Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump and QAnon gang remain the most influential power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Yes it is. BlueAnon does not represent any real conspiracy theory or theories.
    False. It is similar to Blue Lives Matter, which was a reaction to the BLM narrative. This is just something that exists now as a reaction to the rabid QAnon hysteria by the left and their own conspiracy theories and adherents. It happens all the time.

It does however draw from a certain mockery of actual US intelligence that indicated certain WS and Neo-Nazi groups still had designs on attacking the Capitol. Actionable intelligence from our Intelligence agencies does not equal 'a conspiracy theory'. At least not for me.
    It was internet speculation at best. There were no arrests made for these "threats" and no intelligence was actually acted upon.

Did you see me denying there are conspiracy theories that people on the left buy into? Can you find text where I have said that? The only thing I have said is that BlueAnon is not actually such a theory.
    It's a reactive label used for those very conspiracies you just admitted to. *mic drop*

There is plenty of crazy to go around. And I'll be glad to call out crazy on the left just as vigorously as crazy on the right where it exists and comes into play here. (One problem here is that the crazy from the right tends to dominate, so that is mostly what I have opportunity to try to correct)
    That's completely false Jim. The only reason the "crazy on the right" dominates is because that is what the media found works to distract from their own crazy side.

Here is a clue BTC: Look at which people are using ad hominem and personal insult, and which people are just putting up data and trying to change minds without lacing every post with a personal or derogatory attack.
    I've not used a single ad hominem attack in this thread. And I haven't responded to you in months, so your pointing it out to me is completely improper when responding to me. Pointing out your lack of objectivity on all matters Trump isn't ad hominem.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

All QAnon proves is that there are plenty of nuts and conspiracists in the world.
      Not concerned at all with the world. The issue is Trump and many in the Republican Party that support.

You may highlight one faction of them for your political advantage, but they are all over the place, and all over the political map, and they believe all sorts of nonsense.
      No they are not all over the place in the political map. They are in the Republican Party as documented.

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Here's a clue -- look at the guy who started a thread about conspiracy theories on the right who was TOTALLY taken in by a conspiracy theory on the left -- the Great Bludgeoning Lie.

And that ain't no gaslighting -- it's fact, Jact!
        No facts present to support this trashy post. Still waiting . . .
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

THIS^^^^^ I've actually talked to several different, quite serious QAnon people who did not like Trump and actually placed him as part of that satanic cabal of pedophiles, etc..
          So what?!?!?!? By far the majority of the support for QAnon is within the Republican Party, and Trump supports the most popular candidates that support QAnon.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

No facts present to support this trashy post. Still waiting . . .
            So, you make a stupid comment, then add "still waiting..."

Let's get back to the fact that you're just as wrapped up in left wing conspiracy theories as you accuse the right.

What else do you believe - because of dumb youtube videos - that's not actually fact?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So what?!?!?!? By far the majority of the support for QAnon is within the Republican Party, and Trump supports the most popular candidates that support QAnon.
              The point
              ------------------------------------------------------->

Yer noggin

O
              /|\
              / \

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

So, you make a stupid comment, then add "still waiting..."

Let's get back to the fact that you're just as wrapped up in left wing conspiracy theories as you accuse the right.

What else do you believe - because of dumb youtube videos - that's not actually fact?
                I bet he bought into the whole "Texas and Mississippi are gonna kill grandma with massive surges if they end their mandates - Neanderthal Thinking!" conspiracy theory too. Here we are coming up on two months later, and cases, hospitalizations, and deaths are even lower than they were before the ending of their state mandates.

Comment

No they are not all over the place in the political map. They are in the Republican Party as documented.
                  Some are, yes. Many others aren't. Sorry you dislike that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

I bet he bought into the whole "Texas and Mississippi are gonna kill grandma with massive surges if they end their mandates - Neanderthal Thinking!" conspiracy theory too. Here we are coming up on two months later, and cases, hospitalizations, and deaths are even lower than they were before the ending of their state mandates.
                    It's hard to know what he believes -- but the fact that he totally bought The Big Bludgeoning Lie based on a YouTube video shows how terribly committed he is to 'the narrative', and destroys any credibility he may have had in starting a thread like this.

It's kinda like me mocking you for believing in Santa because the Easter Bunny ratted you out to me.

But, it's OK, because he's...... still waiting.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

You're losing it. You have so many assumptions built into your theory that it's going to meltdown.
                      I didn't think you could grasp what was being said, but it was worth one more try just to be sure
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• This is an interesting post. Bill, I know you are a very intelligent person. But you are blinded by false assumptions about me.

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

False. It is similar to Blue Lives Matter, which was a reaction to the BLM narrative. This is just something that exists now as a reaction to the rabid QAnon hysteria by the left and their own conspiracy theories and adherents. It happens all the time.
                        Its sarcasm bill. Made up out of whole cloth, mocking those that took the intelligence reports wrt continued threats to the capitol seriously and trying to distract from the complete depravity that is a political party run by Trump and dependent on people like QAnon believers.

It was internet speculation at best. There were no arrests made for these "threats" and no intelligence was actually acted upon.
                        The NG remained in place for a good while bill. That is 'acting on the intelligence'.

It's a reactive label used for those very conspiracies you just admitted to. *mic drop*
                        we are saying the same thing here, excepting I believe the intelligence existed, and you believe those that mentioned the intelligence were lying about it.. either way 'blueanon' is sarcasm, it is not a name for an actual conspiracy theory.

That's completely false Jim. The only reason the "crazy on the right" dominates is because that is what the media found works to distract from their own crazy side.
                        While we can probably agree that happens to some extent on both sides,I said in this forum bill. The crazy that dominates conversations here that keeps being brought in by many of the conservatives posting as if they are real things e.g. the nutcase conspiracy theories about covid, about the election, about Biden, or the Clinton's, or Obama, or the news media. It's a never ending stream of it. Right here. And most of them believe it's all real.

I've not used a single ad hominem attack in this thread. And I haven't responded to you in months, so your pointing it out to me is completely improper when responding to me. Pointing out your lack of objectivity on all matters Trump isn't ad hominem.
                        And neither have I bill. Those comments are about what characteristics are common to those driven more by the crazy than by reason or logic. They are not an accusation directed at you.
                        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-04-2021, 12:10 AM.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Some are, yes. Many others aren't. Sorry you dislike that.
                          There are many Republicans that will vote for the QAnon supporters in elections and Trump enthusiastically supports QAnon supporters in their elections. The polls demonstrate wide spread support.

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                            QAnon is a well defined conspiracy theory.
                            Ironically, the only people I ever hear about Qanon from are liberals. I don't know a single conservative or conservative news outlet who even gives Qanon the time of day.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

There are many Republicans that will vote for the QAnon supporters in elections and Trump enthusiastically supports QAnon supporters in their elections. The polls demonstrate wide spread support.
                              And there are many Democrats who will make their political decisions based on outright lies that have repeatedly been debunked - like the Great Bludgeoning Lie because of some BlueAnon video. Know anybody like that, Shuny?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                Ironically, the only people I ever hear about Qanon from are liberals. I don't know a single conservative or conservative news outlet who even gives Qanon the time of day.
                                Absolutely! And it always comes from the HateTrumpWithAPassion club.

Comment