Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump and QAnon gang remain the most influential power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CivilDiscourse
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I grasped it. You are equating the outcome of a recount to the existence of Santa Claus. You have predetermined the outcome and are judging everything by that.

Here's my example:

If a person attacks homosexuality, then he/she is in denial and lashing out because they are ashamed of being homosexual.
    If a person defends homosexuals, then it is obvious they are hiding their true nature as a homosexual.
    If a person is silent on homosexuality, then they are attempting to fly under the radar because they are obviously homosexual.

Everybody is homosexual. I have predetermined the outcome and am basing everyone's honesty on that.
    No. His point was this.

You had two possible outcomes. A and B. A had an added incentive of $100 if claimed, regardless of whether A was true or false.

Outcome A was unreliable for honesty because it was either true, or a lie based on an incentive.
    Outcome B was reliable for honesty because there was not an incentive (and actually a counter incentive since the kid would lose $100) by saying it.

So, while either outcome was possible, and possibly true, only one outcome could actually be trusted due to the incentive to lie on one of them.

It does make me curious. How often did Jim trust people who used to be part of Trump's circle when they aired dirty Trump laundry? After all, once out of his circle of influence, they had plenty of incentive to lie about trump in order to either make money, rescue their reputation, or try and get revenge on someone who threw them under the bus. Did He believe Christine Ford, since she had political incentive to lie (stop Kavanaugh confirmation.)

Leave a comment:

• Gondwanaland
    replied
    Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

There are many Republicans that will vote for the QAnon supporters in elections and Trump enthusiastically supports QAnon supporters in their elections. The polls demonstrate wide spread support.
    And.... There are plenty of non-Republican QAnon supporters as well (BillTheCat gave an interesting link showing just that). I'm unsure what your point is, but whatever it is, it was blunted beyond reckoning the moment you started pushing BlueAnon conspiracy theories on the thread while not only attacking conspiracy theorists but also insisting BlueAnon didn't exist. You not only shot yourself in the foot, you shot yourself in the other foot while hopping about after the first shot.

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied
    Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

I didn't think you could grasp what was being said, but it was worth one more try just to be sure
    I grasped it. You are equating the outcome of a recount to the existence of Santa Claus. You have predetermined the outcome and are judging everything by that.

Here's my example:

If a person attacks homosexuality, then he/she is in denial and lashing out because they are ashamed of being homosexual.
    If a person defends homosexuals, then it is obvious they are hiding their true nature as a homosexual.
    If a person is silent on homosexuality, then they are attempting to fly under the radar because they are obviously homosexual.

Everybody is homosexual. I have predetermined the outcome and am basing everyone's honesty on that.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    https://www.joeuscinski.com/uploads/...non_2-4-21.pdf

Abstract:
    The QAnon conspiracy theory has garnered increasing attention as more than 80 pro-QAnon congressional candidates vied for nominations in 2020 primary races. The QAnon movement is widely characterized as “far-right” and “growing,” but such claims rest on flimsy evidence. Using 6 public opinion polls from 2018-2020, we find that support for QAnon is both meager and stable across time. QAnon also appears to find support among both the political right and left; rather than partisan valence, it is the extremity of political orientations that relates to QAnon support. Finally, we demonstrate that while QAnon supporters are “extreme,” they are not so in the ideological sense. Rather, QAnon support is best explained by conspiratorial worldviews, dark triad personality traits, and a predisposition toward other non-normative behavior. These findings have implications for the study of conspiracy theories and the spread of fake news and suggest new directions for research on political extremism

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    This is an interesting post. Bill, I know you are a very intelligent person. But you are blinded by false assumptions about me.
    It ain't just me Jim. It's every mod here on this site. Without exception.

Its sarcasm bill. Made up out of whole cloth, mocking those that took the intelligence reports wrt continued threats to the capitol seriously and trying to distract from the complete depravity that is a political party run by Trump and dependent on people like QAnon believers.
    No. It is putting a unified label on existing leftist conspiracy theories using an existing leftist dog whistle label.

The NG remained in place for a good while bill. That is 'acting on the intelligence'.
    That's not what "acting on intelligence" means in the military or in the IC, Jim.

we are saying the same thing here, excepting I believe the intelligence existed, and you believe those that mentioned the intelligence were lying about it.. either way 'blueanon' is sarcasm, it is not a name for an actual conspiracy theory.
    Not "AN" actual conspiracy. It's SOME leftist conspiracies lumped together under a name meant to poke fun at the obsession of the left with fringe nutters on the right.

While we can probably agree that happens to some extent on both sides,I said in this forum bill. The crazy that dominates conversations here that keeps being brought in by many of the conservatives posting as if they are real things e.g. the nutcase conspiracy theories about covid, about the election, about Biden, or the Clinton's, or Obama, or the news media. It's a never ending stream of it. Right here. And most of them believe it's all real.
    And there is a never-ending stream of it from the left. You are just hyper-focused on Trump and are too blind to see what everyone else sees in you.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Ironically, the only people I ever hear about Qanon from are liberals. I don't know a single conservative or conservative news outlet who even gives Qanon the time of day.
    Absolutely! And it always comes from the HateTrumpWithAPassion club.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

There are many Republicans that will vote for the QAnon supporters in elections and Trump enthusiastically supports QAnon supporters in their elections. The polls demonstrate wide spread support.
    And there are many Democrats who will make their political decisions based on outright lies that have repeatedly been debunked - like the Great Bludgeoning Lie because of some BlueAnon video. Know anybody like that, Shuny?

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    QAnon is a well defined conspiracy theory.
    Ironically, the only people I ever hear about Qanon from are liberals. I don't know a single conservative or conservative news outlet who even gives Qanon the time of day.

Leave a comment:

• shunyadragon
    replied
    Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Some are, yes. Many others aren't. Sorry you dislike that.

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    This is an interesting post. Bill, I know you are a very intelligent person. But you are blinded by false assumptions about me.

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

False. It is similar to Blue Lives Matter, which was a reaction to the BLM narrative. This is just something that exists now as a reaction to the rabid QAnon hysteria by the left and their own conspiracy theories and adherents. It happens all the time.
    Its sarcasm bill. Made up out of whole cloth, mocking those that took the intelligence reports wrt continued threats to the capitol seriously and trying to distract from the complete depravity that is a political party run by Trump and dependent on people like QAnon believers.

It was internet speculation at best. There were no arrests made for these "threats" and no intelligence was actually acted upon.
    The NG remained in place for a good while bill. That is 'acting on the intelligence'.

It's a reactive label used for those very conspiracies you just admitted to. *mic drop*
    we are saying the same thing here, excepting I believe the intelligence existed, and you believe those that mentioned the intelligence were lying about it.. either way 'blueanon' is sarcasm, it is not a name for an actual conspiracy theory.

That's completely false Jim. The only reason the "crazy on the right" dominates is because that is what the media found works to distract from their own crazy side.
    While we can probably agree that happens to some extent on both sides,I said in this forum bill. The crazy that dominates conversations here that keeps being brought in by many of the conservatives posting as if they are real things e.g. the nutcase conspiracy theories about covid, about the election, about Biden, or the Clinton's, or Obama, or the news media. It's a never ending stream of it. Right here. And most of them believe it's all real.

I've not used a single ad hominem attack in this thread. And I haven't responded to you in months, so your pointing it out to me is completely improper when responding to me. Pointing out your lack of objectivity on all matters Trump isn't ad hominem.
    And neither have I bill. Those comments are about what characteristics are common to those driven more by the crazy than by reason or logic. They are not an accusation directed at you.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-04-2021, 12:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronson View Post

You're losing it. You have so many assumptions built into your theory that it's going to meltdown.
    I didn't think you could grasp what was being said, but it was worth one more try just to be sure

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

I bet he bought into the whole "Texas and Mississippi are gonna kill grandma with massive surges if they end their mandates - Neanderthal Thinking!" conspiracy theory too. Here we are coming up on two months later, and cases, hospitalizations, and deaths are even lower than they were before the ending of their state mandates.
    It's hard to know what he believes -- but the fact that he totally bought The Big Bludgeoning Lie based on a YouTube video shows how terribly committed he is to 'the narrative', and destroys any credibility he may have had in starting a thread like this.

It's kinda like me mocking you for believing in Santa because the Easter Bunny ratted you out to me.

But, it's OK, because he's...... still waiting.

Leave a comment:

• Gondwanaland
    replied

No they are not all over the place in the political map. They are in the Republican Party as documented.
    Some are, yes. Many others aren't. Sorry you dislike that.

Leave a comment:

• Gondwanaland
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

So, you make a stupid comment, then add "still waiting..."

Let's get back to the fact that you're just as wrapped up in left wing conspiracy theories as you accuse the right.

What else do you believe - because of dumb youtube videos - that's not actually fact?
    I bet he bought into the whole "Texas and Mississippi are gonna kill grandma with massive surges if they end their mandates - Neanderthal Thinking!" conspiracy theory too. Here we are coming up on two months later, and cases, hospitalizations, and deaths are even lower than they were before the ending of their state mandates.

Leave a comment:

• Gondwanaland
    replied

So what?!?!?!? By far the majority of the support for QAnon is within the Republican Party, and Trump supports the most popular candidates that support QAnon.
    The point
    ------------------------------------------------------->

Yer noggin

O
    /|\
    / \

Leave a comment: