that they are "torturing" and "killing" children, like something out of snuff film lore. That is not human nature. Only evil psychopaths can get any enjoyment out of that, and they aren't that common. IMO

Comment

He is hearing this stuff online somewhere and there is no evidence whatsoever to back it up. He normally wouldn't base any speculation on someone else's unfounded conspiracy theory.

Even the pedophile angle doesn't ring true. IMO, people's brains are wired early on and they don't change dramatically just for the sake of boredom. If someone is a pedophile then it was something ingrained early on (like childhood or DNA) and they don't suddenly say "I am going to molest that innocent kid over there and it will arouse me, because I'm bored." That doesn't mean there aren't pedophile billionaires, but they were always that way and not a convert through boredom.

But his scenario is that they are "torturing" and "killing" children, like something out of snuff film lore. That is not human nature. Only evil psychopaths can get any enjoyment out of that, and they aren't that common. IMO
                  His statement about pedophile rings is probably the truest part about his statement. Torturing and killing is a bit hyperbolic though.

There have been a slew of pedophile rings that have been exposed (i.e Epstein, the UN, EU officials, the UK, the Catholic church, etc.) involving some of the most unlikely (or unexpected) participants, many of whom were wealthy or powerful, or connections to wealthy and powerful folks. So we can only imagine the scandals that haven't been exposed and what takes place with these folks involved in these scandals.

So, since we know pedophile rings involving wealthy and powerful folks are a fact, and we know what scripture teaches about the innate wickedness of man (and the wealthier they are, the more wicked they are), all this is plausible. The mistake your friend is making is he's likely conflating all these stories and making broad and sweeping generalizations about it and garnishing it with hyperbole instead of giving specifics. So to most people who have never heard about these stories, the assertions seem even more extraordinary than it actually are.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

His statement about pedophile rings is probably the truest part about his statement. Torturing and killing is a bit hyperbolic though.

There have been a slew of pedophile rings that have been exposed (i.e Epstein, the UN, EU officials, the UK, the Catholic church, etc.) involving some of the most unlikely (or unexpected) participants, many of whom were wealthy or powerful, or connections to wealthy and powerful folks. So we can only imagine the scandals that haven't been exposed and what takes place with these folks involved in these scandals.
                    I don't know about all of those. What I recall about the Epstein case, these were mostly teenage girls and who weren't kidnapped. That doesn't make it right, but it's not the same as "children" being killed.

So, since we know pedophile rings involving wealthy and powerful folks are a fact, and we know what scripture teaches about the innate wickedness of man (and the wealthier they are, the more wicked they are), all this is plausible. The mistake your friend is making is he's likely conflating all these stories and making broad and sweeping generalizations about it and garnishing it with hyperbole instead of giving specifics. So to most people who have never heard about these stories, the assertions seem even more extraordinary than it actually are.
                    Molestation is more common than most people care to acknowledge, sure. But getting back to my brother (not a "friend") is he says they are doing this out of boredom. That they are so rich and can do anything, that this is what they need as diversion. Now say it is molestation and not murder, I still maintain that this is not something that is acquired through "boredom." Can "boredom" make you go from being sexually attracted to the opposite sex, to being sexually attracted to the same sex? It's like saying "I'm bored, so I am going to get aroused looking at that lamppost over there." You just can't dictate that sort of thing. It has to be instinctual.

Comment

Hillary Clinton's dead.
                      No, no, no, no, she's outside, looking in.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

My wife and I were watching the colorized version of Wizard of Oz when I read this, and they were singing "the witch is dead" song.

(I have a hard time with colorized classics -- maybe because I'm colorblind and it just makes them look funny)

Comment

My wife and I were watching the colorized version of Wizard of Oz when I read this, and they were singing "the witch is dead" song.

(I have a hard time with colorized classics -- maybe because I'm colorblind and it just makes them look funny)
                          You do realize that most of the movie is in color don't ya?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

You do realize that most of the movie is in color don't ya?
                            Oh, YEAH!!!!! I forgot --- the farm scenes are in B&W....

(right?)

Comment

Oh, YEAH!!!!! I forgot --- the farm scenes are in B&W....

(right?)
                              Anything in Kansas is B&W

Anything in Oz is color.

Comment

If you want to see something interesting colorized, someone took some old films from the streets of NYC from 1911. I think they added sound because even Hollywood couldn't make talkies in 1911. But on occasion you'll see parts of someone's clothes change from blue to brown.

One question arises out of watching this though. Was it a law that you had to wear a hat back then?

Comment