Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hilary dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    My best friend's older sister told her Hilary had been secretly arrested, tried for treason (and maybe murder), found guilty, and, at her own choice, hanged. All news media, including Fox, OANN, and Newsmax, are engaged in a cover-up of these facts. Any recent pictures or videos supposedly of Hil are actually faked.

We're wondering where an otherwise intelligent lady finds and imbibes this sort of nuttery.
    Quite honestly, your headline caused me to shiver. I don't know why.

Hillary would prefer to sacrifice the world to save herself, so that right there should collapse that conspiracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

First day of a class early last year (before we went remote), I had a student tell the class the moon landings were faked. After giving him some room to back off, asking if he was just trying to be "edgy," I waxed on the reflectors we left on the moon to bounce lasers off of, that were responsible for the amazingly accurate distance measurements we have today. Despite my best efforts he became increasingly sullen and dropped the class the next day.

I'm still bothered by the fact I wasn't able to turn him around gracefully. I don't know what else I could have done, but I'm certain there must have been a way, and I just missed it.
      I really don't get the moon landing controversy. I do remember, was it "Capricorn One"?, that was a movie about a fake moon landing, and how they managed it?

But my own CPA back then, who retired from the Treasury Department, was absolutely convinced that we never went to the moon, and it would be "revealed shortly" what a terrible hoax this was on the American people.

The guy seemed totally sane and intelligent in all other respects - but challenging that "we never went to the moon" narrative would cause his face to get red, his eyes narrow --- all the symptoms of a man ready to get into a physical battle.

He passed away about 5 years ago, never having recanted his "fake moon landing" claims.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
        Her sister does not at all come across as a loon. That's why we were both gobsmacked to hear this theory. It's like suddenly discovering in the course of routine conversation that a person you've long regarded as intelligent and apparently normal believes the moon landings were faked.
        I mentioned elsewhere that my brother floored me a few weeks ago by saying he believes global billionaires - in cahoots with the US government - are kidnapping children and torturing and killing them. Because they are so filthy rich that they need to find new experiences. When I told him that his theory goes against human nature, he said I was simply "projecting." Huh?

I think my bro is beginning to deteriorate, and it pains me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I really don't get the moon landing controversy. I do remember, was it "Capricorn One"?, that was a movie about a fake moon landing, and how they managed it?

But my own CPA back then, who retired from the Treasury Department, was absolutely convinced that we never went to the moon, and it would be "revealed shortly" what a terrible hoax this was on the American people.

The guy seemed totally sane and intelligent in all other respects - but challenging that "we never went to the moon" narrative would cause his face to get red, his eyes narrow --- all the symptoms of a man ready to get into a physical battle.

He passed away about 5 years ago, never having recanted his "fake moon landing" claims.
          FWIU the government hired Stanley Kubrick to direct the fake footage of the moon landing, but he was such a perfectionist that he insisted that they shoot on location.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            FWIU the government hired Stanley Kubrick to direct the fake footage of the moon landing, but he was such a perfectionist that he insisted that they shoot on location.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah, back when I was working with Deke Slayton on his "mobile classroom" project (along with astronaut Walter Cunningham) it was amazing when these guys would kick back and go into "story telling time". Deke had gone through some calculations on the number of people involved with the space program (I have that list somewhere - the different agencies and companies, etc.) who would have had to remain quiet about "the hoax", and that it would, by far, be the best kept secret on the face of the planet.

Cunningham had a radio program - Liftoff to Logic - on KSEV 700 AM, Houston, where he would often get calls from people wanting him to admit the moon landings were faked.

One guy accused Cunningham of "denying the truth because you're an atheist!"

Comment

It has to be one of the looniest conspiracies out there (well, aside from flat earthers).

Comment

Yeah, back when I was working with Deke Slayton on his "mobile classroom" project (along with astronaut Walter Cunningham) it was amazing when these guys would kick back and go into "story telling time". Deke had gone through some calculations on the number of people involved with the space program (I have that list somewhere - the different agencies and companies, etc.) who would have had to remain quiet about "the hoax", and that it would, by far, be the best kept secret on the face of the planet.

Cunningham had a radio program - Liftoff to Logic - on KSEV 700 AM, Houston, where he would often get calls from people wanting him to admit the moon landings were faked.

One guy accused Cunningham of "denying the truth because you're an atheist!"
                  And this leads me to the time back in 2002 or thereabouts when a 72-year old Buzz Aldrin punched a guy, Bart Sibrel, who had been heckling him for years about the moon landing, ambushed him with a camera crew demanding that he swear on a Bible that the landing wasn't hoaxed. Right after the clown called him "a coward and a liar and a thief" he tasted fist.

impact just before the 1 minute mark

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And this leads me to the time back in 2002 or thereabouts when a 72-year old Buzz Aldrin punched a guy, Bart Sibrel, who had been heckling him for years about the moon landing, ambushed him with a camera crew demanding that he swear on a Bible that the landing wasn't hoaxed. Right after the clown called him "a coward and a liar and a thief" he tasted fist.

impact just before the 1 minute mark
                    I had this Deja Moon that you were gonna do that! Yes, in our last discussion about this sort of thing, that was one of your contributions!

Comment

I can't say he didn't deserve it.

Even Russian scientists - a group who would like to debunk the moon landings more than anyone - said it would be more difficult to fake the landings than to actually do them. But they're probably in on it, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Even Russian scientists - a group who would like to debunk the moon landings more than anyone - said it would be more difficult to fake the landings than to actually do them. But they're probably in on it, too.
                        Yeah, the RUSSIANS!!!! When all else fails, the RUSSIANS!

But, yeah -- I'm still amazed at the otherwise "normal" and "intelligent" people who are absolutely convinced we never went to the moon.

THEN there's another crowd --- "The Moon - and why we don't go back there" --- with another whole conspiracy on the things we saw that made us never ever want to go back!

Comment

It has to be one of the looniest conspiracies out there (well, aside from flat earthers).
                          And geocentrists

Comment

If Sibrel sued him and I was on the jury, Sibrel would be paying lawyer's fees and court costs if I had my say.

Comment

Yeah, the RUSSIANS!!!! When all else fails, the RUSSIANS!

But, yeah -- I'm still amazed at the otherwise "normal" and "intelligent" people who are absolutely convinced we never went to the moon.

THEN there's another crowd --- "The Moon - and why we don't go back there" --- with another whole conspiracy on the things we saw that made us never ever want to go back!

Comment

Now, hold on just a minute, buster -- THAT one is REAL!!!!

Comment