Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hilary dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilary dead

My best friend's older sister told her Hilary had been secretly arrested, tried for treason (and maybe murder), found guilty, and, at her own choice, hanged. All news media, including Fox, OANN, and Newsmax, are engaged in a cover-up of these facts. Any recent pictures or videos supposedly of Hil are actually faked.

We're wondering where an otherwise intelligent lady finds and imbibes this sort of nuttery.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

It was only yesterday that I learned that some people on this board (OK, one that I know of for sure) actually still believed the "Capitol Police Officer Bludgeoned to Death with Fire Extinguisher" lie.

Source? A YouTube video.

I think it's amazing how "professional" one person can make a "news report" look, and build a huge following passing on outright lies.
    It's so easy to pass one's self off as an "investigative reporter" with a snazzy looking website and some nicely produced videos with professional looking graphics.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What I don't get is, with all the REAL and proven conspiracies that have went on in the not too distant past that are no less extraordinary, why folks have to make up ridiculous conspiracies that have no proof at all. I never understood that logic.

Also, I don't see what point it serves even making up a conspiracy like that. It's not like Hillary is politically relevant anymore. Unless your friend's sister is just psychotic. That's always a possibility. The internet is a great way for psychotics to meet from all over the globe and share their derangement.

Last edited by seanD; 05-04-2021, 02:10 AM.

Comment

I think it's like the "special knowledge" folks in religion. Only THEY (and a few of their closes friends) know the PROPER interpretation of a scripture verse or passage.

It's like it makes them feel important if they "know" something that others do not know.

Like when we were kids and played "I know a secret" or "I know something you don't know".

Except some people never grow out of it, and it becomes an obsession.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          I think it's like the "special knowledge" folks in religion. Only THEY (and a few of their closes friends) know the PROPER interpretation of a scripture verse or passage.

It's like it makes them feel important if they "know" something that others do not know.

Like when we were kids and played "I know a secret" or "I know something you don't know".

Except some people never grow out of it, and it becomes an obsession.
          But it's not even plausible. It's not even remotely reasonable. The type of scrambled-brained nonsense theorizing she's doing that NorrinRadd is describing is just downright psychotic.

Comment

Her sister does not at all come across as a loon. That's why we were both gobsmacked to hear this theory. It's like suddenly discovering in the course of routine conversation that a person you've long regarded as intelligent and apparently normal believes the moon landings were faked.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

I wish I'd been there to hear it directly. I'm an inveterate smart-ass and provocateur, so there's a good chance I'd have reacted with, "Ok, now pull the other one." Then I'd have had questions about where she heard it, who else in the family shared those beliefs, whether it was common among people at her church, and maybe a few other things.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                I wish I'd been there to hear it directly. I'm an inveterate smart-ass and provocateur, so there's a good chance I'd have reacted with, "Ok, now pull the other one." Then I'd have had questions about where she heard it, who else in the family shared those beliefs, whether it was common among people at her church, and maybe a few other things.
                I've never heard anyone actually endorse it, but I have heard of it (or at least a version of it), so the theory is definitely out there in the interwebz. The fact folks buy into a wild theory like that with no proof is pretty scary. I think part of what separates a psychotic from a normal person is that the latter has enough reason ability to assess whether a theory is plausible or not. The former apparently can't do that. Unless it's something the internet itself (the blue screen inducing a type of brain malfunction?) is doing to folks.

Comment

Did some digging and apparently it's this guy, one "Michael Baxter," writing these ridiculous stories (though I doubt that's a real name). And of course the "fact-checkers" are doing America a great service by debunking the ridiculous stories.

Wish I was an expert investigator, because I'd love to find out who's Michael Baxter and their history.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                    Did some digging and apparently it's this guy, one "Michael Baxter," writing these ridiculous stories (though I doubt that's a real name). And of course the "fact-checkers" are doing America a great service by debunking the ridiculous stories.

Wish I was an expert investigator, because I'd love to find out who's Michael Baxter and their history.
                    We need to get the "Hardly Boys" from the "Mystery of the Urinal Deuce" episode of South Park on the case.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                      But it's not even plausible. It's not even remotely reasonable. The type of scrambled-brained nonsense theorizing she's doing that NorrinRadd is describing is just downright psychotic.
                      Yup, and it's set up so that, even if I could show a video of Hillary at a fundraiser surrounded by supporters showing today's newspaper for "date stamp", it would be "a manufactured video - you know advanced computer graphics are!!!!".

Comment

My best friend's older sister told her Hilary had been secretly arrested, tried for treason (and maybe murder), found guilty, and, at her own choice, hanged. All news media, including Fox, OANN, and Newsmax, are engaged in a cover-up of these facts. Any recent pictures or videos supposedly of Hil are actually faked.

We're wondering where an otherwise intelligent lady finds and imbibes this sort of nuttery.
                        Your friend's sister and her source need to share.

And I'll add that any sightings of Hillary from this point on will absolutely NOT be a bunch of squirrels (NSA or not) in a human suit.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That's why we were both gobsmacked to hear this theory. It's like suddenly discovering in the course of routine conversation that a person you've long regarded as intelligent and apparently normal believes the moon landings were faked.
                          First day of a class early last year (before we went remote), I had a student tell the class the moon landings were faked. After giving him some room to back off, asking if he was just trying to be "edgy," I waxed on the reflectors we left on the moon to bounce lasers off of, that were responsible for the amazingly accurate distance measurements we have today. Despite my best efforts he became increasingly sullen and dropped the class the next day.

I'm still bothered by the fact I wasn't able to turn him around gracefully. I don't know what else I could have done, but I'm certain there must have been a way, and I just missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Your friend's sister and her source need to share.
                            The real scandal was when Hilary faked the climb up Mount Everest.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

The real scandal was when Hilary faked the climb up Mount Everest.
                              I heard that his guide, Tenzing Norgay, went it alone while Hillary sat at the base sipping tea and nibbling on crumpets.

Ironic, that you brought him up though because one of Hillary's (Clinton that is) favorite stories was how she was named after the intrepid explorer. One would think given how she's "the smartest woman in America" that she would have noticed at some point that he didn't make the climb until 1953 and she was born in 1947. So if she were named after Edmund Hillary, it was back when he was still an unknown beekeeper. Anwho... this all exploded in her face when during a trip to New Zealand, where Edmund Hillary is a national hero, she repeated this claim. She had the record set straight quite promptly.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment