Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump and QAnon gang remain the most influential power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    In the end, there was never enough evidence one way or the other to be sure of her claim it was Kavanaugh.

That you think this is even still open for debate shows how out of touch you are. The fact is, there was no evidence that it was Kavanaugh, and quite a lot of evidence that it wasn't. We are certain of that. The only thing we are uncertain of is whether Ford was willfully lying, or if she was being manipulated and coerced into "remembering" events that never happened.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

He was a right wing person. He would come in, spout some random/extreme nonsesne/conspiracy.

If people explained his logic was wrong, he would reply "Assertion without evidence"
      If people explained his obvious facts were wrong he would reply "Assertion without evidence"
      If people explained his facts were wrong, and supplied links he would reply "Assertion without evidence"

Then he would crow that he was great and nobody could ever counter what he said in the thread.
      Wasn't he also inclined to say "argument by link" when links were supplied, and refuse to look at them? Or was that someone else? I'm starting to forget.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Wasn't he also inclined to say "argument by link" when links were supplied, and refuse to look at them? Or was that someone else? I'm starting to forget.
        Not sure. He leaned heavily on "assertion without evidence" but regardless it was all a move to dismiss arguments without ever dealing with them.

Comment

You did in fact understand the point. And the only reason I gave the example was that I was accused of presenting a no win situation by saying that if those doing the Arizona audit, who expect to find fraud, and who will be greatly rewarded if thy find fraud, could be able to be judged honest if they announced they did not find fraud. Unfortunately, I need to accept the fact that making any sort of nuanced observation on this website is not likely to induce anything but a hostile and derogatory response and therefore simply isn't worth noting.
          No, sorry. Your long-winded example was justification for judging the investigation based on prior beliefs. In almost any situation you look at, people have incentives to lean one way or another. So you needn't have bothered with your Santa Claus example (which was an obvious ploy to introduce a ridiculous conclusion against all other conclusions).

And my response was neither "hostile" nor "derogatory." Coming from the person who called me "despicable" for merely pointing out that Howard University discriminates enrollment based on race, I find your delicate sensitivities unconvincing anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

That you think this is even still open for debate shows how out of touch you are.
            For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Oh - of course. Exactly.

The fact is, there was no evidence that it was Kavanaugh, and quite a lot of evidence that it wasn't. We are certain of that. The only thing we are uncertain of is whether Ford was willfully lying, or if she was being manipulated and coerced into "remembering" events that never happened.
            A lack of evidence is not "evidence that it wasn't". And if there are reasons to doubt Ford, there are just as many to doubt Kavanaugh - though I have no intention of rehashing that topic with you.

My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

No, sorry. Your long-winded example was justification for judging the investigation based on prior beliefs. In almost any situation you look at, people have incentives to lean one way or another. So you needn't have bothered with your Santa Claus example (which was an obvious ploy to introduce a ridiculous conclusion against all other conclusions).
              We agree the time I spent composing my analogy was wasted.

And my response was neither "hostile" nor "derogatory." Coming from the person who called me "despicable" for merely pointing out that Howard University discriminates enrollment based on race, I find your delicate sensitivities unconvincing anyway.
              IIRC that is not a completely accurate description of how that went down, but you obviously took it personally. And I can apologize if I directly called you despicable. I am actively trying to avoid that sort of thing and will gladly apologize for any time I've said such things in the past.

However, if I said an opinion or idea was despicable and the statement was not aimed at you directly, that's a little bit different in that I can be sorry it offended you but may still agree with the assessment of the idea or opinion.
              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-04-2021, 04:42 PM.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

A lack of evidence is not "evidence that it wasn't".
                Which is why I also mentioned that there was evidence supporting Kavanaugh's innocence, not least of which were the wild inconsistencies and gaping holes in Christine Fraud's ever-changing testimony but also her four named eyewitnesses who denied that such an event ever took place. Like I said, that you think this is even still open for debate shows how out of touch you are.

Comment

Which is why I also mentioned that there was evidence supporting Kavanaugh's innocence, not least of which were the wild inconsistencies and gaping holes in Christine Fraud's ever-changing testimony but also her four named eyewitnesses who denied that such an event ever took place. Like I said, that you think this is even still open for debate shows how out of touch you are.
                  BlueAnon at full display there in Ox's posts.

Comment

We agree the time I spent composing my analogy was wasted.

IIRC that is not a completely accurate description of how that went down, but you obviously took it personally. And I can apologize if I directly called you despicable. I am actively trying to avoid that sort of thing and will gladly apologize for any time I've said such things in the past.

However, if I said an opinion or idea was despicable and the statement was not aimed at you directly, that's a little bit different in that I can be sorry it offended you but may still agree with the assessment of the idea or opinion.
                    Fair enough.

This was the thread, btw.
                    https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...cism#post23054

Comment

It doesn't show im 'out of touch, it shows we disagree. As for debate, I still find there is sufficient uncertainty as to make it unwise to proclaim one or the others story 'true or "false'.

But I will note that while you are willing to cast my position as evidence there is something wrong with me, I will cast your position simply as 'we disagree'.

Comment

Fair enough.

This was the thread, btw.
                        https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...cism#post23054
                        Thanks for the link. Yeah, I was very angry at the way the situation was being characterized - but that is no excuse. My apology stands - I was out of line in my response to you.

Comment

I still find there is sufficient uncertainty as to make it unwise to proclaim one or the others story 'true or "false'.
                          Which simply proves that you're out of touch, which is actually the more charitable conclusion. The less charitable conclusion is that you are willfully ignoring the facts in favor of your preferred narrative; in this case, you wish to continue to impugn Judge Kavanaugh's character by suggesting that his innocence remains in doubt. Either way, it's not a good look for someone who claims to love truth.

Comment

Thanks for the link. Yeah, I was very angry at the way the situation was being characterized - but that is no excuse. My apology stands - I was out of line in my response to you.
                            Well, thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

THIS^^^^^ I've actually talked to several different, quite serious QAnon people who did not like Trump and actually placed him as part of that satanic cabal of pedophiles, etc..
                              It is documented that by far the majority of QAnon believers support Trump, Trump enthusiastically supports those candidates that embrace QAnon since before the 2020 election. Trump has never condemned QAnon, nor even objected to it. There are no Democratic candidates nor elected officials that support QAnon.

Some reference to others outside the Republican Party that support QAnon, but nothing has been provided to support this to any extent. It is likely that some registered Independents support QAnon, but by the polls they vote for Trump, and conservative Republican candidates.

No one here has provided any sources to document anything other than the above.
                              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

It is documented that by far the majority of QAnon believers support Trump, Trump enthusiastically supports those candidates that embrace QAnon since before the 2020 election. Trump has never condemned QAnon, nor even objected to it. There are no Democratic candidates nor elected officials that support QAnon.

Some reference to others outside the Republican Party that support QAnon, but nothing has been provided to support this to any extent. It is likely that some registered Independents support QAnon, but by the polls they vote for Trump, and conservative Republican candidates.

No one here has provided any sources to document anything other than the above.
                                We schooled you on The Great Bludgeoning Lie --- that should be worth something!
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment